Patch Notes September Update - Patch 2

There are two school of thought on patching in my view...
1. Where programming mistakes have been made and are being sorted as soon as they are identified.
or
2. Under a business model to minimize costs the 80-20 rule gets applied. 80%of the programming is ok... 20% is a little flawed... A new update has costs the most being testing for errors. Seems to me let the players find the faults at 0 cost... then correct the errors identified... game on! All the users are miffed at first... complain a lot and seek resolution to the issues. We all win .... FDev saves costs... the users engage... and are happy when the game they enjoy so much is playable again!
Thats my view... Elite is really a great gaming experience and the community is brilliant! See you in the black! 😎

sometimes known as a beta test
which is perfectly acceptable
live being used as a beta is slightly acceptable, except when the QC is so poor that each patch simply adds more bugs
applying code then releasing to live without actually testing even for a minute, is simply sloppy unacceptable practice and tends to cost more.

Okay, so I cannot collect the Weekly Bonus in Powerplay, simply ignores the mouse click? Looks like a bug to me...
Also, what's up with the new Passenger missions impossible to do, Transport 500 passengers FIRST CLASS and not a WING mission? Crazy stuff, mind you, 20M credits is fine, but who can carry even with the largest ships 500 first class passengers? Really?

Just a mild issue, the Supercruse Assist occasionally just turns off mid flight while on rout to an unobstructed location.
Mild issue? That "mild issue" ran me right into a planet. That thing either needs to be able to take care of that on it's own or should stop needing a slot if it's that unreliable.

Right after the patch, INARA wouldn't/couldn't import commander data. After a while it started working again. Now it's broken again. I even tried EDDI and it will not connect to ED's API. Anyone else have this issue?????

Patch 3 tomorrow.

Anyone know if you can turn in vouchers to power contacts yet and collect your salary? Was that fixed? Have not logged in since I found that was broken.

Ok...

I planned to unlock PALIN...will become very boring...
Before, I went to the GUARDIANS to unlock the GUARDIAN FSD Booster...approx. 1000 LY away...worked well..
On the In-Game Engineer page CHLOE SEDESI says 950/5000 LY done....looks working...
...while on the page for PALIN it stated 0/5000 LY done....so something is wrong ...

Anybody with the same issue ?
Was this reported already ?
I wait until this is fixed before I fly 5000 LY for nothing...
Thanks !!!

OK !!!
Found the post with this PALIN issue...should work even if it don't show up in the panel...I just start my tour end hope the best ;-)))

Last edited:

Deleted member 192138

D
Anyone know if you can turn in vouchers to power contacts yet and collect your salary? Was that fixed? Have not logged in since I found that was broken.
Use direction control to select the option to turn them in, not mouse cursor (e.g. the same buttons you would use to navigate your contacts panel). This works for me.

Top Bottom