Save Obsidian Orbital - Humanity UNITE!

Jane Turner

Volunteer Moderator
The Kuun-Lan and CI have made an executive decision to divert the Border Coalition Joint Navy Excercise to Maia, to provide cover for anyone involved in the rescue effort. In addition non-combat pilots will be hauling whatever is needed. We are sure the Mercs of Mikunn would also agree, but no represetnative was on hand due to time differences.

While I applaud the call to action I cannot help due to being 20 kylies away. I wish you well in this attempt to save the station...

On a different note:
The Kuun-Lan and CI have made an executive decision to divert the Border Coalition Joint Navy Excercise to Maia, to provide cover for anyone involved in the rescue effort. In addition non-combat pilots will be hauling whatever is needed. We are sure the Mercs of Mikunn would also agree, but no represetnative was on hand due to time differences.

Congratulations CMDR Jane Turner on becoming the BGS moderator!

verminstar

Banned
We arent native to that region therefore one has to ask...who is really invading who? Aqre the thargoids invading the human bubble? No...the thargoids were there long before us, so its us who are invading them.

If the danger and invasion were closer to home, then maybe...but its not so I dont see any reason to get involved unless I can make good coin. Charity begins at home after all ^

It seems likely we were trespassing on Thargoid territory. I say we give them the wreck of Obsidian Orbital as a peace offering, and scarper... It was the dead end of nowhere anyway.

Well, I did help build the station in the first place in seemingly otherwise free and open space at the time, so I'm definetly inclined to help repair it now, but I'm unfortunately at least a few thousand light years out in the opposite direction and heading the other way. Maybe I'll double back and see what I can do in time, but either way, best luck with the effort. o7

—CMDR WR3ND

Jane Turner

Volunteer Moderator
If Obsidian Orbital were not an anarchy, but say a Democracy, a Cooperative or Communist, would that change anyone's views? If we can save the station I am sure we can also organise a regime change, if we can agree on which faction should control it.

If Obsidian Orbital were not an anarchy, but say a Democracy, a Cooperative or Communist, would that change anyone's views? If we can save the station I am sure we can also organise a regime change, if we can agree on which faction should control it.

As long as Darnielle's Progress remains Anarchy..

verminstar

Banned

Personally, it wouldnt matter what faction controlled the station...trespassing is still trespassing and the thargoids are merely defending their own turf as opposed to invading the human bubble. That makes humans the bad guys and if bad guys wont pay decent coin, then they on their own and they can burn ^

I have no belief in this being stable, mankind united to build it and it went down the drain in no time. Such a far important place should be under special control of the Pilots Federation.

Also the issue of it probably violating thagoid space is still present. I doubt Mankind would allow a station of Aliens right in the bubble. or Imagine some other country just establishes a city in the US.

Diplomatically I would evacute the stations and show some retreat to the Thargoids and trying to reestablish some form of communicatin with them first. As long as no further knowledge about them exist we could be dealing with an overhelming overpowered opponent and it would not be wie stirring up their soup until it's too salty for them. Might be that the story is kinda roughly finished on frontiers side with minor teaks on how CG's end. But the currently should give mankind a better more logical acting than stubbornly starting to fight an too uknown opponent. retreat to our borders and reinfiorce them in case the thargs might be hostile agressors is a better strategy.

Last edited:
Expect no help form me.

Y'all brought this upon your self's.

First greed, everybody wants meta alloys, you all farm, shoot, steal what doesn't belong to you. Then aggression, everybody wants to kill each other and the Thargoids who only defends what belongs to them. Then regrets, Thargoids are killing you all.. and now cry? I don't think so.

I got one message for you all..

"BURN!"

How much did OA pay you to open this thread? :D

PS: If the folks at OO would bring back the 10 mil long haul missions back to the bubble, I would gladly bring mats on my way back to the Pleiades.

Last edited:
Expect no help form me.

Y'all brought this upon your self's.

First greed, everybody wants meta alloys, you all farm, shoot, steal what doesn't belong to you. Then aggression, everybody wants to kill each other and the Thargoids who only defends what belongs to them. Then regrets, Thargoids are killing you all.. and now cry? I don't think so.

I got one message for you all..

"BURN!"

Who is this "you" you speak of exactly anyway? I've done nothing of the sort.

Top Bottom