Patch Notes Update Server Turbulence - 16 Jan 2019

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
oh come on... is it DW2 who is crashing everyone else? If so, do something about it and stop DW2 and those type of events. This isn't funny at all. Game crashes lead to game quitters. The last 3 times I tried to play I had only issues. I have plenty of patience for grind IN the game.
thanks!

Nice to be alerted. Still having issues login on due to server error @ 20.52 GMT onwards. Fingers crossed its sorted soon.

oh come on... is it DW2 who is crashing everyone else? If so, do something about it and stop DW2 and those type of events. This isn't funny at all. Game crashes lead to game quitters. The last 3 times I tried to play I had only issues. I have plenty of patience for grind IN the game.
thanks!

Patch notes dude, they are literally doing something about it

It'll buff out, promise, but not by you looking to blame people or groups for it.

It'll buff out, promise, but not by you looking to blame people or groups for it.

It's not clear what is being done. The patch notes are vague in terms of what they fix in terms of server stability.

A specific gripe: are they extending the mission timers for when the servers are broken?

It's not about complaining. If the servers are not up to such demanding events, they should not take place. It's bad not only for people who normally play, but also for the "Sunday players".
This last week in particular I could not log in once without something happening either before or during the session.
When somebody takes the time to write in the forum, even complaining, is always good. Or at least that's my opinion

DW2 should have been put back till they at least stabilised the program.
Buggiest update ever, yeah lets throw a few thousand explorers at it, should be fun.
Meanwhile all those folks who bought ED in the Steam sale have probably uninstalled and Bought X4

The only standing joke here is the complete reliability of people complaining on the internet.

The forums are upset, but if the reason the servers have been so unstable is a massive influx of new/returning players, brought together by an in-game event, breaking the game by gathering together; that is the single BEST reason for server issues, means the game is thriving(which is a good thing). Complaining doesn't fix servers, people do, and those people are working on it.

Well said.

Patch notes mean very little. The only thing that counts are actual patches and anyone who can't remember at least of dozen times when Fdev said something was fixed and it wasn't, either is new or has a very short memory.

I had a bit of a problem last night because the server was intermittently down and I was in the process of outfitting my ship. Unfortunately, it seems to have taken double the amount for a refinery, leaving me with almost no money.

Server issues

Seriously. Nothing is ruining online game experience like server issues we're having around the clock since 3.3

Too true. Unable to connect at all at 0907 GMT today - patch isn’t due for 40 minutes and the servers have already fallen over! This is just incompetent.

The only standing joke here is the complete reliability of people complaining on the internet.

The forums are upset, but if the reason the servers have been so unstable is a massive influx of new/returning players, brought together by an in-game event, breaking the game by gathering together; that is the single BEST reason for server issues, means the game is thriving(which is a good thing). Complaining doesn't fix servers, people do, and those people are working on it.

No, the problem, very likely, is that frontier didnt buy enough bandwidth and as long as people are still spending money in the store they probably wont.

The same thing applies to the long standing bugs in the game, they arent going to be fixed until people stop throwing money at frontier for mediocre quality control.

Last edited:
No, the problem, very likely, is that frontier didnt buy enough bandwidth and as long as people are still spending money in the store they probably wont.

The same thing applies to the long standing bugs in the game, they arent going to be fixed until people stop throwing money at frontier for mediocre quality control.

One minor, very irritating, but easily fixed problem is that the launcher doesn't clearly show what's happening. It frequently claims the server status is OK when it's not. That the servers are going down (now?) wasn't even listed when I checked 30 minutes ago. It's basic communication. Rather than spending time on pushing annoying cosmetic items for real cash.

Servers will be down in 30 minutes... one more time.
How can you blame people complaining?!?

Many of us can not play whenever we want. And the few times we can... guess what?

That would be good Brett thanks. These adjudication server crashes are way too common and annoying now. 6 to 8 times a night.
Also said it many times so hoping you guys see this again, when will FDEV communicate openly with its community more, Powerplay open only or scrapped its nearly dead in open play right now. Future expansions, a lot of explorers cane back after 3.0 for DW2 and the exploration upgrades but that’s just part of your community. The rest of us would like some clarification on what, if anything is happening! Just asking Brett 😉

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom