Patch Notes September Update - Patch 3

I've still never found a reason to unlock Palin, but then, I finished unlocking all the engineers I needed back before moving to Colonia, have Elvira pinned for all my FSD needs since she has nothing else of value, and I have Mel here if I were to ever need a high grade thruster mod for a ship I didn't mind losing too much max mass on and so not being able to mount all my preferred optional modules in.

Which so far shows no sign of happening.

While I like that the module priority adjustment bug was fixed, I do not appreciate the new limpet collector bugs. Cannot have fragments/materials targeted, or there's chance the collector will die.

Last edited:
Fix the head jerk!

Head jerk? What head jerk do you mean?

I hope we're getting a patch four and I realy realy hope they do something about the long scan times for geological sites in the FSS.
That would make exloration fun to me again.
I realy would like to make another trip to Sag A now that they've fixed the disappearing of stars and the hard edges/cubes, the long scanning times keep me from doing that however.

Head jerk? What head jerk do you mean?
This:

You may not notice it if you are out exploring. I see it mostly around stations, but sometimes in SC as well.

This:

You may not notice it if you are out exploring. I see it mostly around stations, but sometimes in SC as well.

I can only speak for myself and I'm on Xbox not on PC but since patch 3 ED runs about as smooth as prior to the initial September update.
I'm not out exploring atm but running missions so I visit a lot of stations, I haven't noticed this stuttering myself though.
It seems that the screen tearing was only fixed for the One X in 4k quality too so your problem is probably not fixed either.

It's time for a patch 4 imho.

Patch 4 when they bring out the Panther Clipper which will be ............. good question

On the plus side at least frontier are not the only ones leaving bugs in, Microsoft are legendary for it too.

And in intended to work that way:

Target something : Limpet brings it back and dies
Target nothing: Limpet brings stuff back until it dies

Yet another 'bug' that is actually a feature someone doesn't know about ;)
The sad thing is though, while the september patch did bring new bugs (mining was broken for a while, and it took them a while longer to fix the module priority bug), the limpets were working perfectly for me. They managed to fix the limpet dying on return bug (they were only dying on me when hitting an asteroid), whilst now it seems the "the first batch will always die", forcing me to have to time limpet launches in a manner that they don't all return same time on first batch (otherwise they all die).

The sad thing is though, while the september patch did bring new bugs (mining was broken for a while, and it took them a while longer to fix the module priority bug), the limpets were working perfectly for me. They managed to fix the limpet dying on return bug (they were only dying on me when hitting an asteroid), whilst now it seems the "the first batch will always die", forcing me to have to time limpet launches in a manner that they don't all return same time on first batch (otherwise they all die).
Hmm. May have experienced this, but collecting from HGEs.
I'm not convinced, but I'll keep an eye on it.
(Unfortunately my manufactured mats and Arx are maxed out at the moment :().

I hope we're getting a patch four and I realy realy hope they do something about the long scan times for geological sites in the FSS.
Until they reduce the time needed to display scan results that include planet sites, I just zoom in and immediately back out and when I’m done scanning everything I want to do, I go check the nav panel to see which planets have sites I might want to check out. You don’t need to wait for the scan to display the sites to have the information you need.
Regards.

Until they reduce the time needed to display scan results that include planet sites, I just zoom in and immediately back out and when I’m done scanning everything I want to do, I go check the nav panel to see which planets have sites I might want to check out. You don’t need to wait for the scan to display the sites to have the information you need.
Regards.

Thanks for the tip, I'm gonna give that a try.

Regards.

Okay call me daft but where in the nav panel can I see if there are geological or biological sites.
I'm in a system with at least one planet with geological sites but I have no clue where to see that mentioned in the nav panel.

Top Bottom