ANNOUNCEMENT Secrets of Dr. Wu Coming 20 November!

Bo Marit

Lead Community Manager
Frontier
Hello there,

This is Dr. Henry Wu speaking. I know you've been working hard across the islands to design and breed the most awe-inspiring and, sometimes, fear-inducing creatures. You've had success, I can tell, and I like your methods. So I'm here to ask for your assistance. I've got a very, very special project for you, should you choose to join me in my efforts. Think about it, but do know: the reward we will reap is... compelling, to say the least.

I look forward to hearing from you.

-HW

[video=youtube;mDcsE_sKMLQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDcsE_sKMLQ[/video]​

Jurassic World Evolution: Secrets of Dr. Wu is coming on 20 November, 2018! New missions, locations, and dinosaurs are waiting to be unlocked by you, and will offer a new and intriguing side to the story that you haven't experienced in the game before!

Dr. Wu is looking for associates with a track record in running a successful organisation and experience with the design of hybrid dinosaurs. Earn his trust, and you will embark on a business venture together which include all the features of this new content.

If you accept his mission, a new area will unlock on Isla Muerta, where Dr. Wu is working in secret to research and breed never-before-seen hybrid creatures... If you do well, you can unlock a host of new research options and upgrades. There's a lot more to the story, but we won't spoil the fun for you here!

3948yweiutaiefg%20984dsh.jpg

Aside from a whole new narrative for you to follow, there'll also be five new dinosaurs to provide additional challenges with their own behaviours and needs: the Troodon (which has a poison bite attack), the giant herbivore Olorotitan, and Dr. Wu's special hybrids: Ankylodocus, Stegoceratops, and Spinoraptor will all be making their appearance here. Be careful, some of them have sharp teeth...

There will be new genetic research items such as comfort genes, which will let you manipulate how tolerant dinosaurs are to their conditions beyond the expected traits, and, for the selected few Dr. Wu deems successful (or worthy...) enough, you can unlock the Indominus Rex camouflage gene; upon breeding an Indominus with this modification, it can camouflage when it exits its Creation Lab, hunts, panics, is idle, or is in a forest. Don't let this one out of your sight!

hgskdjghswuhgowseuhg98453bgf.jpg

Finally, there will be some new building upgrades like additional Incubation Speed increase or Speed Increase for the transport team, plus an Advanced Storm Defense station to provide better protection against rough weather conditions.

Do you think you have what it takes?

Secrets of Dr. Wu will launch alongside our recently announced free update 1.5 on 20 November, 2018. You can get it from Steam, PlayStation or Xbox Store (depending on which platform you play the base game on) for £12.99 ($14.99, €14.99*) - please note that it is completely optional for you to purchase, as update 1.5 (including Group Leaders, dynamic Day/Night Cycle, etc.) will launch for free for all players. Please note that if you do purchase Secrets of Dr. Wu, you'll need to own the base game in order to play.

We'll be doing a launch livestream on 20 November at 3PM UTC over on www.twitch.tv/frontierdevelopments, so we hope to see you there! In the meantime, you can check our November streaming schedule here and join us in the chat if you can!

[heart]
Bo

*Prices may vary according to platforms or region.

Rats, a bit disappointed with this DlC. Most people didn't want more hybrids and wanted to see more decor/bldgs/attractions. Oh well, there will always be other DLC's. :( At'least the free update got me really excited.

Dear Dr Henry Wu,

Just how many moles have you planted in the 3 Divisions under my supervision? You know, those too shy to admit they are the ones opening the enclosure gates, poisoning the dinosaurs, sabotaging the power stations, etc.

DId I just use the word "sabotage'? My my, someone has been very, very naughty.

Could you kindly point the way to those responsible? You wouldn't want your hybrids to spout an extra head or have 6 limbs, do we?

We are all in this together, right?

Yours sincerely,

Your Reliable Park Manager

Bo Marit

Lead Community Manager
Frontier
Dear Dr Henry Wu,

Just how many moles have you planted in the 3 Divisions under my supervision? You know, those too shy to admit they are the ones opening the enclosure gates, poisoning the dinosaurs, sabotaging the power stations, etc.

DId I just use the word "sabotage'? My my, someone has been very, very naughty.

Could you kindly point the way to those responsible? You wouldn't want your hybrids to spout an extra head or have 6 limbs, do we?

We are all in this together, right?

Yours sincerely,

Your Reliable Park Manager

Hahahaha can we hire you ;)??

Nice to see new contents always welcome! but a bit disappointed, no decorations, no different type of terrains and trees, no new skins for raptors, same tipe of enclosure over and over ( grassland - tree - no deep water) :(

Hmmm my initial hype has died down.

And though new content is always appreciated (and we don't know the full content of this DLC / update YET), I am afraid I'll have to voice out some discontent as well. We already have a lot of dinosaurs. Plus this post didn't mention anything new in regards to terrain tools, decorations, new buildings and enclosures. Heck there isn't even a bigger island. I assume that new area on Muerta isn't that big. And even if it is since it's a career island, so the sandbox settings won't apply here. Hm?

But we'll see in the following days. Like the Dev livestream.....I am still hopeful.

Alright, these are good stuffs! I will buy it! =D

I like the camouflage ability in particular. Please give more love to the Indominus!

Indominus Rex is about to become Indominus AXED.

Gotta find the containers to store all those little bits and pieces. You know, the parts that the new hybrid DIDN'T LIKE.

I think this is a cool update. People requested hybrid dinos. Other people want more realistic content and park building. So you can't please both crowds at once.

What about a few new plants and objects to customize parks? That's probably in the top 10 of most people's lists.

Last edited:
I can’t help but notice the two tyrannosaurus’ together? Is that going to be a thing? Does that mean I can finally have groups of Allosaurus? :p

Top Bottom