Save Obsidian Orbital - Humanity UNITE!

Jane Turner

Volunteer Moderator
Why do you guys want it to burn so badly? I know it's The Ant Hill Mob but EVERY faction in this system except Ants want them to go, they pay you for deffending stations from The Ant Hill Mob Pirates. Controlling faction has 2% inffluence which is strange they can hold up. Is that normal for BGS?

AHM is stuck in a war in a neighbouring system which is preventing a control war triggering in Maia. If one of the other factions is over 60% or AHM gain influence and tie with one of them, a control war can be initiated the day after the other one ends.

I'm of the opinion that flipping control of the system is as important as rebuilding it

After spending a lot of time fighting for the Ant Hill Mob against the Pleiades Resource Enterprise, I'd fight for them against any other faction.

I can see that Indium is going to be a problem. We need 2,800,000t and local sources are running low. If anyone has a smaller ship, this is what you should concentrate on. Since there are only 53t available at Darnielle's progress and 117t at Oort orbital and we'd need to go for the bubble for more, a smaller ship could do as much good as a Cutter at the minute.

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
After spending a lot of time fighting for the Ant Hill Mob against the Pleiades Resource Enterprise, I'd fight for them against any other faction.

I can see that Indium is going to be a problem. We need 2,800,000t and local sources are running low. If anyone has a smaller ship, this is what you should concentrate on. Since there are only 53t available at Darnielle's progress and 117t at Oort orbital and we'd need to go for the bubble for more, a smaller ship could do as much good as a Cutter at the minute.

I was thinking of leaving the more problematic resources for later on and focus on what's available there and then.

Maia point is also running low on indium. Closest option is Bottego Base, a refinery surface port in Hyades Sector HR-W d1-59. Around 180LY away, plenty in stock though.

Remember its not done until its all done, so actually focussing on the pinch points is a good idea. Nailed nicely >>Here<<

The alternative argument is that nearby sources of easier to find materials aren't necessarily guaranteed. Who knows where the next wave of attacks will hit (assuming they aren't suspended for the duration of the beta)

Why? Wouldn't it be more efficient to haul a big fat Type 9's worth out there from somewhere that has plenty?

2.8M is going to go awfully slowly if we can only deliver stuff like 50 units at a time.

As the Tesco adverts say 'Every little helps'. Not every player has a large ship at their disposal and if someone that only has, say a Cobra, want's to help then surely it's a good idea to point them to where they will be most useful.

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
As the Tesco adverts say 'Every little helps'. Not every player has a large ship at their disposal and if someone that only has, say a Cobra, want's to help then surely it's a good idea to point them to where they will be most useful.

Definitely this! We learned that during our Community Goal a few months ago. Even pilots in Haulers and Adders were help. We've manage to actually complete the CG about 12 hrs before the deadline, but if not for those little ships that were also hauling goods all week, we couldn't do it.

It may seem that 50 tonnes is nothing, but sometimes those 50 tonnes are exactly what's needed to succeed.

The payouts on this were much worse than I expected. I was making maybe 100k with 720t from my Cutter. 100 kCr is pretty terrible. I did do 3 or 4 runs, but I need more money for some projects in game that I wanted to do, so went to this week’s CG for Sinbad instead. I was making 35 - 37x more profit for each run doing that (3.5MCr - 3.7MCr). Even if I couild make 1MCr per run that would be enough that I would have stayed and focused on this for as long as it took. But my time in game is limited and I just can’t afford to take 100kCr missions these days.

If Frontier wants these stations to be repaired the payouts should be adjusted. It doesn’t have to be crazy good, but it should be at least moderately worthwhile.

Some commodities will need to be shipped from the bubble and some from even further away than the closest bubble stations. But we need 100 times less of each of these than Indium so even taken together, they will be easier to deal with. Some of the mission reward commodities can only be bought in small quantities and they might be also be a problem.

Why? Wouldn't it be more efficient to haul a big fat Type 9's worth out there from somewhere that has plenty?

2.8M is going to go awfully slowly if we can only deliver stuff like 50 units at a time.

Because it is more than 12 times faster to do a run from Darnielle's than the bubble. Of course a big ship could take other things as well.

For the historical record:

ZmkW4Cg.jpg

The thought what would actually happen to that station if it wasn't "saved" intrigues me far more.
It's a chance to really test how much influence we actually have. Not by doing something, but by not doing it.
No doubt, there'll be enough players who'll do as asked, but what a wasted opportunity.:)
Given the number of stations currently involved,the opportunity still exists to leave one station to its own devices,we just need to decide which one.

Last edited:
I shall be bringing my trusty Eagle to help with deliveries (as small a contribution as it may be).
With apologies to Obsidian Ant for this reasoning, but we do need a working buffer between the Thargoid and The Bubble.

I shall be bringing my trusty Eagle to help with deliveries (as small a contribution as it may be).
With apologies to Obsidian Ant for this reasoning, but we do need a working buffer between the Thargoid and The Bubble.

He definitely helped get the ball rolling with Frontier, but many of us helped build the station and name it, though I probably would have preferred Seven Sisters.

I'm not sure what sort of buffer the station should or even could provide, but I'd much prefer it to be a neutral research facility and exploration outpost, which likely matches the main reason most of us helped build it out there in the first place. But then it got whisked away somewhat by the powers that be for their own agendas and left in relatively ill repute for the rest of us, likely the majority, who helped build it.

An Aegis forward operating "research and defense" base to launch assaults from? Yeah, I'm not interested in aiding and abiding that.

Last edited:
Thinking of packing up the Anaconda and bringing stuff out there. Is the station still in need of items (sorry just getting back from a 4 month exploration mission)? What about passenger rescue? Has everyone been saved?

Top Bottom