Patch Notes September Update - Patch 3

Will Flanagan

Product Manager
Frontier
Greetings Commanders,

The Elite Dangerous servers will be offline for all platforms on the 10 October at 07:00 (UTC) to apply the September Update - Patch 3.

Thank you for your understanding.

Please find the full Patch Notes below:

Cockpit UI
  • Fixed an issue that caused multiple modules to appear to change priorities instead of just the one that was selected
  • Fixed a small performance stutter when opening the modules tab
Crashes/Stability
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when handing in a mission
  • Fixed the issue causing a softlock at mission boards (and removed the workaround missions)
Exploration
  • Fixed an issue where the system map was missing Commander names for First Discovered and First Mapped
General
  • (Xbox One only) Replaced 'Debug Test' text that appeared when giving a ship a name or ID on Xbox One with 'Enter Ship Name/ID'
  • Fixed missing Flak Launcher VFX
  • Fixed an issue that stopped some previously allowed characters from being able to be used in ship IDs
Network
  • Fixed an issue where some types of non-Ethernet connections were rejected
  • Further work has been made towards restoring VPN connections by:
    • (PC only) Adding ability for players to select which network adapter to use in the network options list (VPN connections will appear here)
      • Note if you change the selected Network Adapter here, you will also need to restart the game
    • Stopping the game from terminating if unable to connect to a network. This allows players into the network options screen to check that their VPN connection is selected
Render
  • (Xbox One only) Fixed a screen tearing issue on Xbox One when in 4k Quality mode

Greetings Commanders,

The Elite Dangerous servers will be offline for all platforms on the 10 October at 07:00 (UTC) to apply the September Update - Patch 3.

Thank you for your understanding.

Please find the full Patch Notes below:

Cockpit UI
  • Fixed an issue that caused multiple modules to appear to change priorities instead of just the one that was selected
  • Fixed a small performance stutter when opening the modules tab
Crashes/Stability
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when handing in a mission
  • Fixed the issue causing a softlock at mission boards (and removed the workaround missions)
Exploration
  • Fixed an issue where the system map was missing Commander names for First Discovered and First Mapped
General
  • (Xbox One only) Replaced 'Debug Test' text that appeared when giving a ship a name or ID on Xbox One with 'Enter Ship Name/ID'
  • Fixed missing Flak Launcher VFX
  • Fixed an issue that stopped some previously allowed characters from being able to be used in ship IDs
Network
    • (PC only) Adding ability for players to select which network adapter to use in the network options list (VPN connections will appear here)
      • Note if you change the selected Network Adapter here, you will also need to restart the game
    • Stopping the game from terminating if unable to connect to a network. This allows players into the network options screen to check that their VPN connection is selected
Render
  • (Xbox One only) Fixed a screen tearing issue on Xbox One when in 4k Quality mode
Thank you. I'm not mocking, I'm just going to say that I hope you tested things thoroughly this time.

Edit: I just realized we ran out of September...

Network
HEYOOOOOOO!

- Fixed an issue that caused multiple modules to appear to change priorities instead of just the one that was selected

Does that mean the module priorities issues are fixed altogether or is it still meta to relog after each change? Just yesterday, I found the game had changed my shield and thruster priorities from 1 to 5 after jumping, and all the other priorities I had set were off too (mainly 4). Deploy beams, shields and thrusters out imediately, but hooray, the Guardian FSD booster had been set to a lower priority instead and kept working. That would be the more severe issue to look after.

Otherwise, \o/

O7,
🙃

Top Bottom