Second thargoid scout has been found

With these 3 stars?

Is there a writeup for mere mortals how exactly this works? There's probably some math wizardry involved.

Also: Can you find a girlfriend for me with this method?

Congratulations by the way. That is some endurance here ...

I cant find anyone else to confirm what i know i heard... and i didnt record it as i wasnt expecting anything...
But i heard a recording as i scanned...

So, I had a look myself and i think i know what you mean (starting at ~3,5sec):
https://soundcloud.com/hans-woarscht/2018-01-07-scout-ii-scan-audio

Good news first, there is def a kinda weird sound while you Scan it...cant say if its the usual scanning sound though cause i never paid any real attention before.

"Bad" news now, i dont think (!) that it is some kind of hidden code or message.
I have applied some filters (low/high pass, removed background noise, decreased playback speed etc) and wasnt able to produce anything close to understandable.
The Spectogram also seemed quite normal, you can clearly recognize the given "voices" though.

Another reason against this theory is that it seems realy unlikely that FD would put a hidden code into something that cant be reproduced after the first scan, i mean, its hard enough to execute the scan itself (guess its a bug) ^^

Like i said before, im no soundengineer, so theres still a good chance that i missed something, just seems unlikely to me given the circumstances.

Non the less: Good job Cmdr!
Its always important to pay attention to stuff like this, so dont feel discouraged and keep on the good work.

o7

Edit: The File in the Soundcloud link is unedited...
Edit 2:...and also something went wrong, seems/sounds like one of the stereo channels is missing

Last edited:
Yes. But i heard it much clearer. It is in normal speed.
But i would only hear it with my headset on. Can it be in some wierd frequency? I know i have good hearing and quite often hear stuff before others can hear it. If its just sensitive hearing i dont know...

Yes. But i heard it much clearer. It is in normal speed.
But i would only hear it with my headset on. Can it be in some wierd frequency? I know i have good hearing and quite often hear stuff before others can hear it. If its just sensitive hearing i dont know...

Argh, just checked it with my headphones on and noticed the audio-file is screwed, one stereo channel is missing...

Now we have exactly the problem that im not able to reproduce it because the scan is allready done :mad:
Havent noticed anything with the original file still.

Also there are some sound options that could be the reason (im playing with "nightmode" for example)

So... maybe im not going insane after all..
Maybe the voices isnt just in my head...

Nope.

Youre_Nuts-vi.gif

:D

Where's the scanning point for this scout? On the previous one it was behind and a couple dozen meters underground, but I can't seem to find it for this one.

Edit: oh, it's the whole thing! I was looking for a single point like the other one. Thank you Fdev, this is MUCH better!

Last edited:
Where's the scanning point for this scout? On the previous one it was behind and a couple dozen meters underground, but I can't seem to find it for this one.

Edit: oh, it's the whole thing! I was looking for a single point like the other one. Thank you Fdev, this is MUCH better!

Is the message different?

Here's a Riddle:
What is the common denominator between this Thargoid Scout Art and the ones that are now found..
z36f2docpg3z.png

It's very easy.. [big grin]

Last edited:
Don't know, but always wondered why that 'asteroid' directly underneath the Thargoid on the Cobra image looks so strange (the one with the three 'fingers' pointing out to the left). Possibly it's not even an asteroid?

lPId6TF.png

O7,
[noob]

Last edited:
Top Bottom