Patch Notes September Update - Patch 1

with the constant disconnection, I guess its time to enjoy my space legs and freighter on No Mans Sky for the next few months.

I have to be honest: if Hello Games starts expanding the space portion of that game to match all the wonderful stuff (and bug fixing!) that they have added to planets with Beyond, I could see ED lose its pride of place on my games list. Because of this botched tiny content drop, I've been playing NMS more than ever and I am having a blast! Frontier needs to start treading with greater care because NMS is starting to catch up in a big way.

Thank you for the update, dev team. Very much looking forward to future updates as well, and excited to see the game developing further and further!

I'm returning to E-D after a year-long break from gaming and I see nothing much has changed here in the forums. Come to think of it, it's been the same since day 1, the only difference is that the number of teenagers living in the moment appears to have grown quite a bit. Which of course is a sign of more and more players actually spending time with the game, not just the first-generation old-timers ;)

I have to be honest: if Hello Games starts expanding the space portion of that game to match all the wonderful stuff (and bug fixing!) that they have added to planets with Beyond, I could see ED lose its pride of place on my games list. Because of this botched tiny content drop, I've been playing NMS more than ever and I am having a blast! Frontier needs to start treading with greater care because NMS is starting to catch up in a big way.

Worse Still, It's not that hard to add space legs to this game... I mean Walking is a bog standard part of all Dev Kits and for the most part nearly impossible to mess up (Looking at you Star Citizen) It would take what? 6 people a month to build the interiors, use hot swappable parts, some temp "working on it" Lights, and the same 4 landing pads add a Dock Apartment and you are golden. Give it 6 months and the same team can have it "done" to the point they could sell even more crap in livery. Even EVE Online had mostly functioning Space legs before they got bored.

As for NMS, yeah they're almost ready for full scale Live Access and the like. Plus once they hammer out the space station issue and gave people a reason to stay around it would destroy most of what Frontier has built. Or god forbid one of us gets tired of their crap uses UDK or Unity and just makes one that actually works.

Thank you for the update, dev team. Very much looking forward to future updates as well, and excited to see the game developing further and further!

I'm returning to E-D after a year-long break from gaming and I see nothing much has changed here in the forums. Come to think of it, it's been the same since day 1, the only difference is that the number of teenagers living in the moment appears to have grown quite a bit. Which of course is a sign of more and more players actually spending time with the game, not just the first-generation old-timers ;)

Thanks for coming back after your year-long break to immediately insult people who have a different opinion than you. You really make the forum a better place! ;)

who cares about others credits ? It is not like it is already open bar with mining...

Yes but it flies in the face of the Skinner box mechanics of the game - if you start getting lots of cash using mining or trading, it gets 'more difficult' (although questionably so) - the bug circumnavigates this, and we can't have that! ;-)

Yes but it flies in the face of the Skinner box mechanics of the game - if you start getting lots of cash using mining or trading, it gets 'more difficult' (although questionably so) - the bug circumnavigates this, and we can't have that! ;-)

wait, there is some kind of difficulties in this game ? Shocker.

Lucky you to have one anywhere in your region to take. Nearest one is nowhere near us to make a bgs takeover even a viable option. Additionally, you're the only faction I've heard of to take one via BGS, so I'll have to take your word on it with a grain of salt as I can't dispute it nor can anyone else confirm your claim either.

We had a big operation to take it over (Operation Golden Touch). Just fly to the Zeus system and you can see it. you don't have to take my word for it or accuse me of dishonesty. You can also come to Artemis and see how we've also taken over the lore-important asteroid base Freeholm. These were both operations which required the steady direction of expansions (you can direct where expansions go once you know the rules, these two were taken under the old rules, but we have the current rules figured out and we are directing expansions and asset takeovers where we want them to go).

happyoutkast said:
Lucky you to have one anywhere in your region to take. Nearest one is nowhere near us to make a bgs takeover even a viable option. Additionally, you're the only faction I've heard of to take one via BGS, so I'll have to take your word on it with a grain of salt as I can't dispute it nor can anyone else confirm your claim either.
We had a big operation to take it over (Operation Golden Touch). Just fly to the Zeus system and you can see it. you don't have to take my word for it or accuse me of dishonesty. You can also come to Artemis and see how we've also taken over the lore-important asteroid base Freeholm. These were both operations which required the steady direction of expansions (you can direct where expansions go once you know the rules, these two were taken under the old rules, but we have the current rules figured out and we are directing expansions and asset takeovers where we want them to go).

I wasn't accusing you of dishonesty, however I do find your assertion hard to believe. That doesn't mean that I'm accusing you of anything, just that I think your statement may be inaccurate. I just simply find it difficult to believe. I'll go to those systems though and investigate for myself, and verify it's a legitimate LANDABLE megaship and whether it's static or mobile, etc...

I understand how expansions work, however that doesn't make the option any more viable when the nearest option is 50 or even 100 ly or more from our space. To expand that far is both a level of work that's insane and a nightmare to manage in bgs. You might as well be expecting us to take control of alliance systems, which are on the opposite side of the bubble from us. Directing expansions isn't rocket science, but expecting a faction to direct expansions just to take an asset 100 ly away is absolutely insane - especially with my former point regarding the rarity and favoritism of how landable megaships were placed in the game to begin with. My original point stands that it's total crap//ignorance - or whatever politically correct term this fascist censor allows to show up in this post - how frontier played favorites with player factions that got access to control their own landable megaships. Key word is landable - or dockable, whatever term you prefer.

Last edited:

There's the proper quote. Had to figure out how to get it to work properly on mobile.

Top Bottom