Patch Notes Update Server Turbulence - 12 December 2018

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
In the beta, you can predict the amont of load from this reduced player count.
You can even make a analyses of the exponential load in server based on player count.

On Steam, its says +6200 players "in game" (at least with the laucher open).
I noticed the this servers issues happens with 5.000 more players "in game".

IF there are some programming erros, 5 days are time enought to fix.
I beleave that the new features are create much more load in server them predicted, and now they are trying to reprogramming things and optimeze the game to fit on avaliable process capacity of the server.

I beleave they are trying to put a wing on the plane.... in flight...... a total BETA fail...

You can even make a analyses of the exponential load in server based on player count.

I beleave that the new features are create much more load in server them predicted, and now they are trying to reprogramming things and optimeze the game to fit on avaliable process capacity of the server.

I beleave they are trying to put a wing on the plane.... in flight...... a total BETA fail...

Take him on job FDev. He would fix everything in 5 days!
Couch expert lol.

Yeah, but most of the game is running on the amazon cloud service of flexible virtual machines.
If they needed more server processing this should automatically create new servers as needed.

This is something a bit more crucial, but most likely tied to the login authenticators directly.
There has been some wonky ness going around and half my country lost internet last night between 22:00 and 01:00.

Last outage was a DNS reboot a few years ago that lasted fifteen minutes so we aren't quite used to that anymore :p

Well I managed to launch from Darwin Research Facility and land on planet 5 without a crash. That's a first since the update on Tuesday.

Feels like a fix to me - I'm off to make some credits! :D

Uh-oh... spoke too soon. Launching off the planet put me in the infinite blue hole again. !

On Steam, its says +6200 players "in game" ........

No disrespect to what you're saying but... for the love of Mary don't quote Steam player count as some sort of representative number... I know loads of folks that play ED and not one of them 'NOT ONE' launch the game through Steam, even though a few may have bought the game through steam they don't use steam to launch it.

Loading... loading... just maybe....

... IN!!!

Finally. Ok. I guess the "First Mapped By" is done by now. Missed so many chances this week because of the login problems.

Last edited:
Haven't played for six months but put a lot into posting about this game back in the day.

Thought I'd check out the new patch - currently (Saturday 15th December) still achieving between 3 and 10 seconds before crash. That's as good as it has got since the patch dropped: 10 seconds before crash.

Live in UK, high-spec PC, no 3rd party apps running, never had a problem before.

Guess I picked a bad time to check back...

No disrespect to what you're saying but... for the love of Mary don't quote Steam player count as some sort of representative number... I know loads of folks that play ED and not one of them 'NOT ONE' launch the game through Steam, even though a few may have bought the game through steam they don't use steam to launch it.

Sure, but if Steam player count is rising, then it makes sense to assume that non-steam player count is too. At least usually...
At the moment, until after Christmas, Steam is selling the Cmdr Ed for <£10, and following a publicised update this could skew the numbers.

Even so, there are a lot of people playing now, on whatever platform, so instability could be related, even though there's no way Steam numbers can predict absolute numbers.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom