Selene Jean (help)

Since you just want to mine 500t of anything, though, you can skip using a Prospector entirely if you want to, or only use them on 'roids that drop Painite.

I have a squadmate who has PAINite in his hold atm (he says bounty hunting is easier when he's carrying it)

so all I need is to refine the 500t (497 to be exact as I tried mining once and gave up bounty hunting is where I make my money)

You don't strictly need it, but an A-rated prospector limpet will double the fragments per rock, which makes your collector limpets more efficient, and increases the chances that you can refine 500t in a single trip.

It changes the yield amount??? Really? Hmmm I may just bring one then...

And then my dumba.ss launches without any Limpets

I got the controllers and forgot the da.mn Limpets lol

Is there a "jettison all" button?
Yes. As the first thing players are recommended to do is make sure it's not bound to anything so they never accidentally press it, you'll probably need to go back and bind it.

Note that it will also dump your remaining limpets, so you probably don't want to use it.

Does size matter or just that it's A.... Like 1A?
Larger controllers let you have more prospector limpets active at once, but if you're just going to mine every asteroid you see anyway then a 1A is fine.

Do I need the prospector? (Just for unlocking selene as I could care less about selling)
Yes, you wont know what the roid contains without it( you do need Panite). You may also want some collectors to speed up the process. In the annie you will probably need two trips to complete it, as some of your cargo hold will need limpets for your prospector/collectors.

Surface mining all the way. It's the fastest way to rack up the 500T refined. Just point, shoot and let loose the limpets.

Build a ship like mine below. Guns and SLF are optional (they have saved me from the odd Sidewinder sniffing around).

Fill up with limpets, find a Pristine Metallic ringed planet, fire up YouTube and start scraping.

Took me about 3 evenings to unlock her.

Last edited:
You can get approximately 225 million an hour mining painite in a double hotspot. The best you can get from RES farming using Power play bonus is about 7 mil per hour. That can be increased by adding kill pirate missions, but won't get anywhere near painite mining. A double hotspot yields about 300 tons an hour on average, worth about 700Kcr per ton.

Surface mining all the way. It's the fastest way to rack up the 500T refined. Just point, shoot and let loose the limpets.

Build a ship like mine below. Guns and SLF are optional (they have saved me from the odd Sidewinder sniffing around).

Fill up with limpets, find a Pristine Metallic ringed planet, fire up YouTube and start scraping.

Took me about 3 evenings to unlock her.

Pack hounds on a type 9 is just silly. You're lucky if you even get a target lock...

Pack hounds on a type 9 is just silly. You're lucky if you even get a target lock...
Grade A Sensors, D Sized G3 DirtyDrags, SLF attack and FA off can work wonders with the fat lady. Every pirate so far has regretted his foolishness. And I kept right on mining.

DeletedUser191218

D
In 3 years, I've mined a grand total of 3t of ore.

What's the fastest and most effective way to unlock Selene Jean?

Cf "reduce the grind" thread - specifically those suggesting there's no engineering grind. 3 years of "just play the game" hasn't even unlocked the engineer.....

Top Bottom