Seems the Gnosis latest jump has gone so well....

So a whole system causes a CTD if you go there? And they jumped a huge ship with tons of players in it there?

half of me wants to weep, the other half is laughing its off

So a whole system causes a CTD if you go there? And they jumped a huge ship with tons of players in it there?

half of me wants to weep, the other half is laughing its off

It's a trap!

...he said, upon finding that restarting his computer didn't fix it :(

Steve Kirby

Lead Games Designer, Frontier Developments
Frontier
Hi folks,

We are looking into what the issue is and will keep you updated once we know more.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Steve K

I stored a lot of experimental modules on the Gnosis before it jumped. I'm sorry if they went haywire and destroyed the ship.

Steve Kirby

Lead Games Designer, Frontier Developments
Frontier
The issue with the Gnosis and HIP 18778 is now fixed.

Pilots traveling there or those that moved with the Gnosis should not longer get CTD issues.

Thanks

Steve K

What is Gnosis?

(reading the thread it appears it a moving spacestation but when did this happen and why have I never heard of it before?)

What is Gnosis?

(reading the thread it appears it a moving spacestation but when did this happen and why have I never heard of it before?)

When megaships were added to the game FD stated that they came with the potential to be moved, taking any ships that were docked in station at the time to the new destination with it. In fact this is nothing new, Jaques Stations also had this capability prior to its jump to Colonia.

The first megaship to jump was the Canonn Research ship "The Gnosis". In fact there are currently (at time of writing) three known megaships which have a jump itinerary.

https://canonn.science/codex/megaship-flight-operations/

The issue with the Gnosis and HIP 18778 is now fixed.

Pilots traveling there or those that moved with the Gnosis should not longer get CTD issues.

Thanks

Steve K

Well, I just crashed trying to jump there. After starting the game up again I successfully loaded into HIP 18778 though. So that's an improvement, I guess.
Edit: I did end up 45k ls away from the main star. Is this by intent or?
Edit2: Jumped back out and in again and this time ended up at the main star as it should. Guess everything is back to normal now.

Last edited:
I stored a lot of experimental modules on the Gnosis before it jumped. I'm sorry if they went haywire and destroyed the ship.

I also stored a couple of modules - an experimental scanner and a corrosive resistant cargo rack - on the Gnosis.

I wonder if we broke it. :eek:

Top Bottom