Patch Notes September Update - Patch 3

I played yesterday and everything was fine with my hotas ( T flight x 1 ) I updated the launcher, and the hotas would NOT work. I went through the unplugging and replgging routine and rebooted my pc and everything worked PERFECTLY in all menu's UNTILL I hit the launch button. Then my hotas acts dead. I checked the control options and they are all still bound. Does anybody have any ideas why it works perfect untill I hit the launch button ? I also validated the game files and they are ok. Thanks for any help.

Hey FD, maybe there are some problems...
...but for my part I am happy about the further development and have no general problems at the moment.
:) (y)

I played yesterday and everything was fine with my hotas ( T flight x 1 ) I updated the launcher, and the hotas would NOT work. I went through the unplugging and replgging routine and rebooted my pc and everything worked PERFECTLY in all menu's UNTILL I hit the launch button. Then my hotas acts dead. I checked the control options and they are all still bound. Does anybody have any ideas why it works perfect untill I hit the launch button ? I also validated the game files and they are ok. Thanks for any help.
alternative flightcontrol accidentally enabled? Try checking it and perhaps retracting landinggear?
cheers
DZ

Have a few brave volunteers beta test the December 2019 update for a couple of months on diverse platforms before this is deemed ready for released.

Paige and others have mentioned in streams and posts that Frontier is yet to announce anything in regards to bringing back a PTS, but hopefully it makes a comeback.
Plenty of commanders are happy to provide their time to help test updates, for free!

Advanced Docking Computer?
(Throttle up should disengage it / turn off in "SHIP" panel)

"It's cold outside, there's no kind of atmosphere,
I'm all alone, more or less.
Let me fly, far away from here,
Fun, fun, fun, In the sun, sun, sun...."

<LISTER> Kryten, raise the shields and engage the Frameshift drive!
<KRYTEN> Excellent suggestion sir, with only two minor drawbacks....:LOL:

Sorry guys, this happens to me every now and again since I have the Leo COVAS.
Voiced by Holly (y)
I have the same Covas! It's great!

Network
  • Fixed an issue where some types of non-Ethernet connections were rejected
  • Further work has been made towards restoring VPN connections by:
    • (PC only) Adding ability for players to select which network adapter to use in the network options list (VPN connections will appear here)
      • Note if you change the selected Network Adapter here, you will also nee
OK sooooo if our VPN adapter now no longer shows up in the logs or in the game options...?

Great Patch Forntier, unfortunately it didn't actually fix the mission board soft-lock:

lemon_12ixjh7.jpg

I've reported this in the initial 'notice' thread, the PC subforum and the 'September Update - Patch 2'-thread. None of these have received an official reply despite at least one user being able to reproduce it. Again, it would be really nice if people could see if they can reproduce this and report back - either in this thread or any of the other threads.

As far as I can tell the soft-lock is not fixed and Frontier are either unaware or actively denying that the bug still exist. An official reply regarding this would be appreciated.

So now we have filed a new bug report https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/8434 to try to get the issue acknowledged again, and hopefully the fix checked in slightly more detail before declaring it sorted.

Frontier, if you're still reading by page 11, I would appreciate not having to go through the rigmarole of getting this bug confirmed by ten corroborators a second time.
Credit where due, we didn't have to, and it got fixed today. Thanks Frontier.

Back to actually trying to improve their research levels now. :)

We filed a bug report
For 3.5.3 our bug report was marked as Fixed! Yay!

...and then we checked in-game, and it was not fixed, and nothing had changed. Except that now the bug report is closed and we can't re-open it or comment on it or say "hang on a moment".
So now we have filed a new bug report
Frontier, if you're still reading by page 11, I would appreciate not having to go through the rigmarole of getting this bug confirmed by ten corroborators a second time.

Sounds like we really need a redo of the tracking system...

Time will tell as to whether all this updates bugs are gone or not, but let me say that the graphic bug aka the delay when switching to the modules menu in ship is NOT gone, it is still there and still irritating.

I cant use the FSS, it says to hold the discovery scan button down....i thought we were done with that now!?
"Energy pulse required to calibrate FSS sensors."
You need to honk for the FSS to work.
What made you think that part of using the FSS was going to be dropped?

September Update: 3 new features and 38 fixes to existing bugs
( New User Experience, New Livery screens, New virtual currency ) No new game play or ships or anything for existing players.

Instead of new good stuff we got bugs, lot's of bugs and not the fun type that we need to hunt down and shoot in the face.

Then came Patch 1: 4 fixes
Then came Patch 2:
39 fixes
Then came Patch 3: 11 fixes

I'm guessing when Patch 4 comes out we'll be at about 60 fixes in totals, that would be a nice round number of 20 times more bugs than features introduced by the 'small' September update.
My suggestion to FDev is: If you have not done a feature freeze on the December update and are now in deep in a full QA process then don't even think about releasing in December.

September Update: 3 new features and 38 fixes to existing bugs
( New User Experience, New Livery screens, New virtual currency ) No new game play or ships or anything for existing players.

Instead of new good stuff we got bugs, lot's of bugs and not the fun type that we need to hunt down and shoot in the face.

Then came Patch 1: 4 fixes
Then came Patch 2:
39 fixes
Then came Patch 3: 11 fixes

I'm guessing when Patch 4 comes out we'll be at about 60 fixes in totals, that would be a nice round number of 20 times more bugs than features introduced by the 'small' September update.
My suggestion to FDev is: If you have not done a feature freeze on the December update and are now in deep in a full QA process then don't even think about releasing in December.

I've got bad news for you: I don't think there is going to be a patch four. I am amazed we got three patches. I suspect what is broken will remain broken until the December update where a bunch of new bugs will be introduced and only a discreet minority of existing bugs will be addressed. You know, Frontier's usual modus operandi.

Top Bottom