Save Obsidian Orbital - Humanity UNITE!

This ones not really about the money though is it :) - I actually quite like the way its an unofficial CG - being done by people who want to do it rather than for financial benefit

So I guess the other stations should remain offline? Have never really cared for money is this game, amassed a fleet purely because I've enjoyed trucking over the years. Aegis is responsible for all of this, so why shouldn't they pay?

Let's be honest here, Obsidian Orbital is run by pirates that allowed a military organisation to develop biological weapons. Now they want us to fix it's mess for virtually nothing? All the while paying truckers millions of credits to ship weapons?

Have been helping Obsidian over the last few days, still it kinda feels like we are being taken for a ride.

Since there's been a pain in the but discover all helpful cmdrs names, everyone willing to make a group to trip and deliver stuff, count me in. My CMDR name in game is the same as here.

Send me a PM and i'm willing to help.

PS: I've been having some trouble hauling stuff to maia system and surroundings. There's pirate/clan activity there attacking all human players. Kinda sad, considering the time it gets to jump 200+ L.Y. and deliver it for almost free.

Just a note to say that OO also has lots of missions available to source gold, silver and tantalum. So if you want to make some money take some of them too. Missions are usually for 9 tons.

Let it burn
12l1ir.jpg

Yeah it is messed up, not much point doing repair runs for money. Bad enough that Aegis pay us peanuts to repair a station, they will happily shell out 8 million if you run a weapons haulage mission lol... Priorities eh? Gotta keep those refugees in check..

Heck you can make more cash just running metals around the Pleiades cluster. Aegis (FDEV) need to give more of an incentive to haul metals A-B 200LY's. Only reason I am helping Obsidian for rubbish pay is because I helped build the station, the other stations need to start paying out.

http://i66.tinypic.com/2mk1gw.jpg

This ones not really about the money though is it :) - I actually quite like the way its an unofficial CG - being done by people who want to do it rather than for financial benefit

Yeah I'm not doing it for the money either. I was just playin' with my comment.

I helped build it too so I'm gonna help fix it.

The rest of them can BURN!!!

:D

Deleted member 38366

D
Obsidian Orbital?

Wait a minute, that rings a bell.
The Great Betrayal of Kaushpoos

I'd say : let it burn. Or finish it off. Or let the Ant Hill Mob fix it - who swooped it after 5 weeks of non-stop CG grind from ten thousands of CMDRs in a shady backroom deal.

Justice for Kaushpoos could finally be served...

PS.
Thargoids seem more sympathetic than ever. This one they got right, they just didn't do a good enough job.

PPS.
The last time "Humanity United" - we built the damn thing. I was there. 5 weeks. Only to get rick-rolled. That didn't work out too well, so... no, thanks. Learned my lessons back then.

-- edit --
Forgot a fun fact :
The Betrayal made Obsidian Orbital fall into the hands of an Anarchy Faction, right?
And Anarchy means... no jurisdiction. Anarchy, as in : no Crimes. No punishment. No rules, no laws.
That's how it works. That's exactly what they wanted and that's how the entire System worked ever since, with notorious inhabitants often boasting about their "freedom". An Anarchy mudhole with Palin's weird smile as a bonus.
So... technically, the Thargoid attack wasn't even illegal, even by human Standards. Uncontrolled Anarchy Space.

Oh the Irony.
Seriously, you couldn't make this up if you tried [big grin]

Last edited by a moderator:

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
Glad to have found this thread. My home station is Copernicus but I'm pushing for repairs to Obsidian Orbital as I believe it has the greatest value of all the stations.

I'd like to bring attention to this post by Factabulous if it hasn't already been done. He regularly updates station progress there and Material demand figures. https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/398977-Station-Repair-Totals

Thanks for bringing my attention to Fact's thread! Awesome job, +rep for both of ya :)

Obsidian Orbital?

Wait a minute, that rings a bell.
The Great Betrayal of Kaushpoos

I'd say : let it burn. Or finish it off. Or let the Ant Hill Mob fix it - who swooped it after 5 weeks of non-stop CG grind from ten thousands of CMDRs in a shady backroom deal.

Justice for Kaushpoos could finally be served...

PS.
Thargoids seem more sympathetic than ever. This one they got right, they just didn't do a good enough job.

PPS.
The last time "Humanity United" - we built the damn thing. I was there. 5 weeks. Only to get rick-rolled. That didn't work out too well, so... no, thanks. Learned my lessons back then.

-- edit --
Forgot a fun fact :
The Betrayal made Obsidian Orbital fall into the hands of an Anarchy Faction, right?
And Anarchy means... no jurisdiction. Anarchy, as in : no Crimes. No punishment. No rules, no laws.
That's how it works. That's exactly what they wanted and that's how the entire System worked ever since, with notorious inhabitants often boasting about their "freedom". An Anarchy mudhole with Palin's weird smile as a bonus.
So... technically, the Thargoid attack wasn't even illegal, even by human Standards. Uncontrolled Anarchy Space.

Oh the Irony.
Seriously, you couldn't make this up if you tried [big grin]

Is any 'war' really legal?

Saying that, anarchists tend to destroy themselves anyway, the 'goids have just been helping to speed up the process. They therefore, should be given a medal for their services. I'd be happy to deliver it.

Thanks for bringing my attention to Fact's thread! Awesome job, +rep for both of ya :)

Interesting... according to that, at present rate it's going to take 2 months to get OO back up and running, by which time the new C&P rules will be in effect. Maia is an anarchy, which means that C&P rules will not apply there (that's the point, to drive the bad hombres away from high sec and into anarchy). I wonder if the repairs will be completed.

When you land at one of the under-repair stations... Is that Obsidian Ant on the PA system?

Anyway, they're 256 tons of natural fabrics closer to being operational. I should probably start using a better ship than my Corvette for this...

Why do you guys want it to burn so badly? I know it's The Ant Hill Mob but EVERY faction in this system except Ants want them to go, they pay you for deffending stations from The Ant Hill Mob Pirates. Controlling faction has 2% inffluence which is strange they can hold up. Is that normal for BGS?

Top Bottom