Greetings Commanders! (and hopefully at least one developer - fingers crossed)

I absolutely rely on Select Highest Threat when in group fights in HazRezes or HiCons. I love it so much, and that's why I think it could be improved. Very simple things:

1. Stop selecting dumbfire missiles. I don't need to know. Maybe this has something to do with point defence, but I thought that was automatic, so I really don't see the point. Stop.

2. Once a target is at 0% hull, take them out of the list. I will reflexively press SHT as soon as I see my current target is about to blow up, but it just keeps selecting that same target. Stop.

3. Include wingmen/Ship launched fighter in the priority list. If I'm not being directly threatened, but my ally is, then I want SHT to target whoever is the biggest threat to them. It's probably usually someone that they aren't shooting at since they're busy with someone else.

I agree on the dumbfires, and on the 0% hull (ie once they are going to die and you don't need to keep firing on them). The highest threat should be a dynamic selection that allows the player to take on multiple opponents by choosing to stick with the currently selected target or switch to what has now become a higher threat.

On the missiles (and mines) in particular, while I can logically see why they were added to the priority list, in practice I have never felt the need to target a missile or mine where I had enough time to do something about it. If anything, I would want to target the ship that fired it. Maybe torpedoes would be an exception, I've never knowingly had to dodge one.

Top Bottom