Scenario Problem

Not sure if I'm missing something extremely obvious here, but I cannot seem to get the water clean on the 'Great Caldera Safari Park' Career mission. As you can see from the screenshot, It's clearly covered by the water treatment generators, so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong? All my animals are getting diseases from drinking the water too.

Capture.JPG

It seems like more people have the same issue, like this one for example:
https://www.reddit.com/r/PlanetZoo/comments/dtkf04 Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/PlanetZoo/comments/dtkf04/great_caldera_safari_park_issue/

I also never got it to blue... Well, I also never really tried it. In my opinion the quests were easy enough to complete, even if the animals got sick :p
The hardest part is probably to reach the 2800 guests that you need, but it's definitely possible without clear water as you can see:

What I did to get a gold star for this level is put a fence around the dirty lake, and made some new tiny lakes for them. No animals will get sick again. There is just enough space to do that in the Elephant enclosure and Giraffe enclosure. Don't forget to use water treatment for your new lakes/ponds! I hope this will help you out.

Bo Marit

Lead Community Manager
Frontier
Hiya! We've logged this as a bug - basically, it does work but it takes a long time for the water to get cleaned properly. We're looking into what we can do to streamline this scenario a bit better :) thanks for letting us know!

Hiya! We've logged this as a bug - basically, it does work but it takes a long time for the water to get cleaned properly. We're looking into what we can do to streamline this scenario a bit better :) thanks for letting us know!
Ahh I see, thanks for the reply Bo! :)

If it helps, I have stacked multiple water treatment centers and the water progressively got worse over a span of two years. I would say that "it takes a long time" is a massive understatement considering the water quality goes down, not up after placing all that water treatment.

I've been frustrated with this bug for a few days but have discovered a pretty simple workaround that doesn't require cutting down the size of the enclosures. You are able to simply change most of the barriers within the water to a watertight barrier (I personally used the Red Brick option during my initial test). Unfortunately, the barriers that go under the lower raised paths don't seem to want to change so you have to add additional barriers to block to flow of water. I just followed the edges of the raised path as to not lose any area and connected everything where I was able to to complete the habitat. After about a minute the body of water turned back to blue!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom