Patch Notes Update Server Turbulence - 12 December 2018

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]I have error message: [/FONT]Fallen Servers according to launcher error connection 15 December 2018 17:30h (+ 1UTC)

Hey!
That's my copyright!
You make your own.

Dear person or persons reading this,

Please take note, I do not accept this application on the grounds that it's just not cricket!

Yours with apologies for taking your time up,
Slightly put-out in Cambridge

Better?

Im being patiant since the update, but all of this problem are a pain in the ***.....
Cmon guys, let us play...... Almost a entire week to solve problems that must be detectec in beta....
Run de PDCA and, at least, make future BETAS bigger and better.....

5 days already and its not yet fixed, how long do we have to wait to actually play and enjoy playing? this is exactly why an Always Online Game is a bad idea, many things can go wrong
and up till now we never as players got any words from frontier that they are working on this issue, you already know how many copies of the game have been bought, you should already manage how Many players are playing at the same time, its simple math really and i'm not mad i'm just frustrated because you don't seem to care

I dont think adding up sold products accounts for then making a server that allows them all to play at the same time...Highly doubt its as "simple" as math.

I agree that a game such as Elite, being an "online" only game, cant afford and shouldnt allow issues like this to happen as often and for the duration it does. I have no idea what is causing the issues but whatever it is, they should really make sure they fix it with a huge margin to make sure its future proof.

Im being patiant since the update, but all of this problem are a pain in the ***.....
Cmon guys, let us play...... Almost a entire week to solve problems that must be detectec in beta....
Run de PDCA and, at least, make future BETAS bigger and better.....

The amount of players during the beta was likely far less then now. But yeah, they need to be better at forseeing these kind of issues.

I can't log in from the XBone either now.

Let's assume this is a good thing - means they're doing something to fix the problem right? Right? Pretty please with a cherry on top?

apparently, during Betas they do stress tests.

Let's assume half of the player base doesn't care about the beta, so you already have less load on the servers...
Then, on release, all the players that didn't try the beta want to try the new features, that increases the server load by roughly the double, maybe a bit less...

Now take all the players that have left the game until a new update comes in who didn't play the Beta, and didn't play the game before the Beta...

My guess is, the servers can't take the load at this point and just give up on weekends when the player count is a lot higher than on weekdays...

I think we will see a fix soon, but not before Monday... Sadly...

Can't log in either. Even the Launcher is crashing now. O'boy. Poor tech/support guys, their weekend is ruined, but it's better they get it done this weekend and not the next. When I was consulting, servers always broke down during Christmas and New Years. :D

Yep, Upon a phone call, I often have to travel to the far side of the country at the weekend, to lie underneath a truck in the rain and get it going on a moments notice for pittance to ensure that our customers are happy. The least that I expect from FDev is for someone local to pop over to the office in their car and have a quick look. If i can't be fixed now, fair enough, but try.... (Edit) Upon re-reading this sounds dis-respectful. Not intended. I am sure that they are trying.

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom