Engineers Sensor Fragments for Professor Palin

Hi Folks :)

I'm in a bit of a quandary here, I've looked at some of the guides in links on this forum about obtaining these materials but as yet I haven't been successful. [knocked out]

One of the guides states I must look for unknown signals with the title of 'Anomaly Detected, threat 4' in the system of Hip 14479'
Okay, so I'm in the system and all I can see are 'Non Human Emissions' of varying threat levels. When I enter any of these I get plastered by Thargoids pretty damn quick!
So the question is, should I still look for the Anomaly Detected title (I haven't seen any yet), or is it now been changed to 'Non Human threat 4'?
Any help or advice most welcome. :)

Jack :)

Go here:
-HIP 17403 A 4 A, LAT -34.98, LONG -141.41
Some are already fragments. Some are 'Alien Sensors". Do not scoop Canisters of sensors! Shoot the canisters. They then break up into a few sensor fragments.
I logged out and back in maybe 2x and got all 25 in less than 5 minutes. I just did this 2 days ago. Frankly the easiest material for unlock I've had in a long time.

Last edited:
Just wanted to add my tanks for the tips provided here.
I'd left Palin for ages as I'd no idea how to get the fragments, but now it's done. It was a real pain trying to find the planetary coordinates having never done that before, but once I found the crash site, I got 39 fragments in one go! :)

Hi folks :)

I've been on holiday for a week so I haven't been able to reply to my topic.
Thank you all for the information, I now have access to Professor Palin! [big grin]....cheers!

Jack :)

To extend the location code even more... its LAT -34.9824, LONG -141.4115 to find an actual objects to shoot at... And turn the lights fully on as its normaly very dark at the location... and use EXTERNAL View... so you don't drive past objects...

To extend the location code even more... its LAT -34.9824, LONG -141.4115 to find an actual objects to shoot at... And turn the lights fully on as its normaly very dark at the location... and use EXTERNAL View... so you don't drive past objects...
Thx!!! I've found the wreck and the fragments. :)

Yes, but where to land?!? I found the crash site... got scanned... very weird... then clicking alien noises... almost scary! :eek: BUT no place to land! I'm still searching... once I find a suitable landing site I'll post the coords here.

Been a while since I did this but I know I took an ASPx and I do recall parking a bit far away as flat landing was not plentiful. I'd not take a large ship there for this reason.

I ended up parking below the site. Very steep climb up. When I recalled the ship it parked above the site fairly close. Unfortunately I forgot to save the coordinates ☹️ But park above the site not below! Not sure about picking up canisters... I accidentally picked one up; a message about corrosive alien stuff popped up but I couldn’t seem to drop it, took 33 back to Palin without any problems at all. I took the AspX too.

Last edited:
What did you shoot at to get the fragments? There are 3 alien probes but shooting them with the srv cannon does nothing. Are these "canisters" something else?

When you target them what does it say they are? Should say “Sensor canister” (or similar). When you shoot them look on the left of the panel & you should see a percentage left. Once it gets down to a few percent only shoot 1 bullet at a time or they disintegrate. They don’t look like the regular human type canister. They have a round top, small bottom & glow kinda silvery.

Last edited:
Top Bottom