Sandbox Albinos

So basically I have taken a lot of time searching through the animal market in sandbox but I never can find an albino and I somewhat doubt they are in the sandbox. I had recently gone throught over 700 gorillas and have yet to find an albino one. Maybe the rate in which Albino animals should be increased a bit for the sandbox mode for those who use it more so they could have a better chance to find albinos.

Or maybe there could be a separate market for just albinos where a random albino animal comes in every ten minutes and only stays there for 10 minutes so that the Animals species of Albinos would still be rare because what Albino goes into the Market would be randomized.

So basically I have taken a lot of time searching through the animal market in sandbox but I never can find an albino and I somewhat doubt they are in the sandbox. I had recently gone throught over 700 gorillas and have yet to find an albino one. Maybe the rate in which Albino animals should be increased a bit for the sandbox mode for those who use it more so they could have a better chance to find albinos.

Or maybe there could be a separate market for just albinos where a random albino animal comes in every ten minutes and only stays there for 10 minutes so that the Animals species of Albinos would still be rare because what Albino goes into the Market would be randomized.

It could also just be where 2 animals from the species are albino and it just the normal animal market.

I've read from other players it's harder to get albinos in sandbox mode. I've seen so many in franchise that was my thoughts also about albinos not in sandbox mode. However they're just harder to get.

You can breed them. Yesterday the game "refunded" me (I was very angry with guests using staff-paths so I started a sandbox and kept the zoo closed --> no guests YAY!) and to cut a long story short: I wanted to breed "perfect" tigers out of 4 quite crappy ones and in about 5 RL hours (with a lot of pausing the game inbetween) later there it was: my first white tiger puppy. I was so... flabbergast! It was so awesome! I thought it wasn't possible in sandbox - but YES: it is :D

Last edited:
So no, it seems, you can't breed them in sandbox :(
Perhaps they drop per chance. I tried breeding with my white male, but out of ca. 25-35 puppies he had with his sisters, daughters and granddaughters, there wasn't even ONE white. :(

That isn't fair!

Personally I think that breeding albinos is against the spirit of the game. Animals that stand out in a group are destined to die. Animals have their colors for a reason and albinos are just freaks in the animal kingdom. I have never heard of an albino animal being released into the wild by regular organizations. It is just not done, because these animals stand no chance in the competition with other animals.

You are perfectly right to think that breeding albinos is against the spirit of nature. But we don't talk about the cruelty of nature, where an animal is doomed to die if it is born with a wrong coat-colour. This is a game about zoos. What did people put in zoos? Animals they wanted to show off because they where remakable in some way. people love melanistic and leucistic animals - and I love them, too! And I would appreciate it very much if this game would follow the laws of genetics, even in sandbox-mode!

Top Bottom