Patch Notes Update Server Turbulence - 12 December 2018

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Oculus Home launches desktop only nothing in VR

game launches from Oculus Home, Rift shows ED graphic with "loading...." at the bottom, doesn't change after 30 minutes or so, meanwhile the desktop monitor shows the game working normally. anyone else have this problem?

Fear not, there are hidden depths in this game. Despite FDev's best efforts.

Oh the game is lovely, and there's nothing I like more than being alone out in the black seeing what there is to see...
Right now though, I am trying to get the last few bits of trade rank (to get from Tycoon to Elite) and celebrate a double... a triple is too far away to consider right now, so come January, I'll probably be heading out again... but in what ship, I have no idea.

Oh the game is lovely, and there's nothing I like more than being alone out in the black seeing what there is to see...
Right now though, I am trying to get the last few bits of trade rank (to get from Tycoon to Elite) and celebrate a double... a triple is too far away to consider right now, so come January, I'll probably be heading out again... but in what ship, I have no idea.

The very best of luck with that. Go for it.

But let's not take the pressure off Paige Harvey. We need to hear her opinions. She is the OP.

game is terrible atm

colors not good
frame rate not good
hazres you just can not play
oculus has major problems here

next time FD if you want to update and add stuff
just forget about it and create a new game so we can choose to stay in the old game

Comwhiners

I really don't understand why there are so many whiners. Before ED I spent 60 bucks on star citizen which at the time was not even playable and still isn't. Here is a game that I spent the regular amount that I would pay for a game except that they change it to keep it interesting every few months, and don't ask for any more money. Still people are whining... boohoo the servers are down for a bit. They've only been up 99 percent of the time... Really? We don't want your kind here, go find another game if you're not happy, see if you can play the same game, and still enjoy it after 2 years for the one time cost.

• Like (+1)
Reactions: Tib
I really don't understand why there are so many whiners. Before ED I spent 60 bucks on star citizen which at the time was not even playable and still isn't. Here is a game that I spent the regular amount that I would pay for a game except that they change it to keep it interesting every few months, and don't ask for any more money. Still people are whining... boohoo the servers are down for a bit. They've only been up 99 percent of the time... Really? We don't want your kind here, go find another game if you're not happy, see if you can play the same game, and still enjoy it after 2 years for the one time cost.

Currently ED is unplayable in the way me and my friends want to play, there is a big issue with wings and instancing, there is also the fact you get kicked often from the servers, game freezes often, I could go on but the list of issues would take all day to write down, and what kind is it you don't want here? we pays our money we are entitled to point out issues.

To help you understand... It's not the issues within the game that's the trouble, it's the lack of response from Frontier - that's the problem.

I would like to apologise to Frontier and any interested forum users for causing confusion.

I have discovered that the cause of my game 'crashing' was in fact a change in the interrelation between the Oculus Rift app and ED.

Basically, exiting the Oculus app should only close ED if ED is running in VR. However, at some point (whether due to the 3.3 patch or a change at the Oculus end, or both, idk) exiting the Oculus app has started to force ED to quit even if ED is running in 2D.

Hence my own issue had nothing to do with server instability and was actually a force quit rather than a crash.

Sincere apologies once again.

Who the frik is we?

The whiners paid for the game too... and if it weren't for other people paying then you'd have no ED

CrownRoyal2560.
I think this fine fellow must be the spokesperson for Frontier.
But really we do need to hear from Paige Harvey.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom