Patch Notes Update Server Turbulence - 12 December 2018

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Loaded game for 2nd night in a row and errors abound, started with chat errors and now adjudication errors and cant even log in. rip.

Hi folks, not sure if this is seen by others but I have been playing for quite a few hours today. I have been farming a High RES for credits via bounty hunting. I can get logged in OK BUT..... Issues I have are:

1). game freezes occasionally then continues

2). ships I am fighting just disappear to another part of the ring, not by flying in the usual way, they just jump from view and reappear somewhere else (lag?).

3). game runs very jittery, it never used to.

4). Can't keep a target locked - lock a target and try to KW scan it but the lock keeps breaking. Also after engaging a target and the indicators for it turn Red, the lock keeps breaking and cycling through lots of other ships. Lord knows how I have not yet killed a cop!

all the best
CMDR Bob-Ski

Last edited:

Deleted member 169557

D
These guys from Frontier, whether they're on their servers or not, do not work? ... according to the launcher, everything is fine, but ... IT IS NOT! ¬¬

Thanks for the update, probably just the goldrush trying to tag everything ;)

You ain't kidding... in game with no problems now... except... there's nothing left in most of the central bubble to "First Map".... it's like a hoard of cartographic locusts have breezed thru!!!!
Conspiracy Theory = There is a secret group of mad-mappers who closed down the Adjudication Servers for everyone except them... all mapped out?... good let the hoards in to map now (the server "GO" switches are now on)!!..MUHAHAHAHA

P.S. I was parked up ready, in my very remote (in bubble) home system*, gonna get "First Mapped" for sure..... no chance after the Adjudication Servers had their way with me!!!

* Why did I want to map my home system so bad?... well I've written a 145K word ED novel based on that home system (see my Sig for a link) and it would have closed the final chapter for me..lol

o7

Last edited:
I had a couple of little freezes (that could just as easily be my underspec laptop) and lost comms connection (twice, and briefly) but had a smooth server session otherwise during a 3 hour session this evening, 6-9 UTC.

Server Status says : OK with my launcher. Haven`t been able to login for more than 3 seconds though... Yesterday was better with `Server Issues Detected`. And I`m in the UK...

Oh well. Might as well listen to some Hawkwind.

I've logged in and out several times today with no issues but later in the afternoon I started getting glitches with the targeting system and I'm still getting them now (11pm UK time) when I've targeted something, it appears all other craft that cross my screen cause themselves to be the new target. In a busy high RES site (I'm in LTT 18486) the target selected changes every second or so. Very unsettling indeed. It has gotten so bad that I've now had to stop playing the game for a while. I hope FD know or can find what has caused this bug. Has anyone else got this issue?

Been solid tonight, managed to finish my trip to Sag A* and get started on my way back to Colonia. Let's hope that it all goes well for everyone, just in time for the weekend :D

fwiw:

xbox one, Europe, since patchday, continuously :(

"unable to get up to date mission list from server"

Guess FD got enough support tickets to know there is a problem. ;)

Sorry commanders and most of all SORRY to Frontier Developments. I have reported a falsehood. Oh how circumstances can lead you in the wrong direction eh! just at the time we were having server issues my target system was also corrupt.

My targeting issues have NOTHING to do with the game code or the server, it is in fact MY CRAPPY SAITEK X-56 RHINO. I opened up the Logitech programming software and did some tests on the stick. There I found that every time I twisted the grip it also activated the little thumb stick on the left of the column, which is where my targeting system was located, so as well as turning the spaceship it was also changing the target.

Sorry commanders and most of all SORRY to Frontier Developments. I have reported a falsehood. Oh how circumstances can lead you in the wrong direction eh! just at the time we were having server issues my target system was also corrupt.

My targeting issues have NOTHING to do with the game code or the server, it is in fact MY CRAPPY SAITEK X-56 RHINO. I opened up the Logitech programming software and did some tests on the stick. There I found that every time I twisted the grip it also activated the little thumb stick on the left of the column, which is where my targeting system was located, so as well as turning the spaceship it was also changing the target.

At least it's fixed...
And this forum is all too familiar with Saitek/Madkatz hardware features.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom