Horizons Scout Drones? More like Camper Drones...

Do you want "Scouting" Scout Drones and Following of the Drone mini game?

• Total voters
Seems like every POI with more than one container worth more than 5k has drones stationed there. Why do they just sit there doing their best impression of a Flounder Fish waiting for an unsuspecting someone to happen by. If they arent going to do anything with the containers why would anyone really bother sending them out? Crashed ship, some crew took refuge in a canister and for some reason on a planet with no installation there are Drones guarding them from being rescued?

Why do i never see a Scout Drone "Scouting". Everytime ive seen one they are camping. Granted in every FPS game ever there is always that one guy using a Scout build/character while camping in one spot no matter how many times they die... and maybe even costing their team the match, but everyone hates that guy and they are vote kicked. But a good Scout is one that moves around, we like that guy because he has your back and spots enemies.

So. Frontier. How possible is it to have Drones roaming around planets. Maybe even make it a little game of cat and mouse or Jeep and Rabbit. Chase the drone whose locked onto a signal, follow it to a destination that isnt on a CMDRs scanner annnnd.... omgosh, a thing thats possibly more valuable than other things. By god its a schematic that allows a Commander to create a thing called pigment which can be used to make:
"Paint"
[video=youtube;Poi31IejuEg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Poi31IejuEg[/video]
Crazy i know. Who would ever think to allow such a thing to be an ingame obtainable.

In spirit of the whine that made POIs visible from a ship (even though it makes more sense, is faster, and easier... actually its ALL AROUND better to use an SRV) through the (ab)use of polls:

Vote "Yes" for "Yes i want to see Scouting Scout Drones and that cool thing with the following of the Drone"
Vote "No" because "You hate fun and things that make things funner"
Vote "I dont care" because "You live life one day at a time and wherever the wind blows thats where you end up"

Last edited:
Drones are deployed by the crashing shiop to protect cargo and life pods until rescue arrives, it makes sense they would be in sleep mode to conserve power unless an intruder was detected.

Maybe they are listed as "scout" drones because they go look for help after the crash but when they find an uninhabited planet they return and go into power saving mode, or maybe the drone is passively scouting and the fact it wakes up when you get close is because it was successful at it's job.

Scouting is not all about being mobile, often it's about detecting an "enemy" before he detects you so you can relay info back to your buddies, I suspect you are one of those world of tanks players who starts moaning in chat every time you see a scout tank not rushing the enemy and dying in seconds......

Drones are deployed by the crashing shiop to protect cargo and life pods until rescue arrives, it makes sense they would be in sleep mode to conserve power unless an intruder was detected.

Maybe they are listed as "scout" drones because they go look for help after the crash but when they find an uninhabited planet they return and go into power saving mode, or maybe the drone is passively scouting and the fact it wakes up when you get close is because it was successful at it's job.

Scouting is not all about being mobile, often it's about detecting an "enemy" before he detects you so you can relay info back to your buddies, I suspect you are one of those world of tanks players who starts moaning in chat every time you see a scout tank not rushing the enemy and dying in seconds......

You assume wrong so ya'know what that means.

Them going to look for help only to return is no different than spotting a random drone cruising to be followed back to where they came from, or maybe it canl spot a CMDR and update the message log with a mission. It aint that hard to come up with this stuff. The drones do nothing and the current gameplay as it is would be no different if they were removed from POIs altogether.... thats how much impact they have on the game, zero.

Top Bottom