Patch Notes Update Server Turbulence - 12 December 2018

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.

Paige Harvey

Community Manager
Good evening Commanders,

Thoughout the evening we have seen reports of players being unable to log on to the Elite Dangerous servers, and our teams have been tirelessly investigating and working to rectify this.

Within the last half an hour we've seen reports of players entering the game, however we will continue to carefully monitor the situation and stabilise the servers.

Thank you for your patience at this time, and we sincerely apologise for the inconvenience!

Thank for the update Paige. I think the number of players entering the game is not the best indicator as a large number of those will be thrown out when they try to change instance (or ship, or go to the mission board). One indicator would be the number of players whose launcher is atill reporting "server issues", and I'm guessing that would be most of the Europe based PC players from the comments on the boards.

player entering the game because less players are entering the game? your fix is to hope for less players?

Most of Europe (probably one of the largest player bases) has probably given up and gone to bed, so the rest of the world can probably play just fine through the night...

2 days without playing.

1) It is a shame.
2) Open beta shows that it is a useless step in delivering process.
3) As a LEP owner i feel deeply spoiled by the actual game direction and the way LEP owners are granted of "goodies" instead of paid content.

Last edited:
Most of Europe (probably one of the largest player bases) has probably given up and gone to bed, so the rest of the world can probably play just fine through the night...

Nope.. I still show SERVER ISSUES DETECTED and have been since about 1300 hrs local time.

Thank for the update Paige. I think the number of players entering the game is not the best indicator as a large number of those will be thrown out when they try to change instance (or ship, or go to the mission board). One indicator would be the number of players whose launcher is atill reporting "server issues", and I'm guessing that would be most of the Europe based PC players from the comments on the boards.

I'm in New Jersey and I've had the launcher constantly displaying 'Server Issues' for two days.

No login allowed.

Does this include the ED store? I want a new Covas but apparently it "looks like something went wrong".

Bought one about 10 minutes ago - no issues for me ...

Nope.. I still show SERVER ISSUES DETECTED and have been since about 1300 hrs local time.

Pretty sure that's an old message left from yesterday, it was showing that all day and I had no issues - until the last few hours when it broke again. A better indication is the number of friends showing as at 'main menu' ;)

Up on Canada, getting "Issues Detected" in the game launcher.

2 attempts at jumping systems left me in witch-space for several minutes before a timeout due to unreachable adjudicator server.

Guess I'll go be a dad or something..

OK, Still have the SERVER ISSUED DETECTED but I was able to get both commanders online and winged up.

Didn't do much beyond that when I realized that there have been major changes to the COMMS and SYSTEMS menus layout.

Still can not stay connected for more than a few minutes. Adjudication Server error............... Truly wasn't thought out about the release of this update and the possible influx of players. I am sick of loading up Elite and playing for a mere 1-3 minutes before disconnect ever since this update went live. Getting old real fast!

It has been like this, mostly, since the update.
Many aspects of the game are broken.
isn't a beta phase supposed to identify these problems so you can sort them out before the Update goes live?
While the Update delivers some excellent improvements, if it can't be played - what is the point?
Poor showing, Frontier.

FWIW, although not a a LEP holder, I think anyone that is has been short-changed.

Despite ISSUES DETECTED I've had a reasonable start - though yesterday after 7pm I gave up and then at 2330 got on again ok excetp for one long hang.
Today again ISSUES DETECTED but I did a coubple of missions without being thrown off. Maybe in deepest Bedfordshire the loading was lower or sumfink....
Keep up the Grind at FDEV - you'll win in the end (even if you loose all your players)-;...

I think the "SERVER ISSUES DETECTED' is a generic announcement that goes worldwide no matter what areas are having problems. For instance for the entire time since finishing the update I have not had a single problem logging in or playing the game or any disconnects during the game (the twist control on my joystick died but no matter how I work it I can't figure a way to put the blame on FDEV and request a free replacement, oh well) but then again I live in a remote area in Australia, so I rarely get matched with other players, so personally I think it is something to do with the matchmaking or P2P networking that's causing the issue.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom