Patch Notes September Update - Patch 1

Fixed issue with players not being able to connect through a VPN
Didn't work for me. This is annoying. Support told me to wait for a patch and nothing changed. I could play before september update with no problems using VPN and with minor issues without VPN. Now I can't play at all.

Greetings Commanders,

The Elite Dangerous servers will be offline for all platforms today at 13:00 (UTC) for approximately 30 minutes to apply a minor update containing a number of fixes.

Thank you for your patience.

Please find the full patch notes below:

Crashes/Stability
  • Fixed a crash that could happen when trying to load the game on PlayStation 4
Network
  • Fixed issue with players not being able to connect through a VPN
Engineering
  • Fixed soft lock when engineering an item
Communication
  • Fixed an Xbox One issue that allowed other users to communicate with a player that they are not friends with, when that player has the 'p=others can communicate with voice, text, or invites' privilege is set to 'Friends'

Excellent and expedient work, thanks!

:D S

Why the flying flamingoes has this not been posted on the forum by F D?

Really gets on my vestigial mammary glands that they use anti-social media and leave the forum to fester.

(P.S. Can we have the ViperIII 0Arx price skin back too? )

It sort of was - the original post was updated with the new date.

Acceptable yes. But I am not fine with it. Of course I don't want bugs in the game. But I am not going to give Fdev a really hard time over it. I will point out the bugs and carry on. Constant moaning about it won't achieve anything.

Bugs are fixed with every update, new bugs are introduced. It's the way it goes.

You call it moaning, I think it's keeping them aware that all is not fine the way it is.
Imho I don't think I'm giving them a very hard time over it, I'll never jump to personal attacks, those are inexcusable but a bit of complaining and pointing out what's wrong, there's nothing wrong with that.
Since these forums are the only way to communicate with them it's obvious that all complaints take place right here.

I give them credit where it's due and let them know when they screw up.
Personally I think the new store looks good although it could do with some more options like recently added or an all shipkits, squadron paints, etc, filter.
The new player experience seems to work out well too.
And there's of course the fact that ED is still the best spacegame out there, and a good looking one at that.

The continues stacking of bugs is not good, yes they fix some bugs with each update but not as many as being added.

It sort of was - the original post was updated with the new date.

Well I wouldn't have known that if you had not told me and besides, it wasn't F D doing the telling was it? "Last edited by a moderator: Today at 11:16 AM " LOL

I honestly think the community managers (if they are all managers who are they managing?) think we are all of the "head in a mobile all day" generation whereas I am not the only old fogey around here that doesn't "do" instagrammatic, tw@tter or bottombook.

• Like (+1)
Reactions: EUS
Why the flying flamingoes has this not been posted on the forum by F D?

Really gets on my vestigial mammary glands that they use anti-social media and leave the forum to fester.

(P.S. Can we have the ViperIII 0Arx price skin back too? )
The original post has been edited. I link to Twitter mostly because the forum changes the link to an embedded post, so you can read all the relevant info without leaving the page

The original post has been edited. I link to Twitter mostly because the forum changes the link to an embedded post, so you can read all the relevant info without leaving the page

I don't have an issue with you posting a link to twitter (thanks for keeping us informed) - my point is that F D Elite community people seem to concentrate on those other channels while their in-house forum is grossly under-utilized as far as Elite goes. There seemed to be much more engagement in the other games' fora but in here it feels like a mushroom farm to me.

I don't have an issue with you posting a link to twitter (thanks for keeping us informed) - my point is that F D Elite community people seem to concentrate on those other channels while their in-house forum is grossly under-utilized as far as Elite goes. There seemed to be much more engagement in the other games' fora but in here it feels like a mushroom farm to me.

Can't stop the signal, Mal.

bought a second licence yesterday during steam's sale.
game downloaded in 3hrs, that s what my dsl can until 1GB optic comes in november
launched the game
started the tutorial, skipped it after 20 minutes, it s a nice tutorial, but i dont need it
saw the pilot federation systems for the first time
made missions in a sidewinder and 1000cr, never did that, i had the beta mercenary pack thing when the game was out
made transport missions with no weapons and no fuel scoop
landed with illegal cargo in a high security station, crashed in the bottom, survived with underclassed shield
made a few planetary mappings
bought a viper
bought a mk III
made a few transport missions
sold explo data, equipped a refinery and took 16 drones
mined alexandrite and made 7M
my kids were happy, i never bothered them to "watch" mining. sure in a fully engineered T10 it s kinda different.
almost died hitting an asteroid btw

had ton of fun and good moments, been a long time it didnt happen

i ll wait for a couple days, even a week or two, before i engineer at Deciat.

the game DOES work, it provides good moments and fun. if something is broken, there s a lot of other things that DO work.
Nice story, at least you could login...
Fdev ineptitude is legendary round these parts and they seem to be accelerating that concept patch by patch.
Beta testing pronto.

I'm not gonna begrudge them focusing on the somewhat higher priority issue of PS4 players not being able to so much as boot the game before cracking on with fixing everything else the patch broke. Although now I think about it, that just sounds like I'm saying PS4 players deserve to suffer alongside the rest of us.

It was posted here. The main thread about it was also updated to reflect this as well. 🤨

Sorry Will, but buried in page 41 of a thread with people's entries for a wireframe paint job is not exactly making an announcement is it? Let's face it, the fact that the OP of the thread got amended isn't particularly drawing attention to something either - who goes back and reads the first post of a thread when after you have seen it already if you are not expecting updates - as you would for the known issues one for example. (So I don't appreciate the raised eyebrow then.)

It is the same with the Viper paint that was "on sale" for 0 Arx - I only found out about it because someone posted the info in dangerous discussions (shame I missed it for the extra Steam purchase I made). I don't know if it was announced, I didn't see it anyway.

Sorry Will, but buried in page 41 of a thread with people's entries for a wireframe paint job is not exactly making an announcement is it? Let's face it, the fact that the OP of the thread got amended isn't particularly drawing attention to something either - who goes back and reads the first post of a thread when after you have seen it already if you are not expecting updates - as you would for the known issues one for example. (So I don't appreciate the raised eyebrow then.)

It is the same with the Viper paint that was "on sale" for 0 Arx - I only found out about it because someone posted the info in dangerous discussions (shame I missed it for the extra Steam purchase I made). I don't know if it was announced, I didn't see it anyway.

More the slightly clunky new forum software than any failing on FDev's part for me. Stickies in DD like we used to get might help.

Top Bottom