Scenery trick - overlap flat rides

Hi all,

So as ever with this type of game, flat ride bases are a bit too 'obvious', compared to real theme parks where the theming surrounds and runs through and across the borders of the ride itself.

So I had a quick play to see how far this is possible in PC :)

I have discovered that the flat rides appear to have an invisible collision model around them, this is fairly standard. It prevent us placing a rock or wall through the main area, or path of the ride once in motion. BUT it seems that the game doesn't judge the position of the scenery itself, but the position of the mouse cursor. So by turning the camera angle so the cursor positioning the scenery remains outside the ride area, you can get about half the placed item of scenery IN the ride area.

Here is a really scrappy video of something I managed with the 360 ride:

[video=youtube;gJNsg2MkFH8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJNsg2MkFH8[/video]

You can see the scenery is now well within the area. And the bigger the rocks, the further in I can get them. Once we have landscaping tools, it should be possible to really anchor rides into the landscape almost seamlessly!

NB: Game looks so jerky on bandicam :(

I assume the collisions with rides will be modified to be more lenient in later builds. With that said, I think it'd be cool to see paths go under the genie disco. It's why it's like that, no?

I assume the collisions with rides will be modified to be more lenient in later builds. With that said, I think it'd be cool to see paths go under the genie disco. It's why it's like that, no?
In my last vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aME5iBw1gd4 You can see things can pass through with some effort already...

In the earlier path-finding video the disko did have a path under it. I'm certain this is the purpose. And in a later stream, one of the devs said something about more work to be done to the base.

It seem's like common sense that in the fullness of time, we will be able to use the space under the ride - just like real world examples of the ride do!

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

I assume the collisions with rides will be modified to be more lenient in later builds.

Oh this bit... I think that if enough people ask for more freedom then of course. It's pretty much the simplest thing for them to give us, as it just requires deactivating collision rules really.

BUT I think it's more likely they will just leak the developer keys to remove collision rules - just like in RCT3. We already have the key to access the coaster builder, but it's highly likely other keystrings would open up other developer tools. Not just collision detection, but stuff like camera controls for putting together promotion videos etc. Developers always leave themselves shortcuts to aid testing - in RCT3 it was these shortcuts that started to open the game up for the more hardcore fan.

Thanks for the tips Deuce and I'd have to admit I hadn't tried building under a ride. I agree that this is important and I am too assuming that they have plans for it. But if not I hope they hear this feedback!

Nice find! I've been building under raised flatrides in my current park but didn't know you could get scenery on the edges, will have to give it a try!

To be honest I'd really just like an option to disable all collision in sandbox mode and let me worry about ride clearance [happy]

Top Bottom