Save Obsidian Orbital - Humanity UNITE!

Thinking of packing up the Anaconda and bringing stuff out there. Is the station still in need of items (sorry just getting back from a 4 month exploration mission)? What about passenger rescue? Has everyone been saved?
Lots of stations in need of lots of items. Best estimate at current rates is that OO will take around 2 months to repair and that is one that has received a lot of support. No passenger rescue required at OO currently, but there are a couple of other stations still requiring rescue efforts. Look for the icons on the galactic map for more info. If you fancy a bit of bulk cargo haulage from the bubble, I hear that there is a desperate need for CMM composites, not saying they'll pay much though.

Lots of stations in need of lots of items. Best estimate at current rates is that OO will take around 2 months to repair and that is one that has received a lot of support. No passenger rescue required at OO currently, but there are a couple of other stations still requiring rescue efforts. Look for the icons on the galactic map for more info. If you fancy a bit of bulk cargo haulage from the bubble, I hear that there is a desperate need for CMM composites, not saying they'll pay much though.

Thank you. Lastly, do I need to 'sign up' like a CG, or just sell them the stuff? Also, is there a way to confirm what items they need for repair once there? In other words, do these stations have something other than a 'commodities market' to differentiate repair efforts?

With C&P coming up, I'd argue that it's extremely important that the system where one can get engineered thrusters be anything but anarchy.

I'd say with coming C&P mechanics, it's extremely important they're built upon ASAP to include "illegal" destruction in anarchy systems ASAP.

It makes no sense from a game universe point of view to ignore illegal destruction in an anarchy system, and it makes no sense from a gameplay point of view to ignore illegal destruction in an anarchy.

eg: Future alien site type finds will continue to be the goto location for your toxic murder hobos.

I see only significant positives in including Anarchy systems, especially if a little effort is at long last finally added to the game to orchestrate PvP in the game (some of which could be "legal") etc.

I'd say with coming C&P mechanics, it's extremely important they're built upon ASAP to include "illegal" destruction in anarchy systems ASAP.

It makes no sense from a game universe point of view to ignore illegal destruction in an anarchy system, and it makes no sense from a gameplay point of view to ignore illegal destruction in an anarchy.

eg: Future alien site type finds will continue to be the goto location for your toxic murder hobos.

I see only significant positives in including Anarchy systems, especially if a little effort is at long last finally added to the game to orchestrate PvP in the game (some of which could be "legal") etc.

the ruling faction of ananarchy system would still have some itnerest in their faction not being messed up. Surely, they would not care about some other or even opponent factions to be blown up. Absolutely no C&P makes even in anarchy not much sense. but surely here should exist a lot more freedome and less long term consequences for pilots.

Oort Orbital, Pleiades Sector KC-V C2-4 has around 200-300 Indium each time I am there, and has loads of Polymers which are also needed and can fill your ship up then.

the ruling faction of ananarchy system would still have some itnerest in their faction not being messed up. Surely, they would not care about some other or even opponent factions to be blown up. Absolutely no C&P makes even in anarchy not much sense. but surely here should exist a lot more freedome and less long term consequences for pilots.

The only real difference across system as regards security levels should be the speed/nature of response should you for example attack someone. The premise of destroying an NPC/CMDR illegally should end up with similar results as regards penalties as the Pilots Federation and Insurance companies will not want you doing it, no matter where you are. This makes sense from a game universe and game play point of view IMHO.

0Y0JDth.jpg

Where is my "Eject all cargo" binding?

Last edited:

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
The Border Coalition are planning on making their weekly joint Naval Excercise in Maia again this Friday evening

Nice one. Some of the Hussars are still hauling there. I'm planning to go back as soon as I have some spare time for Elite. We'll probably organise another event for our community, I'm thinking more of a local hauling marathon rather than a convoy this time. Not sure when I'll get some spare time though...

Jane Turner

Volunteer Moderator
A few of us have left a Transport ship and a "ganker interference ship" in Maia and will fly over with some of the hard to get items

Cool! The more the merrier.

While I have been watching the %'s go up over the past few days I have not seen many Commanders in open at either Obsidian or Oort on my runs. Even a Commander I chatted with last evening was noticing the same thing. Maybe most everyone is in solo/pg to avoid the not-so-nice Commanders in the area but to be honest I have only been fired on ONE time since starting the repair runs late last week. That pilot was waiting outside of Obsidian Orbital but even with C5 shields on my unarmed Cutter they only just got through 2 rings before I jumped out.

I have been Hyperdicted twice though. Thargoids - 2, Elite Commanders - 1. Rebuys - 0.

Fly Safe Commanders.

I'm hauling robotics to OO for the TWH cause. I made a couple deliveries already in the Hellhole, my AspExp. But I bought a Type-9 so I can haul more cargo. The jump range totally sucks. I'm 20 jumps out at the moment.

Commanders!

I write to you today not as an independent pilot. Not as a member of Federation, Empire or Alliance. Not as a faction leader, not as a trader, pirate or soldier. I write to you as a HUMAN.

As we all know, the Thargoids are attacking our stations in Pleiades. Most of the damaged starports belong to Aegis, unfortunately some of them belong to other organisations as well. And while I understand that some of you may not like Aegis (I'm not a massive fan myself, however I do appreciate that they gave us some means to fight the Thargoid threat), I think that we cannot remain indifferent to the wrong of the inhabitants of those starports, especially the ones that don't belong to Aegis.

One such starport is the most iconic stations in Pleiades, the very first one to be build out there, and the one most of you are familiar with: Obsidian Orbital.

Millions of lives have been already saved by the brave Commanders that risked their lives in the burning stations, evacuating civilians to the nearby rescue ships. All those people now don't have anything, their life is in ruin and the station they called home is completely destroyed, a wreck of once magnificent Ocellus Class Orbital Starport.

Obsidian Orbital can be saved however! The station authorities put out a request for the required commodities in order to bring the station back online and repair the damage.

The demand is extremely high. There are other stations that need repairing, but if we want to save them, we need to take it one step at a time and focus our effort on a single starport. We need to unite as humanity and show the aliens that we're not only capable of destroying their ships, which I know many Commanders don't condone, but also repairing the damage they have done to us!

This brings the Cerberus plague to mind. I'm sure many of you will remember that. It spread drastically across the Bubble and only the concentrated efforts of many Commanders focusing their actions on a single starport at a time has led to the successful development of a vaccine and subsequently to the full wipeout of the plague.

I feel the same is needed today. Our history is marked with conflict, war and animosity towards each other. So today I call all of the Commanders! Let's put the differences aside, let's put the internal conflicts and prejudice behind us and UNITE AS HUMANITY in order to SAVE OBSIDIAN ORBITAL - the oldest and most iconic starport in Pleiades!

It won't be easy, it won't be quick, but I truly believe that if we all concentrate our efforts we are able to succeed! The list of required commodities and tonnage is below:

Indium - 2,924,083
Gallium - 843,842
Titanium - 288,677
Copper - 273,398
Aluminium - 380,131
Synthetic Fabrics - 1,248,946
Polymers - 429,080
Water Purifiers - 367,658
Robotics - 1,180,174
Ceramic Composites - 243,978
CCM Composite - 237,970
Insulating Membrane - 267,479
Power Converter - 245,588
Natural Fabrics - 238,400

We, The Winged Hussars, will be sending our first convoy tonight - departing from our capital system of HR 8444, we will deliver the first batch of required goods, mainly Robotics - so that the repair works can start immediately. Over the course of coming days and weeks we will be sending independent pilots with haulage to slowly but steady bring the station back up. We hope that you will join us in our efforts, as the only way we can succeed is to get as many pilots involved as possible.

Are you with us, Commander?

whait a moment past in pvp was kill u in spot wasnt it ?

Last edited:
Top Bottom