ANNOUNCEMENT September Update out now!

I have heard a lot of complaining about connection speed and cost in UK. Guess I am just lucky here.

Edit; Beautiful country BTW, hope to get back before too long.

Having both lived in North America (Canada + the US) and the UK, I can basically say that UK & Canada are generally on par for performance and reliability, with the US (at least Arizona) lagging behind. Price wise, (cheapest to highest), UK, Canada, US. That said, Canada's mobile plans are stupidly expensive (US not much better). UK its very cheap - I have 4GB of data on my phone, and pay about 10 pounds a month right now.

At our work the test environment may not be an exact copy, given it has the intended changes, but pre-prod is (until updated).

One observation on FDev is that over the years they have had numerous instances of fixed bugs popping up again, while it's a guess, it feels very much like their source control practices are poor, and sometimes someone has done a bad merge / cocked up a build, and there's no regression testing to catch things.
The external observation of their devops practices seems poor.

One of the mods I think said recently something like "they only work 7 hours in the UK", which is true, but if we'd screwed up a live release you can be damn sure people would be pulling overtime until its fixed.
Or if serious enough, it'd be a rollback: and IME the recent update (given the impact on the majority of live users) would have been pulled until the bugs were fixed, and then pushed out again. We'd never get away with "it can wait over the weekend until Monday", but then our firm is commercial and not a game dev, so <shrug> yay for more relaxed business practices I guess :/

Anyway, lets see if the latest 500MB patch fixes things.

This.
Sadlly it's generaly accepted by now, the things gamedevs get away with.

• Commanders will be able to access their ship livery from the main menu, so even if their ship is not docked at a starport, they will be able to change up the ship's appearance on the fly!
I can see it now. First, he was white, then he turned black and I could not see him as good, and lost my line of sight. Edge for combat if used correctly. This should be a bug.
... from the main menu ... would be the key part of the sentence.

I'm curious if you don't mind; What part of earth are you and what type of connection are you subject to? Me, Rocky Mountains, wired internet and it was about 5 or 6 minutes. Yeah off topic but there was the opening to ask.
Certainly from Australia.

:p

Agreed!
The logical place to start would be to fix the station alignment. This could fix many problems related to co-ordinates etc, even mining.
If the universe is out of place, then everything else will stop working.

Notice in pic the station hologram compared to the actual station.

I thought I was crazy. I haven't logged in awhile but I could always align to mail slot out of supercruise. So they broke this too.

PS4 here. Nothing works - disconnects on every supercruise / jump. I'm litterally stuck and can't play.

Nice update, devs! And it's middle of November, for god's sake! It's been one and a half month, can you patch it already?

Lol I'm dumb. Doens't make a difference though - one month should still be enough to patch something THIS BAD. For F sake, just reverting thing to "pre-patch" and testing it more until it kinda works would be better.

PS4 here. Nothing works - disconnects on every supercruise / jump. I'm litterally stuck and can't play.
Are you in a iClipper, with the new shipkit attached?
Although that bug was meant to be patched, might be worth removing all customisations from the Main Menu, and see if that makes a difference? Also try in Solo, check PSN network connections, disable VPN if using one?

Well, I did managed to leave supercruise, but now I can't even connect to server - "taupe cobra" all the way :(

I don't have any customization, I'm in stock Python.

Top Bottom