Scarab Mastery Championship [Coming December - Info Inside]

Coming December is the new Scarab Mastery Championship where you get to prove your absolute mastery of the Scarab SRV.
There will be 8 event days with each 3 stages ranging from:
  • Urban parcour
  • Hill climbs
  • Down hill races
  • Base jumping
  • Canyon jumps
  • Lapped races across dirt and tarmac

Races will be on a mix of low to high G planets. Some challenges you perform together and some one after the other. Everything live on the event day.
Stay tuned for details on days, etc!

Please also tell your friends - the more races the better!

Elite Racers Discord: https://discord.gg/52vptDU

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
Nice sounds great! If I'm around then I'll definitely give it a try.

Last edited:
I've been asked to relay a message:

BlackMaze said:
The Scarab Mastery Championship is purely on the PC due to the live nature but the Elite Racers has Xbox members as well so we invite them to come and join us.
There is a big chance our very own Terrorsidic will be organising a timetrial version of the activities, right Terror? Right?!

RACE DATES

We now have dates for all the races as well as a video showcasing the Event Dates.

s1r6MMe.png

TLDR; races start in December and are every Saturday at 18:00 UTC with a post-race podcast on the Sunday at 18:00 UTC (with a two week gap in the schedule over the christmas break).

Is this an all Platforms Event or PC only?
I think @BlackMaze (who perhaps missed your question as he's not a big forum user) has inadvertantly answered it rather bluntly.

As you've probably spotted - being a live in-game instanced race event (which is also making use of 3rd party tools for timing/tracking), and without cross-play, I'm afraid this does rather mean that console players are going to be excluded from taking part in this. That said, there's no reason a group of console players couldn't replicate the event for themselves (the 3rd party tracker is non-essential).

Again, on behalf of the organisers I feel obliged to apologise for this - I hate it when events like this exclude people for whatever reason.

All I can add is that if you're into racing then try to keep an eye out here in the Events section of the forum for future Buckyball races as we run these as time trials which means that all are welcome to take part, irrespective of platform and/or availability on particular dates/times.

Is this an all Platforms Event or PC only?

Im on XB, GT Vetinaris, send me a friend and Ill add you to PG...PS4/5 up to you Im afraid...we can still join in spirit. :)

itll be unofficial but itll be fun....as long as I dont get lost as usual.

I think @BlackMaze (who perhaps missed your question as he's not a big forum user) has inadvertantly answered it rather bluntly.

As you've probably spotted - being a live in-game instanced race event (which is also making use of 3rd party tools for timing/tracking), and without cross-play, I'm afraid this does rather mean that console players are going to be excluded from taking part in this. That said, there's no reason a group of console players couldn't replicate the event for themselves (the 3rd party tracker is non-essential).

Again, on behalf of the organisers I feel obliged to apologise for this - I hate it when events like this exclude people for whatever reason.

All I can add is that if you're into racing then try to keep an eye out here in the Events section of the forum for future Buckyball races as we run these as time trials which means that all are welcome to take part, irrespective of platform and/or availability on particular dates/times.

Thats Outrageous! I have no choice but to do it myself unofficially but alongside in our parallel universes. ;) Oh well, hope theres some future ones we can all join but yeah we never gonna get the cross play for the non-solo rally cross type so we will always be separated by that wall. Never mind. Just one of those things.

Glad to see that the course has been changed slightly, means my total lack of practice has paid off for once :)

I may have missed it but is there an FC to dock / respawn at in System that isnt going to jump out in the middle of the event? Im one jump over, darent dock at an FC until I know its staying lol

I may have missed it but is there an FC to dock / respawn at in System that isnt going to jump out in the middle of the event? Im one jump over, darent dock at an FC until I know its staying lol
Use "Cranky Metrics" if you want outfitting/shipyard, or "Tis a Fleeting Thing" if you don't need that.
Neither will be moving till after the event.

Unofficial XB times:

Hill Climb 21:43 (got stuck on last bit for quite a while) - Blew up on way back down
Descent - DNF missed the time and video stopped recording. (One bounce before pad, 2nd bounce way beyond pad, turned around and morphed into landing pad on arrival and self-destructed / blew up)...and Im not 100% sure I set off from the right bit, I think I jumped early and went over the proper jump point.
Rally X - 20:00 (not 1 complete run without spinning out, crashing or getting stuck on an object) - celebrate by balancing SRV on Entry Sign and blow up falling off

3 SRVs brought, 3 SRVs destroyed. Perfect Planning!

Not impressive Ill grant you, but a lot of fun apart from the last 10 minutes of that hill climb where I couldnt see Jack and kept losing track of where I was trying to get to, wasnt sure if hull was gonna last.

Onwards and upwards, things can only get better....or stay the same or get worse, but one of those three for sure :)

Unofficial XB times:

Hill Climb 21:43 (got stuck on last bit for quite a while) - Blew up on way back down
Descent - DNF missed the time and video stopped recording. (One bounce before pad, 2nd bounce way beyond pad, turned around and morphed into landing pad on arrival and self-destructed / blew up)...and Im not 100% sure I set off from the right bit, I think I jumped early and went over the proper jump point.
Rally X - 20:00 (not 1 complete run without spinning out, crashing or getting stuck on an object) - celebrate by balancing SRV on Entry Sign and blow up falling off

3 SRVs brought, 3 SRVs destroyed. Perfect Planning!

Not impressive Ill grant you, but a lot of fun apart from the last 10 minutes of that hill climb where I couldnt see Jack and kept losing track of where I was trying to get to, wasnt sure if hull was gonna last.

Onwards and upwards, things can only get better....or stay the same or get worse, but one of those three for sure :)
Nice Vetinari :D👏

Were you running at the same time as the live race? Join in on the discord if you can while you do it next time?

Top Bottom