Sandbox improvments

Interesting ideas, I hope Frontiere integrates them in the short term if possible. I want to share my ideas, I imagine that it would not be difficult for Frontier to integrate them.
-Release from the instant animal farm
-Move animals instantly
-Sell animals instantly
-Remove corpses instantly
-Optional panic state
-Optional health check
-Instant build
-Instant Synthesis
-Instant incubation
-Instant treatment
-Fights with or without death and/or injuries

My improvements would be:
-removing the restrictions on Isla Nublar 2015 Monorail used as the Arrival Point;
-the scientists skill points are a bit tricky because we can unlock their skill trophy/achievement there, an alternative would be an option to have all the skills be of the "Faster, Cheapest, All" categories much like what happens on other Sandbox options to have it balanced;
-less building restrictions.

Thanks for your time.

Last edited:
I love all these ideas.

I would also like Frontier to remove the withered (old) look on dinosaurs in Sandbox mode if the "DINOSAUR LIFESPAN" option is set to Unlimited while dinosaurs have passed the age point to die at normally. Makes them look super hungry and bland because of this.

Here's some more ideas for Sandbox Mode settings:
  • Social requirements (On or off)
  • Territory requirements (On or off)
  • Habitat requirements (On or off)
  • Extra Combat frequency settings (Hunts only, fights only, and maximum)
  • Panicking frequency (Never, normal, or always)
  • Illness frequency (never, or normal)
  • Injury frequency (never, normal, combat only, or non-combat only)
  • Acquisition of random traits (On or off)
  • Status checks (On or off)
  • Variety difficulty (Low, medium, or high)
  • Rating frequency (Low, medium, or high)
  • Maximum genome editing (On or off)
  • Research availability (None, standard, or all)
  • Disaster type (Storm, tornado, or debris storm)
  • Disaster frequency (Never, normal, or always)
  • Instant incubation (On or off)
  • Scientist requirements (Minimum, standard, or maximum)
  • Scientist training (Fully trained, standard, untrained)

I ran into a Tropico 6 trailer and while it is a city builder mocking tyrants and politics it has always come with a map generator for Sandbox if you don't want the available options and what would you know, you can build in more than one island (JWE1 5 Deaths maps return, the hidden R&D facilities as well) at once now, because of the demands of JWE2 compared to the Tropico games I would still allow the maps to be made available but to use the Arrival Points and a new Ferry system as loading screen gates to hop between island now if you leave dinos rampaging on your previous location they can be easily dealt with a good security rating (same for Storms) or get a game over if you didn't planned the security measures well.
Examples would be returning to a military intervention and killing multiple creatures to returning to a place destroyed by storms (Ranger teams fix the buildings while you are gone with a fund generated from the place future income while you aren't there, so individual storm protection gear for the whole island would be a priority and they can be placed on a location outside building constrains to not cause you much placement issues):
Not my video so watch out:
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydnQLZ-OzYg

I have a rather niche request I think, but I'd like to see the stamina penalty removed for dinosaurs at an old age when you have unlimited lifespan on. I've only really noticed the affect the 60% max stamina penalty has on old Indoraptors, because I've watched my two favorite ones struggle to catch goats and even starve because they're not quite fast enough, and then they run out of stamina. It's rather depressing to watch such a "feared and dangerous predator" not be able to catch up to a goat, lie down and go to sleep to recover stamina, then while they're sleeping a goat walks right up to them, and when they wake up, they still can't catch a goat. Or maybe Indoraptors could just be a little faster... Or maybe in the menu there could be an option for Dinosaurs don't get tired, like how there's options for dinosaurs don't dehydrate, starve, etc.

We need this "new" options for Sandbox.

• disable need for scientists in sandbox
  • Infinite Feeders
  • greater number of constructions (as arrival point)
  • option "no injuries". We like to see dinos fighting but without the injuries.
I agree with you concerning the first three points, but dinosaurs fighting with no injuries kinda makes it less realistic, I have an extra idea for Sandbox which is adding some weather natural phenomena (like thunder and lightning) with on/off toggle option.

Top Bottom