Second thargoid scout has been found

Don't know, but always wondered why that 'asteroid' directly underneath the Thargoid on the Cobra image looks so strange (the one with the three 'fingers' pointing out to the left). Possibly it's not even an asteroid?

O7,
[noob]
That's interesting.. but here's a hint:
Open the galaxy map and look at the systems on where the two Scouts are.. and look at the art again.. :)

Looks more like a structure to me, at least. Broken Superstructure? ;)

That was almost too easy. Threaded my way past their perimeter, masked my heat signature so I could get close to the superstructure.

If that concept art depicts CMDR Jamesons last mission, it might be. We don't see what is offscreen, after all...

Oh, and IIRC, both Scouts crashed on moons orbiting ringed bodies, and rings are what we see in the concept art as well.

Think the skybox has no prominent stars and doesn't lead to anything here?

O7,
[noob]

Last edited:
Looks more like a structure to me, at least. Broken Superstructure? ;)

That was almost too easy. Threaded my way past their perimeter, masked my heat signature so I could get close to the superstructure.

If that concept art depicts CMDR Jamesons last mission, it might be. We don't see what is offscreen, after all...

Oh, and IIRC, both Scouts crashed on moons orbiting ringed bodies, and rings are what we see in the concept art as well.

Think the skybox has no prominent stars and doesn't lead to anything here?

O7,
[noob]

You got it!!.. :D
In all cases, the Ring is the common denominator..

I will check one of these rings tonight (perhaps is only a waste of time!), but who knows.. :)

Thx. Having another look at the concept pic now, in no way this is an asteroid, but a structure indeed. Mind the straight lines and angles on the right side, in particular.

U49F1ZH.png

O7,
[noob]

FWIW, I managed to extract a different version of that scene from the Braben Twitch clip mentioned on page 1.

https://clips.twitch.tv/ProductiveBi...gCasettePJSalt

Unfortunately, 720p is all you get, so zooming leads to nothing, but the scene is much clearer, for the artificial haze and interlace is missing.

4oWj8jQ.jpg

There are many interesting details in this image. For instance, the large cluster in the middle (left to the detail in question) could be a structure too, just as the Conda-like one on the right. And right below that, there is a strange asteroid with white spikes growing out of it?? :eek: And everything seems to have taken place rather close to the sun.

MpBJwNA.jpg

I'm a complete noob in many ways, but could it be we see the remains of a hive | mother ship here (or part of them)? The one that Jameson destroyed?

O7,
[noob]

Last edited:
FWIW, I managed to extract a different version of that scene from the Braben Twitch clip mentioned on page 1.

Unfortunately, 720p is all you get, so zooming leads to nothing, but the scene is much clearer, for the artificial haze and interlace is missing.

There are many interesting details in this image. For instance, the large cluster in the middle (left to the detail in question) could be a structure too, just as the Conda-like one on the right. And right below that, there is a strange asteroid with white spikes growing out of it?? :eek: And everything seems to have taken place rather close to the sun.

I'm a complete noob in many ways, but could it be we see the remains of a hive | mother ship here (or part of them)? The one that Jameson destroyed?

O7,
[noob]

This image is interesting in indicating limits on possible locations. The system star is white in color and very close to a ringed planet. Usually ringed planets are gas giants father away from their star. The thargoid scout crash locations are on moons orbiting ringed gas giants but somewhat far from the star.

The thargoid scout crash site in HIP 17125 also has a high metal planet with rings (A2) that is only 21 Ls from a white star so the star looks large when viewing from the ring. The asteroids in the ring looks something like the image with white marks and haze. Possibly makes sense that the thargoid scout was intercepted here after the mother ship was destroyed then crashed on the moon A3A. Maybe worth a look in HIP 17125 A2 rings for mothership debris, crashed cobra, or some other clue?

-AE67

O7,
[noob]

Correct me if I'm wrong but that's rendered right? Not in game graphics? I only ask because if they are rendered assests, would said ring system even exist in game?

Also, I'm all for a tinfoil hat party but I think they're just asteroids and the light is playing on them and what you are perceiving as empty space is light reflecting from the surface and the black areas aren't spikes but the shadow valleys between the high spots on the asteroids.

the black areas aren't spikes but the shadow valleys between the high spots on the asteroids.

Thx. Rendered yes, but still. We can't really expect ingame scenes from 3250, I guess. And this is Moxie Marlinspike - looking a little closer at it, could be a vessel, but none I know of:

Xc6nuyy.jpg

The concept art image was (re)posted in Brabens Charity Stream 'milestone content reveal' trailer from mid-December, right after the Scout scene from a few days ago. It shows - and AFAIK for the first time so far -, the colored version and the more or less complete Sun part as well. Hm. Possibly, there's a reason for that. Well, could be not. But then, remember the first Alien crash site?

O7,
[noob]

Last edited:
bah, rendered asteroid field.
i would love to see thargoids raid some haz-res sites from time to time.
imagine that medusa thargon swarm "flowing" around asteroids like limpets will NEVER do... :D

Oh. "Palin"-missions without "re-log" Tnx. [alien]
there is no reason to relog ever in the palin mission
you just scoop all mission related materials, then rise 2km, enter supercruise and leave it again right away - instance reseted you can fly back and scoop what was still missing. you dont even need an SRV, unless you do it in a python.

you just scoop all mission related materials, then rise 2km, enter supercruise and leave it again right away - instance reseted you can fly back and scoop what was still missing. you dont even need an SRV, unless you do it in a python.

What is SRV?

EnXegri.jpg

Last edited:
Well done guys!

kind of a shame that devs haven't added similar tool IN GAME...or at the very least SURFACE WAYPOINTS & markers....oh well
I guess humanity went thru a mandatory lobotomy in 3000s

Yes it is a beauty isn't it.
I sometimes think this game has achieved what modern day governments still only imagine in their dreams.
Conditioning people with mindless tasks to the point, where they start doing their superior's work on top of their own.

Last edited:
Yes it is a beauty isn't it.
I sometimes think this game has achieved what modern day governments still only imagine in their dreams.
Conditioning people with mindless tasks to the point, where they start doing their superior's work on top of their own.

Wake up!

:D

Well done guys!

kind of a shame that devs haven't added similar tool IN GAME...or at the very least SURFACE WAYPOINTS & markers....oh well
I guess humanity went thru a mandatory lobotomy in 3000s

Well, we did purposefully nerf our FSD's in the past due to mis-jump paranoia. We also allowed the Pilots Federation full control over every piece of information via software monopoly. It seems as though that software would be detrimental (to PF control) as it would aid the discovery of secret closets full of skeletons, amongst other things.

Long story short, mistakes were made...

Top Bottom