Patch Notes September Update - Patch 1

Hopefully Frontier make an announcement on future Community beta testing/feedback program for future updates, sometime soon.
Plenty of us would love to help with interactive testing again, for free!

I do not agree with the ranks about, the first cmdr who made triple elite took 1000 hours, I have 2000 and I am far from that, it is not easier to rise now, except trade i think

I can reset my save and become elite in exploration with 24 hours. Elite in trade in another 24 hours. So with some commitment and lots of energy drinks you can be double elite with 1.5+ billion in the bank in a weekend. You need to know what to do et cetera, but it definitely became way easier. Or rather faster.

Hurrah for FDev, hurrah for Will, hurrah for Flimley, hurrah for everything (except toxicity and nagativity)

\o/
you shout "hooorraay" as if the fact that the fd started fixing the problems of the September update is some kind of special achievement for them, if so, then hardly any kind of hater can humiliate them more than you do now.
you definitely shouldn’t be so toxic ^ _ ^

I think ... I hope they know how badly this has damaged their relationship with the players esp. the long term players, there have been so many commenting here in the forum it should be hard to miss.

It has seriously damaged my personal relationship with Elite. I took scrn shots last night of my current Cmdr's status in the Codex with a view to simply not returning again and re-awaking my focus with Visual Studio and my Raspberry Pi in my evenings and spare time.

And, @Will Flanagan whilst I have you attention [ if I do :) ], I just want to mention that with over 4,500hours in the Elitian Universe I dislike how easy it has become to earn credits, how easy it has become to rank up etc. How a couple of hours of Void Opal mining can net 100's of millions of credits.

I understand why, and I assume it is because there are many, many players out there who want to join the Elitian Universe play for a while, get the big ships and the high ranks and move on, but I, as a long term [2nd life?] player don't like it. When I first started, gaining my next ship took many hours and days of play to work for my first Python and to work for my Anaconda and I felt like I had achieved it. It took a long time for me to achieve my Elite ranks and, again, it was an achievement.

That sense of achievement doesn't seem to be there anymore. I do not know whether I have simply burned out [note, I have been programming since the 1970's and still have not burned out on that] or if my in-game experience means I find everything easier anyway but the you tube videos like "get an Anaconda in 24 hours" seem to indicate it is actually easier that it used to be.

There are some wonderful game play ideas I have read, e.g. the recent one where instead of your SLF pilot dying they are captured by the attacking ship and you have to go, chase the pirate down and either pay a ransom or destroy said pirate and pick up your SLF pilot in an escape capsule. Yet depth of game play seems to be increasingly missing and grind [and I am specifically thinking of the click, click, click of engineering when traveling to an engineer and having an additional button along the lines of "use up all of my mats and engineer as far as you can" would remove some of the repeated clickety click grind 'game' play.

I thoroughly enjoy flying my spaceships and Elite seems unique and there are many other shoot-em-ups out there I just hope that Elite can return to being unique.

This long post is not a moan, I do not intend for it to be a grumble but it is written with a feeling of sadness for "my" elite that seems to have become lost.
Great post and to add my own, was one of the original KS backers, I have enjoyed hours upon hours of playtime but literally as much as I love the potential of the game, the only enjoyment in the game is the people who play with me, sadly most of those have left the game because of the issues and lack of communication, attention to details.
Instance blocking is a joke, blocking should be limited to communications only, currently one player on a block list affects everyone winged with said player in an instance, blue tunnnels, de syncs etc make organized combat PvP a joke.
Powerplay is again a joke because of the PG/solo exploits, all play modes may be equal but totally unfair.
I would wager that most existing players who have uninstalled etc would welcome even just some communication regarding these issues, instead FDEV say nothing.
These issues need correcting or at least addressing before anyone gives a damn about carriers or next years secret update

That sense of achievement doesn't seem to be there anymore. I do not know whether I have simply burned out [note, I have been programming since the 1970's and still have not burned out on that] or if my in-game experience means I find everything easier anyway but the you tube videos like "get an Anaconda in 24 hours" seem to indicate it is actually easier that it used to be.

There are plenty of 'beat Skyrim in 30 minutes' vids too, doesnt mean the average player has that experience. In various elite communities I see plenty of 'finally got a Python, so stoked!' posts. We tend to forget our experience is much different from new players', and this community is heavily biased towards experienced players.

To try to achieve a compromise from all the previous posts:

Neither thank, nor curse you FDev... but create a post to do so nevertheless.

Top Bottom