Patch Notes Update Server Turbulence - 12 December 2018

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I know its just server issued but now the launcher is asking me to "purchase" the game in order to play :D
FD, if you need money you can just ask!

Last edited:
I'm getting...

Unexpected response from server.

Service Unavailable.

I didn't expect that!

Last edited:
Same here, central europe 17:25 local time, server hiccups. Take your time fixing it, i'll play some Rebel Galaxy in the meantime.

They had warning in beta for this issue - no Frontier Help status updates (that I'm aware of) - overall quite worrying.

Brilliant - I finally get a chance to play and it's broken.
I'm off to object to random planning applications in the Cambridge area - let that sit in FD's conscience.

Brilliant - I finally get a chance to play and it's broken.
I'm off to object to random planning applications in the Cambridge area - let that sit in FD's conscience.

To Whom it may concern

I object to this application for planning!

Yours,
Angry in Cambridge

To Whom it may concern

I object to this application for planning!

Yours,
Angry in Cambridge

"I find this application incongruous in the street scene due to both its size and bulk and my inability to tinker with my python in an on-line game. GOOD DAY, SIR!"

Here's my take/educated guess on what's happening, based on my experiments/attempts to play since Tuesday evening.

Each time you log into a game session the Adjudication Server reads the last line of data from your previous save history to establish where to spawn you and in what state. It then creates a fresh page for your current session. Any subsequent progress in this session, such as a jump to super-cruise, a planetary landing, a download of listed missions etc. then gets auto-saved to the current session's history page. My experience is that I can only get to do one of any of these things per session before I get the Adjudication Server error. When I restart I tend to be right back where I was before initiating the jump or landing or whatever.

This makes me think that this is a simple programming error whereby the game is only allowing one save to be written per session. I could be wrong but I don't think this is down to server overload or ddos attack.

What's puzzling is that it doesn't appear to be happening to everyone. I see others posting on the forum about how they're enjoying (or not) the new tools. So what's the common factor between us lot posting on this thread?

Me, I'm playing in the UK (Hampshire) via XBox with wired connection to a Netgear router connected to a Virgin Media Hub 3.0 in modem mode. I started playing in November of 2017. I'm currently trying to rank up my credits by flying passenger missions in the California Sector with an Anaconda.

needs to be fixed

5 days already and its not yet fixed, how long do we have to wait to actually play and enjoy playing? this is exactly why an Always Online Game is a bad idea, many things can go wrong
and up till now we never as players got any words from frontier that they are working on this issue, you already know how many copies of the game have been bought, you should already manage how Many players are playing at the same time, its simple math really and i'm not mad i'm just frustrated because you don't seem to care

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom