Sent to jail 270ly away even though i died?

Title says it all, did a disable mega ship mission in a basic Viper mk 3 got immediately nuked to hell by the system defence forces, The part comes in why am i being sent to jail when ive just been blown up? and if thats not bad enough im being sent 270ly away (so far that i cant even actually plot a route back to the system i was in). Seriously devs Fix this crime system if ive been killed send me back to the last station ive spawned at, or at least close to the system i was in, not some random ass prision 270ly away.

Ok you guys missing my point of, IDC that much that i was arrest (still bogus cause they straight up kill you but meh i can live with it), The problem i have is being sent 270ly to some remote system which is total bogus especially for those of us who are newer to the game and dont have some super kitted our explorer Conda, literally to get back there even if i could plot a course would easily be 60+ jumps which is ridiculous for a bounty that was 200 Credits

Last edited:
So, you're saying your jump range is 4.5 LY? It's a space ship, don't build one that can't space. Do they sell Sideys at the prison? I've been told they do but I don't know myself.

Given your graphic you were in Robigo space attacking with a Viper Mk III? Those who go there do passenger missions to Sothis Atmospherics and back with a dedicated ship. Dialing it in after figuring out "the game" they can make millions of credits (stay there for awhile and make billions) and max out several grade 5/4 materials. If you went there in a Viper and took on opposing forces and lost then of course the detention center is very far away. That is not a game design fault. That is more about a player not using the right ship in the right place.

In reality I would go with never bring a knife to a gun fight but no player ever gives us all the details or a video we can see to help them out. Pride is often involved. Given the llimited info if combat is your desire then stay in the bubble so when you lose one has much better opportunities to correct mistakes at a lower cost and a short jump range to get back into whatever fight they were enjoying. Did you remember to upgrade your FSD and even the lowest class fuel scoop to get to a local Interstellar Factor you already pinned just in case? A thousand previous posts on the Forum doing combat cried a lot about this.

Regards

Last edited:
Ok you guys missing my point of,

there is simply no excuse for this mechanic, but they have gotten used to it and expect you to 'somehow' know about, irrational as it is. the light mocking tone i guess is a self-affirmation thing.

but yeah, it's what it is, take it or leave it.

You never "technically" die. You are alive in a survival suit with a beacon that gets you picked up and returned to active duty. You still have your reputation, fines and any warrants to contend with. - Last known docking location -

It's your own fault taking on missions you're not capable of... I've never accepted any of those megaship missions because I know they're very hard to complete. (Even if I have one "somewhat tanky" Krait MkII.)
Blowing up megaship turrets with a stock Viper then blame the game? That's very naive.

Yeh, C+P is a bit of a mess.
I don't have an issue with it, I've been playing a while.

But if I was new...
I'd be confused and salty. :(

Why do you have to get back to Robigo anyways? Did you leave the stove on :D?

Maybe now that you ended up in the pleiades, you could visit places like Obsidian Orbital and look for some aliens instead :D?

You didn't die, you were arrested after using the escape pod. You then get deported to the nearest prison. If this wasn't the nearest applicable prison it's a bug, if it was then it ain't. If you ride your bicycle to some remote place where you commit crime and are busted, they'll haul your butt to wherever they have a prison too.

If you don't like it, either don't ride a bicycle, don't do crime, don't get arrested or commit crime closer to a prison.

there is simply no excuse for this mechanic, but they have gotten used to it and expect you to 'somehow' know about, irrational as it is. the light mocking tone i guess is a self-affirmation thing.

but yeah, it's what it is, take it or leave it.

I honestly dont see the issue here. Where should he have been imprisoned instead?

I honestly dont see the issue here. Where should he have been imprisoned instead?

he was not imprisoned. he was teleported to a remote rebuy screen because telepresence would spoil his immersion ...

the issue is actually further up in the chain.

he was not imprisoned. he was teleported to a remote rebuy screen because telepresence would spoil his immersion ...

the issue is actually further up in the chain.

I am not sure I follow? If you are blown up when actively wanted you are arrested and brought to the nearest prison/police station. If you were not wanted, or they didn't know, you respawn in a local station. If there is no local station it is either a nearby station, or latest docked IIRC. I am not sure how telepresence or immersion fits in?

I am not sure I follow? If you are blown up when actively wanted you are arrested and brought to the nearest prison/police station. If you were not wanted, or they didn't know, you respawn in a local station. If there is no local station it is either a nearby station, or latest docked IIRC. I am not sure how telepresence or immersion fits in?

i was joking (actually not with the telepresence, but that's tangential).

if you find the system is fine then ok for me, enjoy it. i have no problem with it, as with so many stupid game decisions that, fortunately, do not manage to spoil my game. food for thought: how many posts like op, of people completely puzzled about how the crime system works, have you seen? should tell you something about the design, and irrationality.

but we have been there too many times, right?

food for thought: how many posts like op, of people completely puzzled about how the crime system works, have you seen? should tell you something about the design, and irrationality.

Lots of people get confused easily ;)

The crime thing makes sense (in hindsight) - your escape pod is scanned, the bounties are found, you are sent to prison rather than the nearest station. It doesn't make sense any sense if you think of it as 'I died, and was sent to prison'.

If fdev spent a little time explaining what was happening then there would be less posts about it - but OTOH who reads those types of messages when you just got 'killed'. Even the Pilot's Handbook they added in-game is very vague about what happens, which is a tad bizarre.

i was joking (actually not with the telepresence, but that's tangential).

if you find the system is fine then ok for me, enjoy it. i have no problem with it, as with so many stupid game decisions that, fortunately, do not manage to spoil my game. food for thought: how many posts like op, of people completely puzzled about how the crime system works, have you seen? should tell you something about the design, and irrationality.

Honestly, if 'onlinebpeople being puzzled' and 'online people not liking the consequences of their own actions' was relevant the world would be quite a different place.

Anything more complex than a noodle will puzzle some people, and people have complained about the daftest 'issues'. I am interested in the arguments used, not much else. :)

Honestly, if 'onlinebpeople being puzzled' and 'online people not liking the consequences of their own actions' was relevant the world would be quite a different place.

Anything more complex than a noodle will puzzle some people, and people have complained about the daftest 'issues'. I am interested in the arguments used, not much else. :)

well, op is fine with death, so i don't think he's not accepting the consequences of his own actions. he just isn't tuned yet into frontier's specific framework of actions and consequences. you know, that funny place where pad loitering has far worse consequences than executing a peaceful trader. granted, not unlike real life, where you can be punished far more severely for, say, downloading a movie infringing copyright than for hitting someone in the face. you know this peculiar system pretty well, so you have wrapped your mind around it ... and forgotten that you have, so it just makes sense to you.

he doesn't understand the need to teleport him (impressive narrative, btw) 270ly just because, and i don't either. actually, there's no explanation except the devs somehow thought that would be oh-wow-so-cool, and turns out it isn't. i would love it were, but there's no gameplay associated. no specific experience. you can't liberate prisoneers. you can't bribe your way out or escape. not even the setting changes, it's just a commonplace megaship or station and the interface is ... your friendly rebuy screen. what's the point, if not just trolling players, fake content?

arguments? i don't think this is something you can really argue about? gods decide, and it either works or it doesn't. it doesn't for me. the whole crime system is a convoluted mess that completely fails the purpose, which is to provide fun and interesting gameplay around crime.

Last edited:
Top Bottom