Sandbox & Protestors

So, we have a button for everything. But even when all my animal wellfare is at 100% and all guests are happy and all staff is energized to the max. I still get those bloody protestors in Sandbox :mad:.

I'm normally the kind of guy that shrugs his shoulders and says: well, it is as it is. But not with this!

PLEASE give us a button to disable protestors, them being there is fine, them constantly shouting I can't handle anymore.

Why are there protestors if every animal has his wellfare on 100% you ask?
Simply because the subcategories do not show 100%.

If the animal is hungry, his food wellfare is on 100%, but his hunger is at 0%? Protestors
If the animal is cold, but is wellfare is at 100%, it's temperature bar is still at 0%. What you get? Protestors.

Issue tracker: https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/11279

I have never seen a company taking so many shortcuts to get a product on the shelves. At least in Snadbox you can completely ignore the guests and the protestors. Your zoo will continue as if nothing happens. Sounds almost like some developers :p

I see Sdanwolf was also suggesting this also. I love the idea of having them tho it’s a neat feature. Maybe their a little buggy at the moment or need to be toned down a bit but it wouldn’t hurt to be able to disable them.

I get these big red messages pop up saying I have a spot fine for a protester but I never even see any protesters. All my animals are happy, there are no notices saying there are any problems so it's very confusing. I can believe that I missed seeing one but I have no idea what they are even protesting. The spot fine message is quite annoying.

I get these big red messages pop up saying I have a spot fine for a protester but I never even see any protesters. All my animals are happy, there are no notices saying there are any problems so it's very confusing. I can believe that I missed seeing one but I have no idea what they are even protesting. The spot fine message is quite annoying.

Yes the pop ups are annoying as wel.

Trust me they are there.

@Imagin

Did you try to use the heat maps to find them? When you select the negative impact on guests one it shows the impact protesters have on guests as well. Once you find the protesters you can click on them to check which animal they're protesting for and find out what's wrong with that particular animal.
Except when you click on the protesters, and you find out they are protesting animals that have 100% welfare. :rolleyes: Or, another hilarious one, when the animals aren't in your zoo anymore.

100% welfare in the main categories or actually 100% in all subcategories as well? If it's the latter they're usually leaving already because whatever caused them to protest was resolved in the meantime, though they still have a negative impact on other guests until they're out of the zoo.

In case you're playing sandbox with welfare set to 100% what OP wrote can happen...the subcategories drop to orange/red anyway, pretty much rendering the option to turn off welfare completely useless, and cause protesters to appear anyway 'cause they also protest for animals when the subcategories drop into the red -.-

If neither is the case it's probably a bug.

I believe you they are there. But it would be nice to know what exactly they are protesting so I can fix it.

That is the problem. There should be nothing to protest if all settings are set to optimal. Everything in my zoo is set to "happy" mode.

@Imagin

Did you try to use the heat maps to find them? When you select the negative impact on guests one it shows the impact protesters have on guests as well. Once you find the protesters you can click on them to check which animal they're protesting for and find out what's wrong with that particular animal.

Thank you so much for this tip! I found them. They are protesting my elephants. Apparently I made the mistake of putting all the toy enrichments in their habitat. They got tired of all of them and that was enough to trigger the protesters. It has to be that because everything else is at 100% when I drill down through welfare. I'm going to have to just let them be a bit upset at having no toys for a while and then put in half the toys so I can swap them when they get tired of those. Toy enrichment is a bit of an annoyance but I can see how it makes the game more realistic. Real animals would tire of the same toys after a while too. Lesson learned. Don't put them all in at once.

Thank you so much for this tip! I found them. They are protesting my elephants. Apparently I made the mistake of putting all the toy enrichments in their habitat. They got tired of all of them and that was enough to trigger the protesters. It has to be that because everything else is at 100% when I drill down through welfare. I'm going to have to just let them be a bit upset at having no toys for a while and then put in half the toys so I can swap them when they get tired of those. Toy enrichment is a bit of an annoyance but I can see how it makes the game more realistic. Real animals would tire of the same toys after a while too. Lesson learned. Don't put them all in at once.
I always put all toys in at the same time. Sure it wasn't something else that triggered them? It's been a long time since I've last kept elephants. Now I'm curious xD

I always put all toys in at the same time. Sure it wasn't something else that triggered them? It's been a long time since I've last kept elephants. Now I'm curious xD

Well, it's the only thing that wasn't at 100% in their welfare drill-down so I kinda figure it has to be that.

Well, it's the only thing that wasn't at 100% in their welfare drill-down so I kinda figure it has to be that.
For protesters to appear, their welfare needs to be pretty low, in the red actually. I never had welfare in the red for any animal for the lack of enrichment. I did notice something today when I was testing something in sandbox that could potentially explain your case. I was testing out the effect of temperature and half of my hippos had 29% welfare at 6 degrees Celsius weather, while the others had over 80% welfare being in the same environment (being in shelter or outside at the same time), which caused protesters to spawn for those two hippos that had low welfare.

You could have experienced something similar to this. There are still some bugs that cause inconsistencies between individual animals in a habitat.

For protesters to appear, their welfare needs to be pretty low, in the red actually. I never had welfare in the red for any animal for the lack of enrichment. I did notice something today when I was testing something in sandbox that could potentially explain your case. I was testing out the effect of temperature and half of my hippos had 29% welfare at 6 degrees Celsius weather, while the others had over 80% welfare being in the same environment (being in shelter or outside at the same time), which caused protesters to spawn for those two hippos that had low welfare.

You could have experienced something similar to this. There are still some bugs that cause inconsistencies between individual animals in a habitat.

Then it's a bug. sigh My zoo is in a tropical biome and every animal is African, it's not the temperature.

Then it's a bug. sigh My zoo is in a tropical biome and every animal is African, it's not the temperature.
Yeah, mine was just an example, doesn't need to be temperature. Could be anything.

PZ-5-8.jpg

The Gazelle's are having the time of their lives. But that is not allowed according to these people.
The image doesn't show animal wellfare, but it's at 100%.

Sandbox mode, everything set to optimal.

What's the problem here? They need about 5 m2 extra to get into the green regarding space. Would that 5m2 really matter anyway?
It's the only stat that is not green. But yet it shouldn't matter in Sandbox when everything's set to optimal.

Top Bottom