Saitek X52 Pro problems

I have the Saitek/Logitech X52 Pro. Haven't used it for a year on ED and see I have new software and divers to download.
I can't find a way to create a dead zone in the new logitech software. The older Saiteck software did have that feature.
And in Controls I used the X52 Pro profile and nowhere in the setup for ED does the it offer that setting. No more dead zone setting in the new ED. The older ED did have that in controls page.
Problem is I can't come to a complete stop with the throttle as it is setup now. I know I can create a 'stop' button on the keyboard but I want to stop with the throttle and not bump into things.

Any ideas?

Edit
I think I was able to find the old Saitek software which has a dead zone setting
  • Go to START >> CONTROL PANEL >> DEVICES AND PRINTERS
  • Right-click on 'Saitek X52 Pro Flight Control System' and select 'Game Controller Settings'.
  • Then click on properties.

Now I will have to test to see if this solved the problem.

Last edited:
(Disclaimer: I use an X-56) I have dead-zone adjustment within ED Options>Controls:

Thanks I think I worked it out with the existing x52 legacy software. It's just no longer in the task bar.
Not sure yaw was what I need. This was thrusters forward and backward. When I pull back on the thruster to slow down and stop it won't go all the way to stop. Not sure if the x56 does that. Now that I have the dead zone set up the ship will stop without need to pull all the way back. As a side benefit the new setting eliminated that 75% feel on the indentation on thruster.
Don't need to go that far up to get to 100%. Hope that makes sense.

It's probably the detent getting loose and jamming on the low setting of the throttle. I've had that happen with both of my sticks. I just remove it when that happens, I think the throttle actually feels better without the detent.

Thanks I think I worked it out with the existing x52 legacy software. It's just no longer in the task bar.
Not sure yaw was what I need. This was thrusters forward and backward. When I pull back on the thruster to slow down and stop it won't go all the way to stop. Not sure if the x56 does that. Now that I have the dead zone set up the ship will stop without need to pull all the way back. As a side benefit the new setting eliminated that 75% feel on the indentation on thruster.
Don't need to go that far up to get to 100%. Hope that makes sense.

That really sounds like the Windows set up to me. There is a download from Logitech to clear out your X52 Pro settings so you can recalibrate the stick.
Saitek - Clear Calibration - X52 Pro.reg
https://support.logi.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360023346933
It is a good idea to do that now and again.
BTW don't have the Windoze USB controller open if using the Saiteck software.

That really sounds like the Windows set up to me. There is a download from Logitech to clear out your X52 Pro settings so you can recalibrate the stick.
Saitek - Clear Calibration - X52 Pro.reg
https://support.logi.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360023346933
It is a good idea to do that now and again.
BTW don't have the Windoze USB controller open if using the Saiteck software.

Thanks I will download that. What do you mean windows USB controller? I got a prompt saying now enough power for USB activity. It is a conflict?

Thanks I will download that. What do you mean windows USB controller? I got a prompt saying now enough power for USB activity. It is a conflict?

Try Start and type USB then click on USB controller. Go to properties and you can setup the stick's dead zones along with the LED colours and MFD options.
I got the same USB message when I was checking some duff USB cables today. Strange. o_O
BTW I sometimes have to unplug my X52 Pro and plug it in again if I can't zero my throttle. But My HOTAS is old.

Try Start and type USB then click on USB controller. Go to properties and you can setup the stick's dead zones along with the LED colours and MFD options.
I got the same USB message when I was checking some duff USB cables today. Strange. o_O
BTW I sometimes have to unplug my X52 Pro and plug it in again if I can't zero my throttle. But My HOTAS is old.

Yeah figured the first part out.
Right now when I plug in the x52pro nothing lights up. It's DOA I think.

Trying to rationalize getting the warthog....yikes expensive ...or getting the later make black logitech G X56 which is half the price,

Yeah figured the first part out.
Right now when I plug in the x52pro nothing lights up. It's DOA I think.
IIRC the X52 need to be plugged into a USB 2.0 socket and reciently my stick does not light up untill I go into the USB controler and touch the LUD or MDF panel. This is since the last Windoze update. In the USB controller you can check the workings of the stick.
Trying to rationalize getting the warthog....yikes expensive ...or getting the later make black logitech G X56 which is half the price,

The warthog is not only expensive but heavy. I don't think my glass topped computor desk would like it very much. But it looks sturdy.
My X25 Pro is showing its age with sticky buttons and double bouncing. The Saitech software can filter out the double bounces.

I ran the reg file and plugged back in, Throttle works fine and can see in software the stick does not light up and is unresponsive in setup software. Nothing from the stick.

I ran the reg file and plugged back in, Throttle works fine and can see in software the stick does not light up and is unresponsive in setup software. Nothing from the stick.
Have you checked the cables connecting the throttle to the stick? Sorry I've got to ask. o_O
When you say Setup software is that the Windows software?

Yeah first thing I check, it's connected.
Setup software for Saitek MFD options.. It see the throttle but not the stick.
Funny when I got the windows warning on my screen that the is a USB power problem is when the lights on the stick when out. I ordered a more powerful USB hub to see if that would help. Haven' gotten it yet. It must have been a power drop instead of a surge.

I did not mean was it plugged in but look at the pins on the plugs to make sure that they are not bent or broken. That happened to the plug on my wife's tablet a couple of weeks ago. When I got a similar message today it said press reset on the notification or the system would shut down the port. Although that is not likely as your throttle is working. The only other thing I can think of is to check the continuity of the cable pin to pin. Those DIN connectors can be difficult to fit if you are doing it from the front of the HOTAS. Logitech support is the next step I think. As usual it happens at a weekend. :cry:

Fortunately I have to other spare 6 pin cables and I will give those a try too.
Looks like a call to Logitech Monday. :(

Top Bottom