Saving files/settings/parks etc at beta for launch

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
You are going slightly into the fanboy route with your arguments. Alpha/beta access should simply be free or most could accept a slight compensation. Currently its just a really weird pricing scheme, and slightly rude. (slight because release price is quite low.)
Backing games on kickstarter never ever give you beta/alpha access for more money then the actual game.

Please let me correct this: Parkitect is a game that asked a higher price on Kickstarter for early access to the alpha. So not 'never'.

An amazing game like Planet Coaster would normally cost around € 60. The Early Bird Edition is € 67,99, so you pay € 7,99 extra to get access to the alpha/beta, if you look on it this way.

The standard edition of Planet Coaster is € 26,99, which is actually cheap the way I see it.

The pricing seems high, but once you consider these things, it's not that bad. To me, you pay/buy what you find it worthy of.

As a side note: you can change the currency on the Frontier Store.

I highly disagree with you on this. [...]
I know you disagree.Charging people to do a beta tester job is a trendy thing now.
I'm not agree with these aggressive "EA-like" techniques, but people are okay with this (I dont know why but it's the truth), then I deal with it.
And anyway, this debate has already taken place, so let's move on ...

But, at least, they can clear the mess about these "packages" that are just incomprehensible. (as much in names, numbers, content inside, price, or ergonomics)

Why that a simple forum access is as expensive as the early access to the game, and more expensive than the game itself ?
Where is the "Coaster-Head forum access + Alpha access" bundle without the rest ?
And who is responsible for the translation into French on the online shop ? "Planet Coaster - édition précoce" ? Really ? Someone "précose" mean "with premature ejaculation" ...

It's not serious !!!

And It's the only reason I have not bought yet.
I'm sorry to tell but, but it's a big mess.
(and the many posts about "additional information" about these "packages" confirms that I'm right)

And even if you are not agree, and even if I'm the biggest fan ever, I dont understand how they can create such a beautiful and amazing game, and fail so miserably on the web marketing part.

Sorry if it hurts, it's not the goal, but ... please Frontier ... do something !

Please let me correct this: Parkitect is a game that asked a higher price on Kickstarter for early access to the alpha. So not 'never'.

An amazing game like Planet Coaster would normally cost around € 60. The Early Bird Edition is € 67,99, so you pay € 7,99 extra to get access to the alpha/beta, if you look on it this way.

The standard edition of Planet Coaster is € 26,99, which is actually cheap the way I see it.

The pricing seems high, but once you consider these things, it's not that bad. To me, you pay/buy what you find it worthy of.

As a side note: you can change the currency on the Frontier Store.
alright i stand corrected then. But this trend needs to stop. its a rude way of making money. If it really was early access pass it would be -kinda- ok. but its not. youre getting a buggy release thats not finished and might even have alot stuff stripped away from it.

Last edited:
alright i stand corrected then. But this trend needs to stop. its a rude way of making money. If it really was early access pass it would be -kinda- ok. but its not. youre getting a buggy release thats not finished and might even have alot stuff stripped away from it.

It is a early access pass as you are getting "early access to the game" before its final release to the general public. On a side note yes they provide a playable game with bugs in it and with no bugs. With games pushing the envelope now, there are going to be bugs. But again its a base game that they are building on during the alpha/beta process. They are not stripping out features they, they are building features and getting your input then adding more features into the early access. For what I have seen and bought into most other early access games this is the way they are being done.

alot of games sometimes deliberatly leave out content to test different parts of the game. We dont know how and when at planet coaster, and yet they ask more then double the price for the game. I will just hope for them to give away beta keys because this is not worth it in any way until we have more information.

I don't think expecting a free beta is reasonable at all. I'm all in favor of paying for an "early preview" of a game, but not a beta. Bug-testing is something that should not be purchased, that should be done with an enclosed group. People need to realize that nobody purchases a game early to help in development, they purchase a game early to play it before launch, and as long as the term "beta" is still thrown around as much as it is, than most early previews of games will be unpolished but forgiven.

I don't think expecting a free beta is reasonable at all. I'm all in favor of paying for an "early preview" of a game, but not a beta. Bug-testing is something that should not be purchased, that should be done with an enclosed group. People need to realize that nobody purchases a game early to help in development, they purchase a game early to play it before launch, and as long as the term "beta" is still thrown around as much as it is, than most early previews of games will be unpolished but forgiven.

True but none the less it all comes down to the fact that whoever pays for it, loves the game or is excited about it. And is simply just showing they are excited and willing to help support the developers. Again the point I always bring up is trying to "support the developers", but nobody seems to care about that and just wants everything for free.

Just my 2 cents, but really there is no need to talk about this now as its pointless and seems to go in circles because everything see's things differently which is the great thing about people! We all have our opinions and can work together to make things great!

alot mmo games have "head-starts" wich are period of times you can play the final game before other people. Thats fine to pay for.
I just feel frontier is pushing the limit with their pricing scheme, asking more then double for alpha/beta WHILE not giving any kind of information about it. weekend? permanent? can we save stuff and use it later?
I love the way they put heart into this game and this is just saddening. i will just hope for beta access keys or resort to youtube/other ways to see/play the game.

alot mmo games have "head-starts" wich are period of times you can play the final game before other people. Thats fine to pay for.
I just feel frontier is pushing the limit with their pricing scheme, asking more then double for alpha/beta WHILE not giving any kind of information about it. weekend? permanent? can we save stuff and use it later?
I love the way they put heart into this game and this is just saddening. i will just hope for beta access keys or resort to youtube/other ways to see/play the game.

Like others have said and I have seen if its anything like Elite Dangerous, then the beta/alpha access could be a few weeks or longer, don't quote me on that but I would just assume since they made Elite Dangerous as well, and they are indeed making this game to. Just what I have seen.

True but none the less it all comes down to the fact that whoever pays for it, loves the game or is excited about it. And is simply just showing they are excited and willing to help support the developers. Again the point I always bring up is trying to "support the developers", but nobody seems to care about that and just wants everything for free.!

Yes i agree. It's true!

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom