Saitek X52 H.O.T.A.S. and controls setup

You likely will not find a keyboard free setup. Just to many things going on.
If you need some references, try https://edrefcard.info
It has loads of other people's keybinds and diagrams.
As noted abov. Open the device & printers folder. Right click on the x52pro and open the game controller settings. In that window click properties.
If you leave this window open, you should have no issues with the x52pro binds.

Moin,
Otherwise you may find yourself veering in some direction, due to some driver cycling issue.
what problems? I use the X52 (not Pro) for years now and do not need to keep the properties open. Sometimes the stick begins to drift, then I pull its cabel and reconnect and all is good.

Ciao,
Andreas

I also use the X52 Pro and only open the properties when Win 10 screws the LED settings... Suggest the OP uses the programming software to unassign everything before use - also properties in control panel to disable the clutch key binding. ED default binding are not that terrible, just modify the bits that don't work for you then save of the custom binding file / rename / edit to make the bindings 'fixed' when you are satisfied all works in the way you want.

Here's my binding layout for no keyboard. Except to toggle engine/weapon colours. And to type of course.
I have bands set up on the trims wheels. For example Center/50% is Neutral, Counter clockwise/0% is Cargo scoop and clockwise/100% is Silent running.
Same thing on the mouse nub. it's got lights and night vis, and I forget what else. Not sure why It wasn't picked up.

Here's my binding layout for no keyboard. Except to toggle engine/weapon colours. And to type of course.
I have bands set up on the trims wheels. For example Center/50% is Neutral, Counter clockwise/0% is Cargo scoop and clockwise/100% is Silent running.
Same thing on the mouse nub. it's got lights and night vis, and I forget what else. Not sure why It wasn't picked up.
Thanks but I don't have the x52 Pro. just the standard

This is what I fly with as well. Keep in mind you can bind the function, start/stop and reset buttons as well. (On your throttle) I find these are good buttons to bind for weapons mode and analysis mode. As well as two together for A group and B group. B button, I have set for flight assist on off, A button chaff, the fire button under the cover I have for deploying weapons. Center hat on flight stick for power distribution (Pips) C button for select target and upper hat for previous contact, next contact, (UP down) (left right for cyceling targets such as sub targets ) The I button on the trottle for boost, D button for reverse, mini joy stick for lat thrusts and up down, E button I have as my second fire button but only because my pinky trigger never works, T2 Landing gear, T1 lights, T3 hyperjump T4 cargo scoop, T5 silent running, T6 night vision.. That seems to be about everything. If it helps great, otherwise, thanks for the read. Cheers.

Moin,
but still using the same poopooe drivers/config software.
sorry, but I have to disagree. The Logitech drivers are far better than the saitek execuse. With the old drivers I got every time I disconnected my X52 a blue screen. With the new drivers you could pull the plug and reconnect it without any problems.
I recently noticed some glitches, but there were caused by my usb hub where I plugged my X52 in.

Ciao,
Andreas

No issues other than my PC USB port was a little under powered for the x52. I increase output not a problem since. X52 and elite is a great combination

There was an issue that after a while the X52 stick would veer to the left or right, or pitch up or down, every so often. This wasn't a mechanical failure in the stick. It had something to do with how USB works coupled with the shoddy drivers from Madcatz. I remember being told to leave the X52 control panel open while I play, to prevent the drivers cycling with some USB thingymajig resulting in annoying unwanted inputs.

Many people paid for new sticks when it was only a driver issue. It is very similar to the old Unity Vjoy bug that spins out your mouse cursor in older Unity engine games.

This is what you want open while you play. Just to be clear. Having this control panel opens stops the cycling of drivers or something. I am not too sure, all I know is this fixed what I thought to be a broken Joystick.

Last edited:
There was an issue that after a while the X52 stick would veer to the left or right, or pitch up or down, every so often.
Yeah, just disconnect the stick and reconnect to the throttle worked as well. It just needed a reset.
The problem still occurs with the Logitech drivers, but it is nowadays really rare.

Wish I could do that. If I disconnect the stick it freezes the machine. Fortunately it's not a frequent occurrence. I just have to remember not to unplug the stick until I shutdown.

If I disconnect the stick it freezes the machine.
You mean, when you unplug the usb, right? First tip: update your driver, I guess you do still use the saitek/madcatz driver. Second, I was not talking about unplugging the usb, I said unplug the stick (not the throttle and stick)...

You mean, when you unplug the usb, right? First tip: update your driver, I guess you do still use the saitek/madcatz driver. Second, I was not talking about unplugging the usb, I said unplug the stick (not the throttle and stick)...
Logitech. But I notice I'm not using the latest ones, I might try them out and see if it makes a difference.

I've been using an X52 for a few years and never had to leave the cofig panel open. I did have an issue where the twist (yaw) began drifting badly. I fixed that by cleaning the potentiometer with contact cleaning spray. Other than that it's been rock solid.

Moin,

what problems? I use the X52 (not Pro) for years now and do not need to keep the properties open. Sometimes the stick begins to drift, then I pull its cabel and reconnect and all is good.

Ciao,
Andreas

Me either. Worst I have is USB power issues. I know how to "fix" that but just haven't.

Oh I did have a sticky trigger once. Took it apart and cleaned the metal leaf spring and its fine now.

I have not been able to do a no keyboard setup. It would be nice if I could make the mode switch work to switch cockpit modes.

Top Bottom