September Update Thoughts?

As I spend most of my time out in the black, I kind of liked needing to go to port to change cosmetics. Felt more like a component of meaningful game-play that way than a frivolous whim. Like coming back from DW2 to apply the DW2 decal.

Only thing I had hoped and asked for in this regard is that paint jobs didn't degrade as quickly, so my ships don't look like they've gone to Beagle Point and back unless they actually have.

Last edited:
Then wait until you return to port and change your skins there.
It undermines their value to me in the game, so I'm less inclined to want to bother with them at all. If anything, I'll hurry up to come back from DW2 to change them before the update.

Oh well.

I expect it will be a massive disappointment that will spark people saying it's disappointing with others saying they gave what they said.

Then I expect Fdev to needlessly go silent until they disappoint us in December.

this will be followed by more silence before they will stun us with the reveal of 2020 before finally disappointing us with a terrible implementation of it.
Wow, get a life outside ED...
Just wow!

It undermines their value to me in the game, so I'm less inclined to want to bother with them at all.

Oh well.
I feel the same way when I have to play music with an external player and not through the sys panel.
Say what you want about an alt-tab being a minor immersion breaker, but nothing breaks immersion quite like Postman Pat blaring through my headphones right after a metal playlist.

Christ you're a living breathing first world problem meme.
Wanting to change cosmetics out in the black seems more like a first world sort of meme thing, but suit yourself either way. 🤷‍♂️

Keep in mind we're discussing a video game on a video game forum. Not much good for a pot to call a kettle black here either way.

Besides, I happen to prefer "Tactical Graphite" over "Black Friday" anyway... :p

Pw7fwtb.jpg

Cheers.

Last edited:
This update holds zero interest for me.

I don't buy cosmetics because they are on the whole of poor quality so ARX and the ability to change your ship skin whilst flying are completely irrelevant.

I'm not a noob so I don't care about the starter experience (only 5 yrs too late...good job FD...talk about backwards design philosophy)

Are they planning to fix any of the plethora of long term persistent bugs? That is my only hope for this update.

I know these are minor updates but this is so thin on content it's barely worthy of being called an update. The word underwhelmed springs to mind.

It undermines their value to me in the game, so I'm less inclined to want to bother with them at all. If anything, I'll hurry up to come back from DW2 to change them before the update.

Oh well.
Better play in Solo as well, because I'm going to park in front of you and change my paint jobs as fast as possible as you are forced to watch Clockwork Orange style - it's the new form of griefing!

Better play in Solo as well, because I'm going to park in front of you and change my paint jobs as fast as possible as you are forced to watch Clockwork Orange style - it's the new form of griefing!
It's more disappointing than annoying, and I'm not really worried so much about what other players care to do in the game.

I see it as a game-play concession for the sake of convenience for some and cosmetic sales, not a compelling component of the sort of game I thought Frontier was intending to make.

Last edited:
Wanting to change cosmetics out in the black seems more like a first world sort of meme thing, but suit yourself either way. 🤷‍♂️

Keep in mind we're discussing a video game on a video game forum. Not much good for a pot to call a kettle black here either way.

Besides, I happen to prefer "Tactical Graphite" over "Black Friday" anyway... :p

Pw7fwtb.jpg

Cheers.
Tactical Graphite is the ideal colour for this:

The interior finish is an excellent match :)

Deleted member 38366

D
I for one expect them to be super excited and amazed, which will be transported via a release livestream.

Other than that though? Nothing really, so far nothing of interest has been announced for the Sep Update.
At best, we'll see some bugfixes and a brand new batch of new (or old) bugs.

I hate to say it but this update I have zero interest in so far. I hope they have something else to show us before then. I really dont like this ARX.

it`s a good idea to purchase cosmetics in the game with ARX credits.
because at the current time the number of cosmetics is taking up storage space.
Just sitting there doing bo diddley squat.

PS..

I hope one day, the AI will use them

Top Bottom