Saitek X55 gonna die on Windows 11?

It's already a pain to install on 10, for me anyway... The automatic installation doesn't work at all.
Also the X55 drivers are the only drivers preventing me from running the so called Memory Integrity security feature of Windows.
With the increased security of Windows 11 I'm kinda concerned that it'll be finally over for these drivers...

This isn't the best HOTAS you can buy... in fact, I think it's pretty damn horrible, especially quality wise. But it does have a ton of buttons and hats, which makes it unique in its price range.
I had to redo and improve a lot of the internal wiring so it didn't keep breaking. Which is exactly why I'm kinda invested in this piece of crap. I MADE it work.

Then again I also don't see a lot of worthwhile alternatives. The Warthog probably comes closest, but is also ridiculously expensive for what it is and actually has less features.
Anything else is kinda junk, except for Virpil and maybe VKB, but then again that seems kinda overkill. Also I'm not even sure if I'll keep playing this, after the Odyssey debacle.
Nor do I know if Star Citizen will be anywhere worth playing, or if any alternatives will pop up.

X56 seems like another DIY project, from what I read about it... I'm just very, very reluctant to pay them 50% more, of what the X55 cost me, for basically the same horrible quality product.

Last edited:
I imagine most any Windows 10 drivers will work in Windows 11, but that would depend on what security features are mandatory and what can reasonably be disabled.

What's the rush to move to Windows 11?

I'm aching to do a fresh install anyway, since my current Windows 10 was originally installed in 2015... so I wouldn't mind to jump to 11 in October.

I'm aching to do a fresh install anyway, since my current Windows 10 was originally installed in 2015... so I wouldn't mind to jump to 11 in October.
i have it currently installed. apart from the OS (not impressed) however im very impressed how much difference the graphics are on win 11 compared to 10. not ran EDO for a while. but other games it is very noticeable. ACO, 2077

You mean difference in performance? I heard it's a little faster.
no i mean in the display. surprising i know. i had watched a clip stating that it would be better. though i also think you would need to know your display to see the difference.
to describe i would say things. just seem to display more in a 3d. i will run ACO and record screen on both 10,11 later as its real early here :)

Using X-55/56 for years I finally replaced the Joystick which always had centering issues with the Gladiator NXT. VERY precise that Saitek or Logitech never figured out. Meanwhile the X-55/56 throttle mapping ED bindings still blows away all other versions especially with all the new Odyssey on foot FPS bindings. A Thrustmaster Worthog throttle while being emotionally satisfaction per immersion cannot offer the same bindings. I know as I own one. Want to buy it? :)

Last edited:
I supposed Windows 11 could have better HDR support for content without explict support, but unless something was wrong before, games on Windows 11 shouldn't look any different from games on Windows 10.

I've tried various combos - X55 throttle and VKB Gladiator NXT is my favourite so far. I'd hoped the throttle on the GNXT would remove the need for the Saitek, but the muscle-memory of the throttle just 'works' for me. I'll be sad if it won't work on the new OS ...

Last edited:
It is a USB device so PlugnPlay

You should be Oke as long as you can install the driver. If that driver is windows7 age it should still install on w11. If this is a 32bit driver... It might not install

tried a few ways to record this. had to turn to my mobile to record in the right quality. ignore glare( win10), suns having a laugh :)
Source: https://youtu.be/HMjUID5htQQ

win 11
Source: https://youtu.be/Jetpkvf-y5c

also they are now separate savs so recorded in different areas.
videos still do not do it justice, but best i could do. when 11 is released. i am sure you will agree with me :)(y)
Hard to compare those, because they're completely different areas in the game... but the Win 10 version looks kinda washed out to me.
Is that a 1080p screen? I used to have a bug at 1080p with my last Nvidia card, that would always select the Limited RGB color range 16-235 for 1080p, and I had to manually bring it to Full RGB 0-255 every time I installed a new driver. Maybe they just fixed that on Win 11, I dunno.

It is a USB device so PlugnPlay

You should be Oke as long as you can install the driver. If that driver is windows7 age it should still install on w11. If this is a 32bit driver... It might not install
Yeah, but like I said, they're ramping up the security, even requiring TPM. So if Memory Integrity, which is optional on 10, becomes a mandatory feature, I don't think they'll work, because right now they're the only drivers I have which prevent me from activating Memory Integrity... I dunno, I guess we'll see.

I have no need for windows security. The win10 machine is rarely used. The win7 main gaming machine has nothing for hackers to steal.
Many moons ago while on my Atari, late 80's I went to a site and it showed me a list of saweet files.
I thought hmm, I looked it over and it was my drive C: I was looking at.
That was 40yrs ago and peeps still put financial stuff on a computer? Everyone has access to the cloud.

Last edited:
That was 40yrs ago and peeps still put financial stuff on a computer? Everyone has access to the cloud.
That is just someone-elses-computer...

even requiring TPM. So if Memory Integrity, which is optional on 10, becomes a mandatory feature, I don't think they'll work,
So with windows 11 you need to get a new printer too? No, the TMP part has nothing to do with your USB devices.

So with windows 11 you need to get a new printer too? No, the TMP part has nothing to do with your USB devices.
I'm well aware what TPM does and what it doesn't... It's still a fact they're tightening security, and making the Memory Integrity feature mandatory might be among those things, I dunno. And no, my printer drivers aren't the ones that block that feature from working. Only my x55 does.

Last edited:
I have rhino x55 and windows 11. The drivers installed fine. The device is determined, you can program it. I can change profiles. But it doesn't work! The programmed buttons should write the keyboard letters that I specified, but they do not. Tell me, can anyone solve this problem?

Top Bottom