Scout hunting ship

Hi.

Up until now, I've been scout hunting in an A rated G5 Challenger, which worked fine. Recently, however, I've been engineering an A rated Krait mk2 for NPC pirating and thought I'd give that a try.

OMG, what a difference. The 3 large and 1 medium AX Multicannons shred them in seconds and when you want to stop turning, it reacts much faster than the old ship. Yes, it has one less internal, but the ones it does have are larger, In my opinion, it's a much better ship.

I'm just about to start outfitting another, so I can have one for each role.

Indeed the Krait MkII is considered by many as the best Thargoid Hunter. Against both Scouts and Interceptors. You just need to change the weapons loadout.
I tried a few and I also prefer the Krait. She's just krait!

Indeed the Krait MkII is considered by many as the best Thargoid Hunter. Against both Scouts and Interceptors. You just need to change the weapons loadout.
I tried a few and I also prefer the Krait. She's just krait!
That was what I was about to suggest, Krait mkII, with ex large AX multi cannon turrets, ax taipain fighter and whatever you want on the medium hardpoints, decontamination limpets are however, essential. I've splattered over 600 scouts in a week when a strategic imperial system was under thargoid attack, using said loadout.

Frankly you don't need a special AX ship for Scouts. I've used a Dolphin a few times.
Interceptors have a meta, but Scouts are a free-for-all.
A Dolphin engineered with decent armor, solid shielding and Gauss cannons would be a really fun Scout scavenger, those babies are fun to fly! I call mine "Nimble Minx," though I do not use it for scouts.

Krait M2 is my fav ship for doing AX both scout and interceptors. Its actually a pretty simple set up for scouts, just use 3 large turreted AX multis and beam for tagging or venting.

What makes the Krait truly awesome for AX is the fact that its some sort of tank, it sort of is. It that its very fast and agile and at some point in AX your going to have to run like hell hahaha also great for dealing with scouts.

I've started thargoid killing.
Got the hang of Cyclops. Can kill them 100% of the time.
I'm waiting for my wingman before I try anything bigger.
What rewards do you get for scouts?
Do they drop any useful mats?
Do conventional weapons work against them?

1) 10,000cr per Scout
2) Primarily Thargoid mats suitable for synthesizing AX ammo of various sorts.
3) No. AX or Guardian weapons are needed. Advanced MCs can use both regular and synthesized AX ammo, very handy. Also get anti-caustic corrosion and repair limpet controllers, or plan to make many station docks for repair -- my first sortie against a pair of Scouts got my hull down to 36% due to caustic missile attacks, made for a quick learning experience. Guardian Hull Reinforcements offer some caustic resistance as well, my 'Vette uses two.

Conventional weapons do work against scouts, but not as effective.
Missiles don't btw, but you get some fun visual effects if you launch a barrage of pack hounds against them ;)

If you're looking at just doing Scouts, try using 'unconventional' ships.
I enjoy the Asp Scout, good fun.

I wish we had the CZs back. :(

Hey there. They do drop mats, although ATM they can not be used for anything. My theory is at a later date they will be used for unlocks like the Guardian stuff. I have been gathering them, just not going crazy doing so. For scouts really any AX weapon works, the best is AX multi cannons. Scouts are very easy to kill, I think they can be a little bit challenging when re gen, healers, or inciters are present but nothing like a interceptor. So if your already killing Cyclops, should be a easy.

They do drop mats, although ATM they can not be used for anything.
Check the requirements for synthesizing certain AX ammo -- Propulsion Elements, Biomechanical Conduits, Weapon Parts and Wreckage Components are all salvaged from Scout kills.

Check the requirements for synthesizing certain AX ammo -- Propulsion Elements, Biomechanical Conduits, Weapon Parts and Wreckage Components are all salvaged from Scout kills.

Good point thank's for pointing that out, learn something new in this game every day :D I am dreaming of a day when we do have unlockable Thargoid tech

I am dreaming of a day when we do have unlockable Thargoid tech
My theory is that Thargoids are of extra-galactic origin, and that learning their tech may open a door to intergalactic FSD capability, much as Guardian Tech has extended FSD range. If player-constructed and -managed orbital bases are ever made available, I may endeavor to research this idea.

My theory is that Thargoids are of extra-galactic origin, and that learning their tech may open a door to intergalactic FSD capability, much as Guardian Tech has extended FSD range. If player-constructed and -managed orbital bases are ever made available, I may endeavor to research this idea.
I have heard that theory before that they might be from outside or own Galaxy. Some think there from systems that are currently locked by FDev. I have heard conspiracy theroies of why thargiods attacked the bubble in there 1st place too....

The latest and most interesting theory I heard is the one related to massive crop shortages and a few other things, that captured my ear. Biological war fare perhaps? Starve humanity for a while then attack again. I guess its what makes the game fun there always a mystery

Thanks for this. May I ask, why the wake scanner?
With lots of Scouts sometimes they wake out. Thought I'd check out where they go as well as scanning standard ships. This is a Scout hunter. With bigger Thargoids a player can install the remote flak launcher, field neutralizer, Guardian weapons and fighters as needed..

Last edited:
Top Bottom