Sandbox Options still requested

Some sandbox options that are still not in the game but wanted and requested

1. No Litter - let us have the No Litter option like we have in PlanCo.
2. No Damage - Turning off damage for rides etc.
3. An option to train our staff even when we have infinite energy on for staff. Or an option to instantly level them up as we want would be even better.
4. No Crime, let us turn off the pick pocketing in our zoo like we can with vandalism.
5. No Dirty Habitats, give us the option to always have clean habitats.
6. All food bowls and food enrichtments and Water bowls etc always full.
7. Refresh animal market without the need to adopt an animal just to refresh, just let us refresh until we get the animal we like and want.

These are all options I would love to see in sandbox mode only offcourse, it's all about having options to play with our zoo's the way we like, having these options will make it more fun for when you jjst wsnt to build dream zoo' s without all the extra hassle.

8. Bugfix for albinistic/melanistic animals not passing on their colour to their offspring (fixed by updates in the meantime)
9. Bugfix for char-pic of albinistic/melanistic animals in trade-center not showing their colour but only normal colour (fixed by updates in the meantime).

I would love to breed albinistic/melanistic animals in sandbox as well and am quite dissappointed that this can be done in franchise (and challenge?) - but not in sandbox (where you'd suppose it to be easiest). (fixed).
Edit 26. Aug.: I am very pleased that Frontier listens to us :) )

Last edited:
I agree on the option to access variants on sandbox through the option section but Savannah grass to me anyway looks very unnatural and realistic in a temperate map. I seen a lot of players do this in zt2 and ruin really nice exhibits that way but like I said that’s just my opinion.

Honestly i would like an option to use different terrain textures in different maps. For example savannah grass on a temperate map. This would affect the diversity a lot. i'm hoping for an update in the future.
this has been requested since the beginning for PlanCo and we are told it can't be done...so assuming the same for this game.

1. The most important thing missing in Sandbox is the ability to "compare mates" when an animal is in the trade center, which is possible in Franchise Mode (at least)! Without being able to this, it's very tedious to manage your breeding.

2. What also should finally be implemented is that guests are not affected by negative effects when certain options are turned on. I.e. guests should no longer receive negative habitat or animal welfare related effects like 'this habitat is pretty barren' while always 100% animal welfare is turned on. It does not make sense to get negative effects from things that do not exist (any more).

I just want the following:
- easier access to colour mutations. I'd rather they weren't produced more often because that's unrealistic, but the ability to deliberately select for the mutation in the market would be handy.
- a separation of animal-specific alerts. This is so I can keep getting escape alerts without also getting alerts about temperature range or starvation/dehydration with welfare turned off.

1. lake cleanliness option: if one uses a value under 100% the water is either cleared by a water treatment (over time) or - when turned on - by the 'keep water clean' option in game settings (immediately). Either way, the useful option for visual differences is 'overwritten'. Would be great if it worked as intended, have a dirtier/ darker water applied while not causing animal diseases.

You can create your own map in planco, so yes you can pick other types of grass there

You can, but you can't use all of them, which I think is what the request is. To be able to use all of them.
The map creation / scenario editor, is what I'd like to have though.

Some sandbox options that are still not in the game but wanted and requested

5. No Dirty Habitats, give us the option to always have clean habitats.
6. All food bowls and food enrichtments and Water bowls etc always full.

I agree with this. I’d also like to be able to simply delete animals. I sometimes save zoos and rename them as another zoo but I don’t necessarily want the same species. If you can’t release them to the wild I’m just stuck with them in my trade centre.

I agree with this. I’d also like to be able to simply delete animals. I sometimes save zoos and rename them as another zoo but I don’t necessarily want the same species. If you can’t release them to the wild I’m just stuck with them in my trade centre.

Huh? Why can't you just go to the Trade Centre and hit 'quick trade'?

Huh? Maybe because I didn’t know you could do that.

No need to get snotty. Why wouldn't I assume everyone knew how to do that by now? Animals can be traded out of the zoo if they're healthy adults. If they're unhealthy they need to go through quarantine and vet care first, if they're babies they need to grow up first (doesn't apply to exhibit animals who give birth to adults and can be traded away as soon as they are born).

No need to get snotty. Why wouldn't I assume everyone knew how to do that by now? Animals can be traded out of the zoo if they're healthy adults. If they're unhealthy they need to go through quarantine and vet care first, if they're babies they need to grow up first (doesn't apply to exhibit animals who give birth to adults and can be traded away as soon as they are born).

I’m not being snotty. Look at how you respond yourself. It’s simply a question of how you say it. All you needed to do was say “actually you can do it this way...” instead of being stroppy. It just isn’t necessary.

I’m not being snotty. Look at how you respond yourself. It’s simply a question of how you say it. All you needed to do was say “actually you can do it this way...” instead of being stroppy. It just isn’t necessary.

It's a simple question of not reading negativity into what someone says. All I did was ask a simple question, you responded with childish imitation.

Like I said, I assumed everyone knew how to trade animals out of the zoo, since it's such a basic tenet of the game, so I therefore also assumed you knew how to do that but for some reason were unable to.

Top Bottom