SEPP - Social Eleu Progressive Party

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I am about 9Kylies from the bubble on my return trip. I will go to Santjalan and sell my data there unless there is a better option you can think of. Should be there in about 8 days.
Once I have sold my data I will go to Jameson and get a shiny Condie and then return and help out where I can so you can signe me up as a fully fledged member.

Last edited:
I notice a few things in the 1.4 changelog that affect changing influence levels and changes between states for factions in the background simulation. Do you think these will make it easier or harder to expand SEPP into surrounding systems? Now the CG is over and my other goals for 1.3 are done I was going to spend the last days of 1.3 UA hunting but I don't mind heading over and helping out with trading and missions.
(I'm not formally signing up but I like the idea and am happy to help out occasionally - I have other long-term plans for CMDR Edelgard von Rhein!)

A few questions:

1. How is the market when it comes to the mainstay of modules and ships?

2. Are there High-Intensity RES sites in the general area?

Seeing how I've been searching for a purpose in Elite for some time, and I'm just now getting started in some serious exploring, this group interests me. Perhaps I'll spend the week planning and eventually join you come this next weekend.

Until then, godspeed CMDRs.

1 - SANTJALAN is a High Tech system. Its main station, Cantor Terminal, has a good shipyard for acquiring ships and modules. Not ALL is available, but I can find there the things I need 90% of the time. For the remainder 10%, I normally fly off and above to 32 MU SERPENTIS, 77ly away -just because I think that system is sooo cool- but UNA is also very handy and way closer, 25 ly away.

As per the price reduction, I can't really tell. I am not too much of a shopper, use the same ship for everything and not change modules much, hence I might not be the best source for comparison.

2 - The recently added system of ALOWIS has RES!!! But is also only an outpost so if you bring your Anaconda, you'll need to jump back to either ELEU or SANTJALAN for repair and ammo. Or, just bring your Python or smaller ship.

I notice a few things in the 1.4 changelog that affect changing influence levels and changes between states for factions in the background simulation. Do you think these will make it easier or harder to expand SEPP into surrounding systems? Now the CG is over and my other goals for 1.3 are done I was going to spend the last days of 1.3 UA hunting but I don't mind heading over and helping out with trading and missions.
(I'm not formally signing up but I like the idea and am happy to help out occasionally - I have other long-term plans for CMDR Edelgard von Rhein!)

TBH I don't know what to expect with the changes. As it is, is already very challenging to affect the BGS. And not so sure is working as intended in every case. e.g. For the first expansion from ELEU to SANTJALAN and the take over of both systems, took me about 3 weeks or so of grinding missions. This time around, its been at least 2 of us with some flashy help, and two weeks later we havent been able to even flip ELEU!

The only thing we can do is to keep at it and do not decay!

Michael Brookes just said the cooldown on statuses will be shorter, thus allowing for more rapid changes within a system, however a given power will only be able to be in one Conflict at a time regardless of how many systems they expand to. It will be quicker to gain/lose a single system, but the maximum rate of controlled expansion will be capped by the conflict cooldown period.

One major problem I foresee here is that a small but sustained resistance in one system could prevent a power from taking over new systems they've expanded into. Not sure if this impacts peaceful transition via elections or if the power shares a common expansion cooldown as well as a common conflict cooldown.

1 - SANTJALAN is a High Tech system. Its main station, Cantor Terminal, has a good shipyard for acquiring ships and modules. Not ALL is available, but I can find there the things I need 90% of the time. For the remainder 10%, I normally fly off and above to 32 MU SERPENTIS, 77ly away -just because I think that system is sooo cool- but UNA is also very handy and way closer, 25 ly away.

As per the price reduction, I can't really tell. I am not too much of a shopper, use the same ship for everything and not change modules much, hence I might not be the best source for comparison.

2 - The recently added system of ALOWIS has RES!!! But is also only an outpost so if you bring your Anaconda, you'll need to jump back to either ELEU or SANTJALAN for repair and ammo. Or, just bring your Python or smaller ship.
Thanks for the info. Before your reply, I actually made the decision to go anyway. As of this moment, my ASP, ready for hardcore exploration, is parked, and I got a hold of a fairly viable Viper as replacement for my old Vulture.

As such, I've started running missions for SEPP as detailed on the first page.

Looking forward to joint ops, Commanders.

Well, I spent a day and a half running SEPP missions around the area, and saw a few other commanders around. The only one that stayed around long enough for me to scan for a name was Turambar in his Anaconda. Bumped into a couple of T6s and a couple of Cobras, but they seemed not to want to hang around long enough for me to see who they were.

I was mostly wandering around in a Vulture or a Courier, and you can rest assured if you see my Commander tag, I won't be initiating combat with anyone else in the area.

Well, I spent a day and a half running SEPP missions around the area, and saw a few other commanders around. The only one that stayed around long enough for me to scan for a name was Turambar in his Anaconda. Bumped into a couple of T6s and a couple of Cobras, but they seemed not to want to hang around long enough for me to see who they were.

I was mostly wandering around in a Vulture or a Courier, and you can rest assured if you see my Commander tag, I won't be initiating combat with anyone else in the area.

Probably self preservation if you see a Vulture coming toward you. It will take a while for us to get to know each other. This is a local place, for local people.

Michael Brookes just said the cooldown on statuses will be shorter, thus allowing for more rapid changes within a system, however a given power will only be able to be in one Conflict at a time regardless of how many systems they expand to. It will be quicker to gain/lose a single system, but the maximum rate of controlled expansion will be capped by the conflict cooldown period.

One major problem I foresee here is that a small but sustained resistance in one system could prevent a power from taking over new systems they've expanded into. Not sure if this impacts peaceful transition via elections or if the power shares a common expansion cooldown as well as a common conflict cooldown.

Well, I have been tracking the numbers for influence and traffic for all three systems, with emphasis in ELEU and STJL, which are the most dynamic ones. ALOWIS numbers seem to be updated every other day, and we are already in the top there, but it is also not a priority.

In ELEU though, things have been a mix. Goes up, then down, we got close enough last weekend, up to 66, just to drop next day in spite of running missions. Last night I checked, 69.8! So close to the 70%!!! But it was 69.2% in STJL as well.

The problem being that if we push it too high in STJL, it triggers an expansion because the SEPP already controls STJL so cant do enything else but expand. That locks any other conflict across the systems it is present, which means it prevents the so needed CIVIL WAR against Energy Corporation in ELEU to regain Finney Dock.

So, as a preemptive measure, I had to undermine some SEPP missions in STJL while running more missions for it in ELEU, hoping that today or tomorrow we get a CIVIL WAR as pending state in ELEU. However, it's been a couple of days now that we see CRITICAL WAR as pending state for SEPP in STJL against the Defense Party. I would advise to either undermine SEPP and DEFENSE PARTY missions altogether in STJL, or run missions for one of the lower factions there in order to deflate influence and prevent the WAR state, while keeping the control of the system.

Elections only happen when two minor factions that enter conflict, have the same government type, as absurd as that might sound in some cases. For instance, just at the beginning of this week, we had two dictatorial factions in ELEU that entered conflict, and they both went into elections, because they both had the same type of government. Nevermind that dictatorships will never allow to be challenged via votes, but this is how the BGS has it as of now.

Both enemy factions of the SEPP, Energy Corp in ELEU and Defense Party in STJL are of different government type -corporate and dictatorship- than SEPP's democracy. Becuase SEPP is domestic in ELEU, we'll enter a CIVIL WAR; but because it is a foreign party in STJL, we'll enter a WAR instead of a CIVIL WAR there, provided the conditions are met.

In that sense, the WAR in STJL is being promoted and seek by the DEFENSE PARTY as challenging the foreign SEPP in current control. Whatever, let them deal with it! We'll never let the system fall back again into the hands of a few!!!

On the other side of the Nation, the PURPLE DYNAMIC faction that is currently in control of ALOWIS, has fallen in the polls to second place as SEPP has enjoyed wide and popular acceptance there. This will create conflicts down the road also in PURUNGARANG system, where PURPLE DYNAMIC is also present and where many of the missions that SEPP issues to that system has been, so far, to support them there. So, traditionally, we've been friends in PURUNGURANG, but now our presence in ALOWIS, potentially challenging their status quo there, will shake things up. But that's further down the road. For now, we need to regain ELEU, at all cost!

Thanks for the info. Before your reply, I actually made the decision to go anyway. As of this moment, my ASP, ready for hardcore exploration, is parked, and I got a hold of a fairly viable Viper as replacement for my old Vulture.

As such, I've started running missions for SEPP as detailed on the first page.

Looking forward to joint ops, Commanders.
Excellent news CMDR!! Please keep pressing on!! Directive and objective hasn't changed: ELEU must be regained from the Feds and back into the SEPP independent control.

Funfact to incentive more CMDR: under Fed control, all narcotics are forbidden, including tobacco, which ELEU used to be a major producer. Under SEPP, not only the tobacco industry will be back up, but also the import and trading of Onionhead will be, once again, legal.

Excellent report!!!

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, VERY IMPORTANT: write down the name, ship, system, date and time of sighting, AND specially if they are pledged with any power!!!

THEN, approach them courteously via comm chat... be casual, not threatening, play dumb and let them confide any secrets if they have. do not declare you are SEPP and warden of the system, and that you are authjority and blah, blah, blah... no! Let them tell you what they are about, and find out if they are trying to bring any power in, and if so even pretend to be eager to be part of so they share plans.

Then come here and report on the threat, so we are all aware.

I should finally have time to play again tonight for a few hours, so I'll jump to Eleu and see what I can do for SEPP at Finney Dock.

I'm still docked at Martinez at the moment, haven't played since Sunday.

Excellent report!!!

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, VERY IMPORTANT: write down the name, ship, system, date and time of sighting, AND specially if they are pledged with any power!!!

THEN, approach them courteously via comm chat... be casual, not threatening, play dumb and let them confide any secrets if they have. do not declare you are SEPP and warden of the system, and that you are authjority and blah, blah, blah... no! Let them tell you what they are about, and find out if they are trying to bring any power in, and if so even pretend to be eager to be part of so they share plans.

Then come here and report on the threat, so we are all aware.

Well, I'm now out of the country until next Friday and am saddled with a laptop that although it can run ED, I'm really struggling to play without my Hotas. I'll see where things stand when I get back and dive back in. Your points are hereby noted.

I've been running some missions out of Eleu this evening and it looks like something has just ticked over. SEPP influence is now at 79% although it still says expansion.

I was flying around doing missions for SEPP this week. Mostly waiting for civil war in Eleu so I could get some pew pew in. However, the call of the black has been tugging at me, and I could resist no longer. Currently a kylie out from civilization with no idea how far I'll be going. Unavailable for missions at the moment, but I'll return to Santjalan with my data.

I've been running some missions out of Eleu this evening and it looks like something has just ticked over. SEPP influence is now at 79% although it still says expansion.

Yeah, indeed we finally passed the threshold!!!

We should now lower numbers in STJL, they are still running high at 69.2%!!

So, my hope is that if we keep it high in ELEU and not beyond 60% in STJL, we will have our civil war!

Docked at Martinez and uploaded data ok. I stored the Asp at Santjalan and bought a cheapy Sidewinder to use as a shuttle to collect and return my Cobra. It was only 16 jumps distance but crikey! its been so long since I piloted a Sidey I almost killed myself getting there. Cobra collected so all good. Currently back in flight training school getting used to my new joystick and throttle. Will be ready for new posting asap.

I shall be selling my data Tuesday 08 Sep. Then I need to pick up my Python in Wuru, head off to pick up a condie and then I will be back in the systems running missions. Looking forward to it.

I spent most of the afternoon and evening on Saturday running missions for SEPP, all were successful. It was great fun, and it's actually the longest that I've been able to play ED in a single day since my last Sag A* Buckyball Run.

I generally avoided taking missions from stations in the Santjalan system, unless they were smuggling weapons into Eleu - there were quite a few of those, so hopefully something will be triggered. There were also a few missions in Eleu that requested shipments of weapons; I took any that requested illegal rather than stolen weapons.

I noticed that the background sim mission generator is a little bugged though, there are lots of SEPP combat missions being generated in the stations in Eleu that ask you to attack authority ships in Santjalan! They say that the system government in Santjalan is corrupt...

Clearly these missions shouldn't be getting generated, or they should be against authority ships in Eleu!

I must apologise that I did take a few SEPP combat missions in Purungurang from both the secondary star outposts in Eleu and from Alowis. Initially these were anti-pirate and anti-smuggler bounty-hunter missions, but I ended up wanted so I took some anti-trader and anti-authority combat missions as well. I've never been a bad guy before, but I did at least message the NPCs telling them that the government was corrupt and that the system was interdicted... They all ignored me, but I also told them to eject before destroying their ships ;).

All my naughty activities were PVE, and I'm not even sure if PVP would count for the missions. I think the "mission target" tag that appears after a passive scan of an NPC is ridiculous (changes for simplistic gameplay again!), how on Earth can my passive scanner detect that a clean NPC is a smuggler?

My wanted status initially appeared after I'd engaged an NPC smuggler wing, one wanted and one clean. I destroyed the wanted NPC and his clean wingman was allowed to attack my clean ship without being tagged as wanted. I cargo scanned him, which still didn't help, so I returned fire. Once I was wanted in Purungurang I figured I might as well be a baddie in the system for a day or two.

I didn't turn in any more of the tickets for these missions after I read Kancro's post saying that Purungurang was one for the future (I think that I'd already turned in 2 tickets before I read the post). So the influence changes might be delayed until I turn in the tickets that I've "banked." It does look like SEPP might expand into Purungurang rather than starting a war in Eleu though.

I do think it's a bit of a shortcoming in the BGS though if the minor factions don't prioritise influencing their own home system though. Hopefully Eleu-Electrical's influence is so low that at least an election will be triggered - which we will surely win.

As well as Kancro and Turambar there were a few other CMDRs about, mostly in Eleu though, which isn't surprising as it's a popular rares-trading destination. As always, I sent a greetings message to every CMDR that I spotted, most of which were ignored or missed. None of the CMDRs were aligned to a PP power, and although I didn't write down any names I'd recognise any that see again. The only name that seemed familiar, I'm pretty sure was someone whom I've seen on the explorers' forum, so I think that everyone was either rares-trading or helping SEPP.

No CMDR ships were any scarier than a Cobra.

Last edited:
Hi, finally I have some time to write, I was running mission for ELEU and for ALOWIS too from Wednesday I think. After info from Kancro Vantas about priority ELEU only for this system. I'm quite new to this flipping station game play. For now we have like +80% in ELEu are we suppose to do more mission for ELEU or maybe we should do something else in order to tiger civil war?

I have never spend more then few hours doing something other then exploring and must say that I've found mining, trading and smuggling quite fun but not for long run. Already I hear this beautiful song of the Void, and is whispering my name ...
So in near future I will go in to frontier but not before we take ELEU!

Hi, finally I have some time to write, I was running mission for ELEU and for ALOWIS too from Wednesday I think. After info from Kancro Vantas about priority ELEU only for this system. I'm quite new to this flipping station game play. For now we have like +80% in ELEu are we suppose to do more mission for ELEU or maybe we should do something else in order to tiger civil war?

I have never spend more then few hours doing something other then exploring and must say that I've found mining, trading and smuggling quite fun but not for long run. Already I hear this beautiful song of the Void, and is whispering my name ...
So in near future I will go in to frontier but not before we take ELEU!

Hi Cmdr Dhror... sorry I missed you this evening at Finney . I was intent at getting through the mailslot and missed your chat. I also ran a few missions (wow Bradshaw is a long haul but a pleasant spot). See you next time in.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom