Servers down ?

Yea i got on then 10 minutes in booted me off. I dont mind server maintenance and such but the communication is very vague. Surely post to all your communication outlets would be wiser and a timeframe.

Yep. Would have been much better to know in advance about the scheduled maintenance period, or at least get updates from community managers on the forum. So far, the only thing we have is a tweet from one of their channels with "a little while" which can be several hours, a day, or more. Which was posted AFTER the connection dropped.

I think people are being a bit too harsh..

Maybe the use of social media and not on the forum is debatable… (tbh, a bit weird !)
Extra (emergency) maintentance is normal for almost every online game in the first week. And on a very short notice.

And now claiming they are refusing to give an ETA ? C'mon…
A lot of games don't give an ETA when they are doing maintentance or just announce it will be 4 hours (and done in 2 hours)

And when you give an ETA and it takes longer, people will claim they are liars and bad devs...

When servers are up, they'll notify us again..
But I think a notification board on the main menu is more efficient for communication.

I suppose there is no way to move a Franchise Zoo to being a Challenge Zoo, to continue working on your Zoo while the servers are being silly / being maintained/updated.?

Or an offline mode, where you can't Trade animals, but you can at least get into your Zoo and work on everything else. Now that would be useful.

No ETA or extra communication is fair criticism. "When servers are up, they'll notify us again" - what if it happens tomorrow? Next week?

"Extra (emergency) maintenance is normal for almost every online game in the first week." Yeah. But players are real people with real plans. It would help tremendously to know what timeline we're looking at. And you know, they have CMs but they have been silent during the whole this process.

I suppose there is no way to move a Franchise Zoo to being a Challenge Zoo, to continue working on your Zoo while the servers are being silly / being maintained/updated.?

Or an offline mode, where you can't Trade animals, but you can at least get into your Zoo and work on everything else. Now that would be useful.
This would be good. Or at least that we do not need a permanent connection to the franchise zoo until we do not use the animal market.
I just imagine what will happen if one day the game server will be taken offline. Will we all lose our zoos then? o.o

This would be good. Or at least that we do not need a permanent connection to the franchise zoo until we do not use the animal market.
I just imagine what will happen if one day the game server will be taken offline. Will we all lose our zoos then? o.o

The last part is something i am concered about, too.
Its allright for me to struggle on stuff like this now that the game is new, but lose a couple of hundret hours of zoo building once the servers shut down
in a couple of years... uhhhm i rather do it in offline mode then, as much as i would like to play the community stuff.

+1 to being able to transfer a zoo from franchise to challenge. This is daft, i do love franchise mode but the features it has over challenge im really not sure outweigh not being able to play when the servers are being temperamental or we get a lovely surprise down for a "little while" maintenance. Surely when you are disconnected from the server or there is maintenance just disable the online features of Franchise? get by with the frontier zoo trading and release to wild if you have to and forget about random ppl visiting/updating world records.

I just think it's a bit unreasonable.. It's just a game.
Never played a game where the online part was good from day 1.

Imagine the backlash they would receive if they actually announced they don't have an ETA.

In that case, they should just announce 12 hours maintenance. You can make different plans (or play challenge) and every hour they are online earlier - that's an extra.
CMs silent?, yeah thats basically every game. Already got used that one a long time ago..

thanks, perfect timing. I just left sandbox, so I can now test my new staffcenter in franchise. 😸

I am such a lucky player, that "my" Planet zoo has an offline option, so I still can spent my days off from (real) work with this great game, whenever maintainance is needed ;)

Chante Goodman

Community Manager
Frontier
Hey all! Thanks for your feedback. We post on social media, as it is the quickest way to let people know. Even if you personally don't use social media, people post the Tweets and whatnot into threads such as these and spread the word. We can look at posting when things like Franchise Mode have server issues, but it it happens on the weekend, we cannot guarantee a forum post.

Top Bottom