Secure Trade Facility - Pro/Con for having one?

As a trader, looking for ways to get the my FC to be profitable enough to cover upkeep. Any lessons learned / observations from operating a FC black market? Does buying illicit/stolen goods let you launder them, i.e, remove the ill-gotten tag so you can then as FC owner sell them on the open market?

Deleted member 182079

D
I'd be interested to know as well. I have it installed, but haven't used it so far - somehow I doubt that you can launder stolen goods, as cool as that would be - and if that's the case I should probably remove it again as that would be the only useful thing I can think of re how I would use it myself.

As a trader, looking for ways to get the my FC to be profitable enough to cover upkeep. Any lessons learned / observations from operating a FC black market? Does buying illicit/stolen goods let you launder them, i.e, remove the ill-gotten tag so you can then as FC owner sell them on the open market?
no, you can't "clear" the goods.
i have one installed. 1. because certain goods can only or almost only come as stolen (Hafnium for exampel). 2. because stolen goods are great for BGS-manipulation.

i could see it as a great thing if you are running a pirate wing.

also you can sell stolen commodities again - which is one of the few places to buy stolen commodities in game.

One of the main problems is for running one to make it usefull for exampel for salvage (stolen-) commodities i would love to buy, i would have to set up at least a purchase order of 30-40 tons for stolen mineral extractors AND ALL OTHER COMMODITIES .... so I'd have to dedicate ~6000 tons for potential stolen goods. for the rare case somebody stumbles on mineral extractors during salvage, and not domestic appliances.

Deleted member 182079

D
Storing stolen goods. If you’re pirating NPCs or players for diamonds you can store all your items in it. Is it worth it though? I’m not so sure but I certainly think it could be.
I do remember now why I installed it, lol.

A few days ago I did notice that NPCs in RES's do now carry more commodities that are in line with the type of ring the RES is in (as outlined in the patch notes) - the first Adder I scanned had several tons of LTDs.

It's probably not really worth having it installed purely from a 'financial' viewpoint given the costs involved, but handy from a gameplay loop perspective.

Thanks. Two things stood out; storing stolen/illegal commodities collected from combat action can be stored in your "secure trade" facility until you are ready to smuggle them into as station with a black market where you can sell them and make some crs. I've only used the black market to gain access to engineer, once I found out not all stations had one and had to pay a hefty fine where I was allied with the controlling faction. I do like the idea of being able to have a serious bgs impact on occasion. Jury still out on whether or not I'll get one, but more likely than not once I am showing a profit with the facilities I already have. Upkeep is still only 10m per cycle and I can make that with one trade run so FC upkeep does not appear to be an issue, just a nuisance. @ObiW thanks for the NPC observation, moved the needle to more likely than not category - I bounty hunt with a Corvette just to relax and collect mats. o7 all for the help.

Thanks. Two things stood out; storing stolen/illegal commodities collected from combat action can be stored in your "secure trade" facility until you are ready to smuggle them into as station with a black market where you can sell them and make some crs.

You can just store them through the “Transfer” interface on your ship.

Update. I added a secure warehouse to my fleet carrier. It’s absolutely worth it for piracy. If your pirating people at the icebox you can store all your cargo without risk of losing it. If you’re pirating NPCs, you can warehouse everything and carrier jump to the system with the highest black market price. 2 stolen ltd takes care of upkeep (I have over 600 onboard now).

Deleted member 182079

D
Update. I added a secure warehouse to my fleet carrier. It’s absolutely worth it for piracy. If your pirating people at the icebox you can store all your cargo without risk of losing it. If you’re pirating NPCs, you can warehouse everything and carrier jump to the system with the highest black market price. 2 stolen ltd takes care of upkeep (I have over 600 onboard now).
Cool, that's good to know. Will keep mine installed if NPC piracy strikes my fancy. I usually do it in a Cobra so selling isn't usually worth it given the low quantities involved, but nice to be able to stack them up.

@Threeofseven thanks, seals the deal. Might even add the shipyard so I can operate a pirate ship and clean it via destruction/purchase a new one.
Thanks for all the superb responses 🏵.
Now if I can just break-away from power play long enough to do something entirely new. Good thing I'm retired.
o7 Cmdrs, fly fast and above all be dangerous.

Really, when I discovered they don't "ring" your stolen goods (equivalent to laundering money) I lost all interest in them. Were they a facility where stolen goods could get sold at black market prices and effectively "laundered" for a fee of 15%-25% of their market value, like clearing your name or wanted ships/modules at an interstellar factor has a penalty, I'd be all for them. But without that, Nah!

Still have to check if it's true, but with the fix for selling mission cargo to the piracy module it is now a nice storage area for liberated goods. No need to hope for a good bulk cargo mission daily, just fill up and slowly sell it to the black market to fill the trade bucket in Anarchy systems.

So just to confirm. My FC has no secure storage facility. If I have 500t of LTD in my private storage, that has been legally mined. I then obtain say 400t of stolen LTD. I put them in my FC private storage.
  1. Is that possible?
  2. Do they show as separate items, LTD and LTD (stolen)?
I use my FC as a storage locker. When the price was good I would pull the LTD (stolen) out and sell to a station black market.

Here's a related but offtopic question.. can you clear bounties from the redemption office in carriers? This would be a great convenience for doing bounty generating missions from medium and high sec systems.

So just to confirm. My FC has no secure storage facility. If I have 500t of LTD in my private storage, that has been legally mined. I then obtain say 400t of stolen LTD. I put them in my FC private storage.
  1. Is that possible?
  2. Do they show as separate items, LTD and LTD (stolen)?
I use my FC as a storage locker. When the price was good I would pull the LTD (stolen) out and sell to a station black market.

1. I think you need the secure storage to store any stolen goods
2. yes they show up separately

Here's a related but offtopic question.. can you clear bounties from the redemption office in carriers? This would be a great convenience for doing bounty generating missions from medium and high sec systems.

No, or I didn't find yet the right button to click. You can redeem everything, but not pay off anything.

No, or I didn't find yet the right button to click. You can redeem everything, but not pay off anything.
Can confirm; have not been able to clear a bounty or fine, but still nice to be able to collect bounties, especially when working BGS influence efforts for a specific faction, then dropping into my FC and collecting the Crs generated by KWS.

Have not done it yet; I normally do not BH in a system I plan on docking - force of habit - stray shot syndrome; once I winged a guy and criminal killed him - instant wanted and station did not like me much. Have not heard, if my FC security will attack me if I'm wanted, so I just don't fight where I live; and I never try docking if I see I'm wanted in that system.

You don't need a secure warehouse to store stolen goods on your own carrier.

There are only two reasons to have one;
-You're buying or selling stolen goods with other players.
-You're stiffing your fighter pilots by purchasing cargo from your carrier for more than a station's buy price.

Otherwise you're just wasting credits on upkeep, as well as tritium for the capacity of the service itself.

Top Bottom