Sent to jail 270ly away even though i died?

well, op is fine with death, so i don't think he's not accepting the consequences of his own actions. he just isn't tuned yet into frontier's specific framework of actions and consequences. you know, that funny place where pad loitering has far worse consequences than executing a peaceful trader. granted, not unlike real life, where you can be punished far more severely for, say, downloading a movie infringing copyright than for hitting someone in the face. you know this peculiar system pretty well, so you have wrapped your mind around it ... and forgotten that you have, so it just makes sense to you.

he doesn't understand the need to teleport him (impressive narrative, btw) 270ly just because, and i don't either. actually, there's no explanation except the devs somehow thought that would be oh-wow-so-cool, and turns out it isn't. i would love it were, but there's no gameplay associated. no specific experience. you can't liberate prisoneers. you can't bribe your way out or escape. not even the setting changes, it's just a commonplace megaship or station and the interface is ... your friendly rebuy screen. what's the point, if not just trolling players, fake content?

arguments? i don't think this is something you can really argue about? gods decide, and it either works or it doesn't. it doesn't for me. the whole crime system is a convoluted mess that completely fails the purpose, which is to provide fun and interesting gameplay around crime.

Err, you can't argue he is accepting the consequences and then immediately explain why you feel he rightfully doesn't accept the consequence of being teleported away. :unsure:Beyond that (and I dont know if you are willfully ignoring this) this is an outlier situation. Normally prison centers are much closer, but OP intentionally went to a very remote system. You could argue it would be better to place a prison center near that region too. But you can't argue there is 'no reason'. If you're busted in GTA you go to the police station. When you're killed you go to the hospital. When it happens when you are very far from either, you are transported very far. Because it is a simple rule. "Going to spot x when y' is a very common and simple rule in gaming, and 'when you are far from x when y you are moved far' isn't excessively difficult to grasp.

Like it, don't like it, that is just preference. But the 'OMG so convoluted and difficult to understand' is a bit weak, from my perspective. Or I am incredibly intelligent, that is also possible...

i was joking (actually not with the telepresence, but that's tangential).

if you find the system is fine then ok for me, enjoy it. i have no problem with it, as with so many stupid game decisions that, fortunately, do not manage to spoil my game. food for thought: how many posts like op, of people completely puzzled about how the crime system works, have you seen? should tell you something about the design, and irrationality.

but we have been there too many times, right?
They get puzzled because they sometimes don't even know what they were doing, ended up committing crimes and got busted by space police then thrown into some distant world that they won't even be able to get out of. And instead of trying to figure out what is going on via Google (or even YouTube has plenty of videos about all kinds of stuff for ED), they came to the forum with such complain.

Doing a megaship mission with stock ship alone is bad enough.

Err, you can't argue he is accepting the consequences and then immediately explain why you feel he rightfully doesn't accept the consequence of being teleported away. :unsure:

there is an implied questioning that the consequence doesn't make much sense. that's of course subjective.

Beyond that (and I dont know if you are willfully ignoring this) this is an outlier situation. Normally prison centers are much closer, but OP intentionally went to a very remote system.

how would he know?

You could argue it would be better to place a prison center near that region too. But you can't argue there is 'no reason'. If you're busted in GTA you go to the police station. When you're killed you go to the hospital. When it happens when you are very far from either, you are transported very far. Because it is a simple rule. "Going to spot x when y' is a very common and simple rule in gaming, and 'when you are far from x when y you are moved far' isn't excessively difficult to grasp.

i get the connection ;)
but it seems to me you're missing 720ly. because it's an edge case and the player should know better. ok, imo the problem wouldn't exist in the first place without introducing these new facilities with no other purpose than as a crutch for this mechanic. of course if you introduce such elements you should make sure they are conveniently distributed and player have enough clues how they work.

anyway, yeah, i grant you that it does make some sense.

Like it, don't like it, that is just preference. But the 'OMG so convoluted and difficult to understand' is a bit weak, from my perspective. Or I am incredibly intelligent, that is also possible...

i'm actually having some difficulties with the whole system, but please don't tell anybody!

Top Bottom