Newcomer / Intro Seek & destroy mission - a question

Hello,

I have selected the mission to seek and destroy several ships from a given faction. The mission briefing says: "Find your targets in conflict zones of the system". Ok I'm in the system, but there are more than 10 conflict zones! Do I have to fly to each one to find my targets or is there any way to know which zone I should fly to? I chose one high intensity conflict zone and flew there. The zone description showed that faction X fights with faction Y there. If X and Y are NOT the names of the faction from my mission, does it always mean that I won't find my targets there?
Any hints will be appreciated.
Thanks!

Hello,

I have selected the mission to seek and destroy several ships from a given faction. The mission briefing says: "Find your targets in conflict zones of the system". Ok I'm in the system, but there are more than 10 conflict zones! Do I have to fly to each one to find my targets or is there any way to know which zone I should fly to? I chose one high intensity conflict zone and flew there. The zone description showed that faction X fights with faction Y there. If X and Y are NOT the names of the faction from my mission, does it always mean that I won't find my targets there?
Any hints will be appreciated.
Thanks!
There may be several wars active in the same system, just gotta keep checking until you find the correct faction. (y)

If you can target a CZ, it should show which factions are fighting in there. Haven't tried it yet, but you might try to fire up the FSS - if the CZs show up as "Signal Sources", then you can scan them from across the system.

Scan the nav beacon (or use the FSS) to locate all of the CZs in the system. Then just open your nav panel (left HUD) and cycle through them. The factions fighting in each will be listed in your upper right HUD. You don't need to travel to each to determine who is fighting. Also keep an eye out for blue highlighted objects in your nav panel, as these are mission objectives.

Remember when you do find the right CZ you will need to accept the invitation from the other faction before you start shooting your targets and as always when in a CZ be prepared for ships to be tougher and plot an escape route before you get into trouble.

Top Bottom