Scenery of my project Königsfreuden

After practicing building ever since release, it's definately time to challenge myself. So next to my main project Animalia, where I just play the game and care for animal wellfare and enjoy the animals, I also started my first detailed building project. The progress will probably be slow, but I'm looking very much forward to it.

Today, after aprox. 24 hours of work, I finished my first main scenery object and am incredible proud. This is Schloss Königsfreuden (Castle King's Joy), loosely inspiredby Schloss Ehrenburg in Coburg, Germany and altered and changed by me to fit my story.
KönigsfreudenFrontTag.jpg
Planet Zoo Super-Resolution 2020.02.16 - 11.24.01.85.jpg
Planet Zoo Super-Resolution 2020.02.16 - 11.24.35.52.jpg
Planet Zoo Super-Resolution 2020.02.16 - 11.27.19.78.jpg
Planet Zoo Super-Resolution 2020.02.16 - 11.27.38.23.jpg

Königsfreuden is a zoo that was build on the property of a young, kind and modern king. With his zoo he wants to give his people a place to relax and enjoy life. There are vaccation homes for families that struggle due to illnesses or a hard live, to support and help them. The animals are gifted bypoliticals and celebreties from all over the world, to support the idea of King Gregor. The entry into the zoo is free, the upkeeping costs are covered by the big and kind rulers. However, there will be several donation bins in the park where people can donate for great causes, to wich the zoo brings awareness.

WOW that's impressive, I don't think I will ever get to that sort of level. Well done (y)

That is so kind of you! Thank you! And you will, believe me. I was thinking I would never be able to build like this, but with some reference and patience the build mode is actually pretty easy and forgiving.
I'm currently building on a large administrative building. My reference pic isn't that detailed and I want a lot of details different. That's when you notice, that not the building mode is the hard part, but imagining the building in your head. That's what I have to learn next.

I fully agree, I can handle the building mechanics and the shells are no problem, the issue I have is in creativity and detailing. Maybe finding a design of a building I want to copy might eliminate some of this.

I'll check out the instagram - really nice building again! The decoration is very nice, matches well with the castle without stealing the show :)

Königsfreuden-Front-Forum.jpg

It's finally on its destinated place! Truck is of the workshop, but recolored.

Königsfreuden-Backstage-Forum.jpg

The backstage.

A more detailed description and one other detail pic is on my Instagram. Sorry guys, the resizing for the forum is quite annoying. However, I wanted to give everyone at least some updates. Your support and nice words mean a lot to me, so thank you from the bottom of my heart for that!

What I do really like here is the two garage doors you put in on the end building, what pieces did you use to create them ?

Update in Königsfreuden. The castle is on its actual place and the first habitat is ready. I also build some shops and keeper hut and staff room.

This is what you see at the moment, when you enter the zoo. Of course it's all still work in progress. Will need to work on the left side.

Ansicht-Ankunft-Forum.jpg

The main few of the exhibit:

Besucheransicht-Schloss-Forum.jpg

Next to the cherry tree on the right is a path that leads to the castle and the shop. You do have two few points to the Flamingos, but this one is the one on the main path. I will add more Flamingos in the future, to fill the habitat a bit more.

Here is another few when you turnto the entrance again. Again, work in progress.

Ueberblick-Schloss-Eingang-Forum.jpg

And here is the sign at the Flamingo Habitat. (right side of the path still needs a little love, I know.

Spende-Brustkrebs-Forum.jpg

Translation:
"17.850 women die of breast cancer each year. That is why research and your donation is so important. King Gregor lost a loved one on this illness, too. The pink ribbon is an international sign to raise awareness for the problem that is breast cancer. In kings joy, pink Flamingos shall remind of women suffering from breast cancer and shall give them strength. You can donate for breast cancer research here. "

What do you think of this update? Do you have a cause or a topic you'd like to see in Königsfreuden?

Looks stunning! I’ve got to ask how did you do your flamingo exhibit. Is it sunken in or a small elevated path or even at ground level? The reason I ask is I did a elephant exhibit featuring a moat then I used a concrete floor to put around the perimeter of the moat. Then a construction wall 4m. Then a custom fence. I have to admit I copied geekisms African elephant video for this. And it did the trick giving it a really realistic authentic zoo look but man it was a lot of tedious work. He made it look so easy lol.

Looks amazing!!!! Congrats. One little suggestion: you could put more rocks around and also into the water to make it look more realistic.
How did you do the font on the wall :p

Looks stunning! I’ve got to ask how did you do your flamingo exhibit. Is it sunken in or a small elevated path or even at ground level? The reason I ask is I did a elephant exhibit featuring a moat then I used a concrete floor to put around the perimeter of the moat. Then a construction wall 4m. Then a custom fence. I have to admit I copied geekisms African elephant video for this. And it did the trick giving it a really realistic authentic zoo look but man it was a lot of tedious work. He made it look so easy lol.

Haha, man, I have such high standard ideas for my elephant exhibit, also with a moan and a very advanced elephant house, that there will probably no update for month when I begin to work on that. I already have anxiety thinking about it - maybe a good cause to raise awarenes for it. :D Elephants are tricky, even with wellfare off.

Flamingos are pretty easy to contain, on the other hand. I sunk the exhibit a teeny tiny bit,the path is actually on ground level and the castke is elevated. This is how the Flamingo looks way moresunken than it is, but the visitors don'tneed to look down so much.

Looks amazing!!!! Congrats. One little suggestion: you could put more rocks around and also into the water to make it look more realistic.
How did you do the font on the wall :p

Thanks for the suggestion! I actually want it to look man-made and not that natural, but you are right, a little stone here and there wouldn't hurt. I try to fiddle around with it a bit more, when I had a little break from that part of the zoo. :)

The font are modern signs just sunken into the stone and slightly shifted together. Wait, I check really quick how many signs I used... Around 26 six and the sign is new world sign editable 01. I recommend watching BestInSlot 's Black rock park. He was the one who inspired me to do story telling with my park and uses the same method to do the writing part.

A little heads up to all that are following the project: Currently working on staff homes, for those people who live in the park. Still deciding what animals to add next and how on earth I'd like to lay the path. Probably around the castle first, but I'm so not sure about it. I have to be careful not to distract from the view of the castle. Landscaping is the hardest part for me. ^^

Really nice, flamingos are a perfect choice to be in front of the castle! I also love the connection to breast cancer awareness and the wall with the inscription.

Update in Königsfreuden. A kind of "happy accident" mistake with scaling when building a shelter resulted in quite a nice scenery for storytelling, I think.
Here is a visitor view . More pics, as always, on my instagram.

GehegeansichtKamele-Forum.jpg

Story translation:

"Why do you want to build something like king's joy?",Princess Nadiyah asked.
"I want to do something meaningful with my ealth", the king answered. "They say it's easier to fit a camel through a needle whole then it is to get a wealthy person to paradise."
The princess laughed. "Well, then build paradise on earth." And she gifted him three camels.

Really nice scenery, like it!

Haha when I saw your pics of the camel in the feedback pic and now here I thought "what did he do to the camels to make them look so tiny??" I had to load one of my zoo's that have camels in it to check. And they are that tiny! Never noticed it befor (maybe I've gotten so used to the big Elephants from last challenge). They feel especially tiny next to humans in the game. IRL when you see a pic of a camel next to a human they look pretty big, don't really get how the game manages to make them look like miniatures :/

Really nice scenery, like it!

Haha when I saw your pics of the camel in the feedback pic and now here I thought "what did he do to the camels to make them look so tiny??" I had to load one of my zoo's that have camels in it to check. And they are that tiny! Never noticed it befor (maybe I've gotten so used to the big Elephants from last challenge). They feel especially tiny next to humans in the game. IRL when you see a pic of a camel next to a human they look pretty big, don't really get how the game manages to make them look like miniatures :/

Oh, then it is not just me? Really, mis-scaling when building happens, but when I saw them in the habitat I checked the size genetic twice. I thought, if they are THAT tiny, it must be around 0%. But they are actually all at least 75%. It's a bit frustrating to be honest. But oh well, I guess we can't do anything about it.
(I'm a she by the way :) )

Next up in Königsfreuden will be some simple scenery, I guess. The guest houses, maybe the staff-homes. And I definately need another entrance gate, because I simply dislike the current one I have, which is why I never showed it seperate. Rebuild it two times, still not satisfied.

Top Bottom