Selling baby animals

why can't we sell baby animals? this is ridiculous. I don't want to care at them. please add an option to sell baby animals.
I was so caught up in the game that when I looked at the cage of the ring-tailed lemurs, there were 30 of them, and 20 of them were babies, I can't sell them and they cause a lot of trouble.

Because you can not sell babies that are dependend on their mother in real life. I agree it doesn't make much sense with a lot of reptiles, but with Lemurs it definately does. Making sure no species is overbred and causes trouble is part of the management of Planet Zoo and is easily done by using contraceptive - which makes it even easier than it is in RL.

If there are too many of them and if you're playing in Franchise-Mode, you can send them to another one of your Zoos even though they are just juveniles.

I agree that it doesn't make much Sense to sell Babys of Mammals and Birds but it would be realistic to be able to sell juvenile Reptiles.

You could always try using the contraceptive option on animals that is there for players to use when they do not want babies.

edit: just seen someone above already mentioned it.

In my opinion there should be an other life stage: "teenager". In this time the animal wouldn't be able to breed but look almost like an adult.
In this case, I also want to tell that there should definitely be the "newborn" stage, where the newborn monkeys and apes would stay the whole time hanging on their mothers and the carnivores would be in a cave or so for a short time.

In my opinion there should be an other life stage: "teenager". In this time the animal wouldn't be able to breed but look almost like an adult.
In this case, I also want to tell that there should definitely be the "newborn" stage, where the newborn monkeys and apes would stay the whole time hanging on their mothers and the carnivores would be in a cave or so for a short time.
I would absolutely love this. But I think if it will be someday in the Game, it would need a lot of Time because we would need new Models, special Behavior and new Animations (for Example Animations for very young Apes riding their Mothers Back and getting carried around)
Nursing-Animations for every Mammal would also be great

Because you can not sell babies that are dependend on their mother in real life. I agree it doesn't make much sense with a lot of reptiles, but with Lemurs it definately does. Making sure no species is overbred and causes trouble is part of the management of Planet Zoo and is easily done by using contraceptive - which makes it even easier than it is in RL.
I think it has nothing to do with it. in real life zoos sell baby animals. who said he didn't sell? I have no idea about this, but there are certainly zoos that sell puppies to another zoo.
In the game they allow us to sell the mothers of baby animals. the same thing in both, what does it matter to sell the baby or sell the mother.

I think it has nothing to do with it. in real life zoos sell baby animals. who said he didn't sell? I have no idea about this, but there are certainly zoos that sell puppies to another zoo.
In the game they allow us to sell the mothers of baby animals. the same thing in both, what does it matter to sell the baby or sell the mother.
Then it's a problem with the game that we can sell the mother and not that we can't sell babys. Mammals are dependent on their mother and mothermilk. No reputational zoo will sell babys that are still dependent on their mother. And the juvenile life stage currently in game is - in fact - the baby stage. Zoos give offspring to other zoos when they are no babies anymore.

I guess what you mean now I understand. I agree. a lack of this game.
animals move from baby directly to an adult animal stage. actually, there has to be another stage, like a "young animal". Growth stage of animals in the game is very simple, for today's conditions. I would expect it to be at least 4 phases;
baby, young Animal, adult animal, elder animal.
When we think like this, it is true that baby animals are not sold.

Adding more life stages wouldn't change a problem with overpopulation though. It would just add physical difference and in my opinion there are bigger tasks at hand concerning making the game more alive. In most animals there isn't even an extreme physical difference between a freshly matured animal and one that is older. And we have kind of a gradually aging already, if you look closely.

Again, population management is part of the management. This is, in the end, a zoo management game and this is something a zoo has to deal with. If it bothers you to play close attention to this, I'd suggest to play sandbox and turn weĺlfare of. You can still have babies but overpopulation wouldn't matter.

As in franchise the overpopulation is also needed because otherwise people would create even more puppymills to get CC. And we could kiss balance good bye for good.

Adding more life stages wouldn't change a problem with overpopulation though. It would just add physical difference and in my opinion there are bigger tasks at hand concerning making the game more alive. In most animals there isn't even an extreme physical difference between a freshly matured animal and one that is older. And we have kind of a gradually aging already, if you look closely.

Again, population management is part of the management. This is, in the end, a zoo management game and this is something a zoo has to deal with. If it bothers you to play close attention to this, I'd suggest to play sandbox and turn weĺlfare of. You can still have babies but overpopulation wouldn't matter.

As in franchise the overpopulation is also needed because otherwise people would create even more puppymills to get CC. And we could kiss balance good bye for good.
Well you are right. I couldn't manage my zoo correctly. 😜
It's not the game's fault you have so many lemurs. Use anti-conceptives.
That way there's nothing to sell.
I was planning to use that feature, but I forgot while dealing with other things in my zoo and they multiplied very quickly. :)

• Like (+1)
Reactions: LN
Top Bottom