Patch Notes September Update - Patch 2

yes, between these multi-million credit donate missions aka 50mil and nifty passenger missions 320 to 500 passengers both of which we also can't accept, not that we would accept even if we could seems the programming glitches continue.
But is also reminiscent of the 50mil cargo delivery missions once introduced.
So to repeat myself again, as a programmer its difficult to imagine that the updates are done on one computer, and the original program sits on another computer with each and every bug ever created still present and then some wise-acre takes a copy of that and puts it on a server then copies and pastes the updates into it.
No experienced programmer worth anything does this, I know, but then why does it seem like this is exactly what fdev does???

the continual freeze up of my modules screen is annoying but the above is making various aspects of the BGS play near impossible.
also, from what a few others have noted, yes very much the modules tabs ability to set power priorities is currently a waste of space, so again another old bug is alive and well once more.
I am picturing a view of the programming room at fdev filled with ex-Microsoft non-English speaking mechanical engineering grads trying to find the 'fix' key on the acorn. while the janitors are huddled in a corner giggling at each other
I'm starting to believe that the janitorial crew is messing with us whilst fdev appears to be on a holiday and are in no rush to return to their collection of flailing disaster of what has been on numerous occasions a great program/game.

It would be nice and slightly reassuring to hear a word or 2 from someone in charge of something besides coffee and cleanup that there is a certain amount of sorrow and apologies for the continual failings, bugs and glitches that continue to crop up, after update, after patch, after patch.

Maybe let us know which vacation spot the good programmers are currently inhabiting so someone might drop them a line to see if they are enjoying their time off.

if bugs <= 1 then
goto work
else
goto Las_ Palmas
endif
'break
'stop
'debug.print "Merry Hallowmas"

Last edited:
As much as I would hate to see the losses and other changes that we would all suffer, this is one time that I would vote yes, for a total rollback to pre-update, pre-arx
Because for one thing, all I see now is patch 3 = more bugs, patch 4-10 = more bugs. but arx will eventually be the entire and only thing working properly.

And the Beefeaters actually grinned.

I'm impressed, just found a 500 passenger mission that tried to populate my 72 cabins as well as the entire screen but sadly they just couldn't squeeze the last 428 little red men into the hold.
Honestly thought the game and my computer were going to blow.

The reason for the errors is banal and can be explained in one word: Greed.
Why the greed? Because arx was included in the game.
"..Nothing personal – just business!.." ©

I have to agree, if the ability to get Arx from playing the game hadn’t been written into the code then it is probable that the bugs would have been confined to fewer aspects of the game, it is all down to the greed of the players.

Because it would be greed, if the paint and skin store already existed from the beginning .... by 2014 and the only difference is that now you can get something when you play many hours .... I do not see that statement, I do not agree

I have to agree, if the ability to get Arx from playing the game hadn’t been written into the code then it is probable that the bugs would have been confined to fewer aspects of the game, it is all down to the greed of the players.
nonsense.... earning skins and decals etc has been a staple of long term goals for videogames for decades. I paid more to FD for Elite D than i have ever paid for any other game so to suggest wanting to earn skins in game is me being greedy is plain wrong.

Earning Arx to buy skins is not actually what I really want but it is the only option on the table at the moment. For me it has everything to do with giving me in game goals and nothing to do with greed.

Hell even as a LTP owner, hypothetically if FD released a £50 DLC which added all skins, kits and well basically all cosmetics to be earnable in game by doing different in game tasks.... I would pay it (so not earning arx but for instance giving every npc faction a different skin that we earned by doing stuff etc) I would pay for that, and yet as it is now, FD wont get another £50 from me for skins no matter how long the lifetime of the game is. A cosmetic earned by real cash means nothing to me, I have not even bothered to put on some of the skins i bought 18 months ago because they were not earned... Had i got them through gameplay they would have been equipped immediately.

They could have just made it a timer based ARX generation system, with some AFK/repetitive input detection that silently turns off the generation. Would have been easy enough to do, and wouldn't have broken a whole bunch of stuff - and wouldn't penalise explorers or miners, etc.

You just generate ARX from playing the game!

Transport 500 first class passengers? Have they released a new ship that is capable of fitting enough first class cabins to actually do these missions?

These missions for 500 passengers and 50 million were specifically introduced into the game not in order that they could be taken and performed, but in order to correct bugs in the game. Therefore, these missions are not available.

These missions for 500 passengers and 50 million were specifically introduced into the game not in order that they could be taken and performed, but in order to correct bugs in the game. Therefore, these missions are not available.
I think FDev should have mentioned the specifics of the Fix, I know if you have to temporarily bodge something in my trade always let the customer know so they don't wonder what the hell is going on, and this bullsh*t about leaving the Forum experts speculate is nothing but childish cowardliness

So grow a pair FDev, Explain the problem and the temp fix.

I think FDev should have mentioned the specifics of the Fix, I know if you have to temporarily bodge something in my trade always let the customer know so they don't wonder what the hell is going on, and this bullsh*t about leaving the Forum experts speculate is nothing but childish cowardliness

So grow a pair FDev, Explain the problem and the temp fix.

They did
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/mission-board-softlock.525396/

The way they did it, yes, that's a issue.

MORE BROKE for the Salt pile: Exploration not showing 1st mapped in many systems (NOTE I did not say ALL systems). And RE-LOG didn't help.
-
-

Last edited:
Mild issue, the occasional planet base disappears from below when leaving.

Top Bottom