Patch Notes September Update - Patch 2

maybe while they redo the modules tab again, they could check and see why it freezes for a second to sometimes several seconds.
Nicely enough seems to be at its longest freeze times when I need it the most during fights.
Every time makes me wonder if the freeze will be permanent or if it just might come back to life.

Remember that w7 no longer supports and w10 supports even when not registered (watermark).
Here is a list of the stuff that supports WIN 10 that BREAKS Win7
KB numberRepeated
KB2952664XXX
KB2977759
KB2990214Might break Update completely if removed.
KB3021917
KB3022345
KB3035583
KB3068708
KB3075249
KB3080149
KB3083324
KB3083710
KB3090045
KB3112343
KB3123862XX
KB3133977https://www.computerworld.com/artic...a-bitlocker-patch-right-away.html#tk.rss_news
KB3162835
KB4493132
KB4507456July 2019 SOU
KB 4516033Sept 2019 Security Only Update
So, If you were successfully playing with Win 7, and I am without any of the above spyware, and you allowed a cumulative update or even an un-researched security update onto you machine, there is a VERY good chance the Microsoft deliberately broke your machine to try to get you to pay them to let them spy on you.
Google these and see what Woogy and other security people have to say about them. There were a LOT of us that got caught by "
Microsoft’s latest trick: Clicking ‘X’ to dismiss Windows 10 upgrade doesn’t stop install
I was one of them.
There are also a LOT of perfectly good applications (the whole Windows Live Suite for example) that will not run on Win10 and for which there is no truly suitable substitute.

So, if, all of a sudden Win7 has stopped doing something it used to do, look for the MS Malware and remove it. Then in the future, keep in mind that even if you have removed and "HID" it, Microsoft WILL unhide it and try to trick you into installing it again and again and again.. They are desperate to be able to spy on you.

The flight controllers voice when requesting docking permissions, indicating what landing pad you're cleared for, is now missing. You just get the text in your HUD confirming pad number and time to land.

Cartographic Discoveries no longer list the system you've made discoveries for.

Here is a list of the stuff that supports WIN 10 that BREAKS Win7
KB numberRepeated
KB2952664XXX
KB2977759
KB2990214Might break Update completely if removed.
KB3021917
KB3022345
KB3035583
KB3068708
KB3075249
KB3080149
KB3083324
KB3083710
KB3090045
KB3112343
KB3123862XX
KB3133977https://www.computerworld.com/artic...a-bitlocker-patch-right-away.html#tk.rss_news
KB3162835
KB4493132
KB4507456July 2019 SOU
KB 4516033Sept 2019 Security Only Update
So, If you were successfully playing with Win 7, and I am without any of the above spyware, and you allowed a cumulative update or even an un-researched security update onto you machine, there is a VERY good chance the Microsoft deliberately broke your machine to try to get you to pay them to let them spy on you.
Google these and see what Woogy and other security people have to say about them. There were a LOT of us that got caught by "
Microsoft’s latest trick: Clicking ‘X’ to dismiss Windows 10 upgrade doesn’t stop install
I was one of them.
There are also a LOT of perfectly good applications (the whole Windows Live Suite for example) that will not run on Win10 and for which there is no truly suitable substitute.

So, if, all of a sudden Win7 has stopped doing something it used to do, look for the MS Malware and remove it. Then in the future, keep in mind that even if you have removed and "HID" it, Microsoft WILL unhide it and try to trick you into installing it again and again and again.. They are desperate to be able to spy on you.

The current support is minimum w7 in 2020 end

The current support is minimum w7 in 2020 end
NO.. Not really. If you are following this closely you find out that MS is going to offer security only updates to Businesses with MULTI-Licences for at least 3 years after 14 Jan 2020.
No. these updates won't be available through the currently very dangerous automatic Win 7 update channels, but, they will be available for manual download and installation from the MS downloads pages.
As best I can tell, the people supporting Woody are planning to continue to vet these future updates just as they have been ever since KB2952664 started magically reappearing even after it had been removed and hidden. , That was the update installed the WIN10 Naggware and some backdoors so MS could "evaluate" your system to see if it met the minimum specs for WIN10. Later "security updates" even automatically downloaded Win10 WITHOUT PERMISSION and still later "security updates" installed essentially boot loaders to automatically install Win 10. At least one of those looked like if had a date trigger of ,, 14 Jan 2020. It isn't clear if that early download was going to qualify as "free" or if you were going to get up on Jan 15 2020 to find a ransomware screen demanding payment in full for win10 befor you could use your, YOUR!!! computer ever again.
These thing qualify as being called trojans and spyware and ransomware.
At present several anti-virus makers are planning to continue to support Win 7 for some extended period of time. Shoot, if you want it, there is still AV support for XP.
Google Chrome, Brave, Avast Safe, and TOR browsers will likely continue to be updated for Win7 for a long time so as long as you don't go places you shouldn't be going in the first place, Win7 should be good for another 5-7 years after 14 Jan 2020.
By that time, MAYBE, the government in the USA at least, will have stepped in a told MS:
"NO,, YOU DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO KEEP PERMANENTLY OPEN BACKDOORS INTO PRIVATE COMPUTERS".
" NO, YOU DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO PUT TARGETED ADVERTISING ON THOSE COMPUTERS THAT IS BASED ON THE INFORMATION YOU GOT THROUGH THOSE BACKDOORS."
Hopefully, there will be a Linux Port of the game by then so I will never be on Win 10.

Ship HUD
  • Corrected the schematic of a targeted starport to match its actual orientation
  • Fixed an issue that made ship modules appear twice in the module tab after swapping to a different ship
  • Fixed the edge case where the ship HUD could be switched off (by the Thargoid shutdown effect) during a jump to Supercruise, causing the HUD to never appear again.
Ship hud is still not fixed. It is less broke but still not right. I can line up dead square to the slot and the station hologram is at an angle.

[EDIT]: Seriously, Guys, sterling work fixing the mess but get to testing before releasing

Ship hud is still not fixed. It is less broke but still not right. I can line up dead square to the slot and the station hologram is at an angle.
Remember the holograms in your HUD are not directly in front of you so there are perspective/view point issues, if you look at the hologram of your ship on the right it is at an angle that points towards the axis of your ship at a point in front of you you have to align the hologram of the station so it is at a similar angle towards the axis.

That will get you close enough to the centreline of the station assuming the holograms are now as they were before.

Last edited:
Just came back after a couple days playing something else and noticed things haven't improved: the only things that did improve is that there is more poignant feedback on specific issues and once again proves that the community is pinpointing all the issues and bugs with great precision..

..call me naive but it is amazing how the game can keep being this broken still. The only thing I cherish is the cool CMDRs I played with so far, with or against, and their teamplay for making something they love better and better. All sent to s because wasted and ignored by FDev. Oh well!

I will be watching the forums while I play Squad and Ground Branch! See you soon!

Nothing in here for me except between 15 hours and 2 days of not playing the game while it is "sync files" .
Yeah, you read it right. 15 HOURS to 2 DAYS. IT is flickering between those two numbers.
It is Saturday here in the USA. I live in a rural area. I do not have free, unlimited high speed internet. No one around me does. We are all on cellular system based internet plans and like all cellular systems, as the number of people on the system goes up, the speed they get goes down. And it is Saturday so almost everyone is at home using the internet so the system is running under 200 kbps.

I know exactly how this goes. If you have a friend that has great internet, or if there is a location with decent public WiFi and you have a laptop/netbook, you can update the game either on the laptop or on a USB drive. If using a USB drive, ensure it's a fast one because Elite does a lot of small data writes. At the location with decent internet (i.e. 10Mbps) run the launcher. When completed, you can copy just the specific game subfolder back to your home machine. Nothing is lost as all your configs are saved in the User folder.

I still do this with the big updates. Corsair Survivor USB 3.0 drives are my choice pick (64GB ~$20 @ amazon, 128GB ~$30 @ amazon with sizes smaller and larger available in silver and black). Use a speedtest app on your phone to locate prime spots for the update. And if you're using a hotspot, it makes it even easier as you can sit in your car while it updates. Just note car battery power use if engine off and fuel consumption depending on the day/time as you don't want to get yourself stranded late-night :)

Attachments

• copy-elite-dangeorous.png
    copy-elite-dangeorous.png
    56.9 KB · Views: 311
Transport 500 first class passengers? Have they released a new ship that is capable of fitting enough first class cabins to actually do these missions?
-
-
-

The connectivity problems are yours or your internet server ??.., you may have inappropriate ping and latencies for Elite. Remember that w7 no longer supports and w10 supports even when not registered (watermark). Connection management is not only Frontier also your operating system (windows, linux, virtualizations, others). Although to see a web page it may be correct for other things you need something and therefore does not let you access.
In addition, those who play with VPN, that there is, if it enters, the configuration of Frontier server also, for security issues that do not correspond to explain here.
Windows 7 worked fine though I have a copy of Windows 10 I will be installing this weekend on a spare SSD. Will reinstall the game and see what happens. Prior to September 18, 2019, ED worked great. After the September 18, 2019 update, its ED is a broken game. Something changed within the September 2019 update. All my other applications I have (Adobe, Firefox, Fallout 4, STEAM, MS Office, and of course, MS Update) work fine. Tell me how to adjust latency and ping latencies an I will try it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom